Wow, this thread is old. Anyway... has anyone made New Year's resolutions yet?
Mine from last year were:
1. To finish all three of the stories I'm writing.- I can't remember which stories they were, but I must have finished at least one.
2. To kiss my boyfriend. (It sounds silly that we haven't, but the only time we ever see each other is school. I'm not kissing him at school! )- Um... our breakup occurred too early in the year for that. Damn.
3. To see a band live (I'm sure there'll be some possibility)- I saw Elton John. Does that count? I also saw orchestras perform.
4. To make more friends- Seems to have worked.
5. To get good grades- At the beginning of the year, yes. Now... not as much.
6. To get one or more of my short stories published for real- Didn't happen, but I wish it would.
7. To talk more in public and defend myself more- I've becoming more of a pseudo-extrovert every day, but still have problems with self-deprecation and making fun of things I'm actually proud to have done.
8. To record a song (be it an original or a cover)- Um... can past me define "record"? In an actual studio or alone at home? I haven't professionally recorded, but I record my voice as an amateur all the time.
9. To follow all resolutions and remember them!- Fail.
This year... let's see...
1. To get published in the school literary magazine
2. To become friends with that cute guy from my chorus class
3. To perform in the talent show again
4. To form a band (maybe...)
5. To get into several new artists
6. To cut down on my Internet addiction and live a little more in the real world than I already am
7. To put on a solo performance outside of school
8. To decide on a college I want to go to
9. To volunteer more and practice driving more