Author Topic: Are Red Zones tix transferable?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline indiansummer

• Numb
Are Red Zones tix transferable?
« on: July 23, 2009, 06:44:08 AM »
Looking to buy Red Zone tickets for Dublin, but as I have already bought Red Zone for London and in the e-mail it states the credit card holder must be present, is this enforced at the stadium, or is the e-mail enough, Anyone with experience at shows past of picking up their red zone tix??

Offline johnnyrioja

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Are Red Zones tix transferable?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 03:26:42 AM »
Did you get any answer to this question?

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:26:37 PM »
No. Red Zone tickets are not transferable. The band wants to keep them out of the hands of scalpers so they are not making these tickets available for pick up until the day of the show. There are no exceptions.

Also, the person who bought the tickets must retrieve them from will call. I don't recommend what I'm about to say, but I know someone who had RZ tickets on a previous tour and couldn't attend. They gave their ID to a friend so the friend could pick up the tickets and use them. The plan was successful since the person working at the will call window was focused on the name on the ID and didn't look very closely at the photo. Friends were same sex, skin and hair color so they pulled it off. I watched the whole thing go down, but it was risky and, again, I don't recommend trying unless you're otherwise going to eat the tickets and have nothing to lose.

Offline rlj1010

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
of course, what's really to stop a scalper from buying 4 Red Zone tickets...  keeping 1 for himself.  Then selling the remaining 3 for a lot of money, as long as they all enter the venue together at the same time....   So in that sense, the Red Zones theoretically ARE transferable.   But that's probably the only way.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
of course, what's really to stop a scalper from buying 4 Red Zone tickets...  keeping 1 for himself.  Then selling the remaining 3 for a lot of money, as long as they all enter the venue together at the same time....   So in that sense, the Red Zones theoretically ARE transferable.   But that's probably the only way.

A scalper could sell all four of them at the venue. Red Zone tickets are not electronic. They are traditional hard tickets. And even if they are electronic the scalper doesn't have to enter the venue. They just have to walk people to the ticket checker who swipes the card and lets the correct number of people enter the venue. The owner of the tickets does not have to be one of the people who enters. I have seen people do this a lot.

Stubhub has permanent "last minute service" locations in a couple of major US cities including LA. That's why there have been a fair number of RZ tickets sold on Stubhub for the Rose Bowl shows. The scalper can pick up the tickets at will call on the day of and run them over to the LMS location. Then the buyer can pick them up at the same place. That is really the only way to sell will call tickets through a third party. It's not possible to do this at most venues unless Stubhub sets up a temporary LMS location, but they typically only do that for major events like the Super Bowl. 

If there is no Stubhub last minute service location there are a couple of problems to consider.

1) The scalper would have to show up at the venue, get the tickets from will call, and hang out on site until they sell them or eat them. Meaning, they would have to live nearby and take the time out of their day to deal with it. Most scalpers these days are lazy and only interested in easy money. They are not willing to do that kind of work.

2) Trying to dump high dollar tickets at the venue is not an easy proposition. From my experiences, most people who are hanging at the venue looking for a ticket are looking for a deal and don't even want to pay face. Finding someone with $350 in their pocket (face value) won't be easy let alone finding someone who is carrying a lot more cash than that AND is willing to pay way over face. It's a risky proposition, especially with $1400 on the line (350 x 4).