Author Topic: Favorite Album (Icebreaker)  (Read 8193 times)

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
Re: Favorite Album (Icebreaker)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm also a big ACHTUNG BABY fan  8)  It's just because each and every song on that album is simply brilliant in my eyes ( or better said ears  :D ). And I really mean it.........the whole mood of that record blows my mind every time I listen to it.

Simply said... from the very beginning (every time "Zoo Station" starts, I get really excited  :)) to the ending tones of Love is Blindness, it's a pure beauty to me.

I totally agree! It's hard not to get into "Zoo Station," with such a fabulous opening riff.  ;D Although I did think there was something horribly wrong with my speakers the first time I heard it...

My "2nd-place" album is probably Zooropa, simply because I think the title track and "Lemon" are genius.  :D

Boom Cha!

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 09:41:57 AM »
Definetly Achtung Baby and Pop. Both of those albums showcase Bono, Adam, Edge, and Larry at their finest. Great lyrics and vocals by Bono (especially on Pop, I love the raspy type thing he has going on). Great rythm by Adam and Larry. I think Pop was the last album where I could actually hear Larry drumming!

And of course.....The Edge. These albums are why he's my favirote guitarist. Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until The End Of The World, that riff in Discotheque gets me everytime, Gone, when they played Please live, Staring At The Sun....He just blows me away everytime.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 01:40:53 PM »
1. Achtung Baby
2. Joshua Tree
3. Unforgettable Fire
4. Zooropa
5. War

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 03:21:28 PM »
Achtung Baby. Because it's effing perfect. Every song, the order of the songs, the music, the lyrics, everything. Dark, edgy, sly, transitional, and unexpected. Came out at a transitional, not quite comfortable time in my life - last year of high school/first year of college - AB was played at virtually every party I went to and was literally the soundtrack to my late adolescence.

And the best part? When I listen to it, it still sounds fresh, new, and unexpected. There's a paradox to AB in that it sounds utterly of its time, but still completely inventive and new. It just doesn't age. I wish I could say that about myself!

Offline Māris

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 10:16:39 AM »
1. The Joshua Tree (always on the top  ;) )

2. Rattle and Hum
3. Achtung Baby
4. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
5. Boy
6. All That You Can't Leave Behind
7. The Unforgettable Fire
8. October
9. Pop
10. War
11. Zooropa

Offline rhmn

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »

Achtung Baby....

For its allround genious. Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam...  all did fine work in that album and Edge and Bono

doing their best performance. I have listened to it close to 1000 times and still find it refreshing.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 10:42:24 PM »
Zooropa

jdfu!

Offline guitarz

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 09:16:59 AM »
Always a tough question...

I toss between "Joshua Tree" And "Achtung Baby" being my favorite. Depends on my mood....

AB definately when I'm feeling "dark"...

JT any other time...

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 06:06:22 AM »
Achtung Baby - its critic proof.
Great songs, Bono's best lyrics, and you feel absolutely spent when its finished.

Offline toolz2112

• Wanderer
  • they just.. sound different
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 07:09:37 AM »
to be honest, i dont have just 1 fav....
i giess it all depends on my moods and how im feeling. at the moment, im loving some of the earlier albums and just rediscovering them, but come this time next month, i mite be back into the newer stuff.
altho, if pushed to make a decision, i would have to say AB...only because to me it is so strong all over, where as The Joshua Tree and ATYCLB do have their weaker moments.
But long may U2 reign....

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 11:22:52 PM »
Achtung Baby is my favourite, it so amazing, you gotta like songs like The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Until The End Of The World and so on... Best album of the 90s.

I loved U2 90s. In Zooropa you got songs like Stay, Lemon, Dirty Day, Numb, Daddys Gonna Pay... and Zooropa which are experimental and exciting to listen to.

Then there is Pop, so underrated but yet "in your face" and its just like nothing ever created by anyone, nor could anyone besides U2 could create it, I can't believe it didnt sell that well.  :-[
On Pop you got awesome songs like Gone, Do You Feel Loved, Discotheque, If God Will Send His Angels, Last Night On Earth and so on...

I love the 90s U2 albums  8) But I do love the 00s albums and the 80s too.  :D

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 11:59:17 PM »
Achtung Baby - its critic proof.
Great songs, Bono's best lyrics, and you feel absolutely spent when its finished.

It is bizarre, isn't it? There's so much emotion in the whole album, from the exuberance of "Zoo Station" to the  desolation of "Love is Blindness," that it just leaves you exhausted! Very peculiar. U2 moves in mysterious ways...  Sorry, had throw that in there... ;)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 12:11:52 AM »
Anyone think that Achtung Baby is the best rock album, or even just album of the 90s?  8)

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 12:14:46 AM »
Anyone think that Achtung Baby is the best rock album, or even just album of the 90s?  8)

Heck yeah!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 12:22:02 AM »

Heck yeah!

;D