Author Topic: Grace on ATYCLB  (Read 8765 times)

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: Grace on ATYCLB
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't think it is mentioned much. I think its just the feel that it gives off. The whole Idea of the songs Walk on and f*** in a moment you can't get out of, all have a kind of Gods grace kind of feel. You know. No matter what you do God still love you kind of thing.
Ive read alot of things bono has said about the album and he always mentions grace. You just have to look at it slightly differently.

That my look on it anyway.

Edit.   I seems to think the word s. t. u. c. k is the f word. Ive tried changing it.
I believe the word is STUCK, the f word would not fit in the song.  His friend Michael was stuck in a problem that he couldn't let go of.  It would be like you have this math problem you're doing and you're stuck in that moment because you can't figure it out, or are you "F" in the moment you can't figure it out  Most people with a bigger vocabulary would say hey teacher I'm stuck , I can't figure it out.  It shows respect, not dishonor. ::)

I don't know whether your being sarcastic or serious lol.

I know its (STUCK in a moment you can't get out) and what its about. It seemed to think it was the F word when I write it in lower case.  It doesn't seem to do it anymore.

Mal   

There was an issue with the way our language filter was set up at the outset.  It has since been re-adjusted and now we can get stuck all we want.

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 03:11:36 AM »
Cool. So its not just me. :)

Mal

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 05:54:53 AM »
Back to the song "Grace": it's got a really cool relaxed, meditative ambient groove going on. Very graceful indeed.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »
Dali, that was so beautifully said. I agree 100 per cent.  I always loved Grace, but again, so many fans hate it.

Offline u2boy11

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Miss Holiday Golightly, Traveling.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »
Grace is one of my favorites. I always thought that it could be a killer live song...

It was a great way to end the album because it summed up the band's over all purpose for their release--much like MLK did for The Unforgettable Fire.

"Grace" is about forgiveness (no matter how badly we screw up) which I believe is the overall objective for ATYCLB --- asking God for forgiveness (When I Look at the World), friends for forgiveness (SIAMYCGOO), asking the human race to forgive itself (Walk On). That is why Grace has been known to be the "overall" theme of the album.

Or at least I think so.

;)