Author Topic: Dallas area fans - October 17  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
Dallas area fans - October 17
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:21:16 PM »
Mysterious Ways - Austin, Texas based U2 tribute band

Friday, October 17th

FIREWATER @ 8pm [They will be first on stage!]

10261 Technology Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75220
214-352-5700

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
Re: Dallas area fans - October 17
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 06:52:30 PM »
I would say you should tell them to come out to West Texas...but I think I'm the only U2 fan out here.  I work at Target, and so far nobody has bought the UABRS re-release.  We only got four copies and they are all still there.  And everybody I know makes fun of me for U2 being my favorite band, and anytime I tell anyone U2 is my favorite band their reaction is "huh, really?"  or "I hated hearing Beautiful Day/Elevation/Vertigo on the radio all the time."

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 03:36:48 PM »
And everybody I know makes fun of me for U2 being my favorite band, and anytime I tell anyone U2 is my favorite band their reaction is "huh, really?"  or "I hated hearing Beautiful Day/Elevation/Vertigo on the radio all the time."

oh man, i get this ALL THE TIME. I just say "My fav bands are U2, Pink Floyd and Radiohead" which is true, so people usually focus on my love of Radiohead and save the U2 jabs.

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 11:56:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would say you should tell them to come out to West Texas...but I think I'm the only U2 fan out here.  I work at Target, and so far nobody has bought the UABRS re-release.  We only got four copies and they are all still there.  And everybody I know makes fun of me for U2 being my favorite band, and anytime I tell anyone U2 is my favorite band their reaction is "huh, really?"  or "I hated hearing Beautiful Day/Elevation/Vertigo on the radio all the time."

Awwww...how terrible!

I don't have this problem.  When I tell people that U2 is my favorite band, they say "cool." 

But you should come out to Dallas one weekend and make one of our fan gatherings at least.  I suggest joining the U2Texas Yahoo group if you're not already there.  You just might find someone in your area...who knows!  U2Texas helped me meet a lot a great folks in the Dallas area.  Here's the link...

;)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 12:01:03 AM »
Allegra can we do a U2Texas karaoke night? No you have no idea how hard i can rock Mysterious Ways. NO really.

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 12:39:22 AM »
Allegra can we do a U2Texas karaoke night? No you have no idea how hard i can rock Mysterious Ways. NO really.

Sure!  That would be lots of fun!  But I wouldn't know where to start, and what place has the most U2 karaoke songs?

And I see you're not the least bit modest.

;)