Poll

What is your favorite Bono Zoo TV persona?

The Fly
5 (23.8%)
MacPhisto
11 (52.4%)
The Mirror Ball Man
3 (14.3%)
Bono
2 (9.5%)
Undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 11, 2009, 01:08:40 PM

Author Topic: What is your favorite Bono Zoo TV persona?  (Read 7547 times)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: What is your favorite Bono Zoo TV persona?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 08:52:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The weird thing is that apparently Bono got an offer to make MacPhisto a villain in Batman Forever, but wisely decided instead just to contribute a song to the soundtrack.

haha, really? That would've been awesome.  ;D

Offline shkee23

• Wanderer
  • That's where Adam is...Lost in Space
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 12:49:34 PM »
It's definitely Macphisto for me. I love The Fly, but maybe part of why I didn't pick that one was because Bono has become The Fly--the whole sunglasses-wearing and leather pants/jacket. Perhaps if it was a one-time thing, it might have been more special to me. Macphisto on the other hand, although somewhat creepy to those who don't "get it" turned out to be a genius move in my opinion. He was quirky, provided a lighter tone to ZooTV to ease the...dramatic tension if you will. Anyway, I think it'd be killer if, for just one time, Bono would come out for an encore in full Macphisto garb...the crowd would go nuts!!

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 08:45:47 PM »
Hands down, The Fly. MacPhiso was pretty cool, but The Fly is much deeper as a character. You see Bono actually take on the persona of the song itself.

Offline Discotheque Girl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • You break and enter my imagination
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 03:35:17 AM »
I didn't get to vote... :'(
But Mr.MacPhisto for sure...:D;)

I went to that link and I when Bono looked himslef in the mirror and said "You know something?!?You're ugly mother******!!!"
I was dead... :D :D :D :D

zip

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 05:52:20 AM »
I would have to say Mr. Macphisto has grown on me , I understand the reasoning for introducing him on the "world" portion of the tour let's face it most of the world hasn't been exposed to the characture types of the less than reputable american televangelists. On the flip side in the states mirrorball ball man was easily recognisable................