Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
Re: New Year's Resolutions
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
My goal is to lose a little weight.  I'm not medically obese yet, but if I shed ten pounds my blood sugar will be normal.   It's tough to do, especially when you are older.  I don't want to go on diabetic meds.  If I don't have to.

Offline Borack

• Child of Grace
  • ... And treat those two impostors just the same.
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 09:32:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My goal is to lose a little weight.  I'm not medically obese yet, but if I shed ten pounds my blood sugar will be normal.   It's tough to do, especially when you are older.  I don't want to go on diabetic meds.  If I don't have to.
Hey. Good on 'ya. I'll have to do the same here, but I have made a bit of progress by switching from sugar to stevia, eating greek-style 0% mf yogurt instead of regular stuff (sometimes as high as 8% mf), and eating an apple (to curb the apetite) about 10 minutes prior to dinner.  Make a few little changes that you can stick with and you should be able to drop the pounds in a reasonable time.

My resolution is to watch less TV (especially MSNBC and HBO) and to exercise for at least an hour at least 4 times each week. Good luck to everyone and don't give up.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 08:13:17 AM »
Thanks Borack.  I like the idea of eating a little snack before dinner.  My problem is that I would wait until.  I got too hungry, then eat too much.  I am going to eat the small snacks, much better for my blood sugar.

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »
1) To go back to school for a career change - classes start on the 14th and I've paid my tuition, so there's no backing out of this one now.

2) Restart my yoga practice - my college has free classes twice a week - have to check to see if the times conflict with my class schedule, but if not...no backing out of this one, either. I'll treat it like a regular scheduled academic class.

3) Learn to drive. Yep, I still can't do that. Lifelong city resident used to taking public transportation, but once my nursing school clinicals start, they could be anywhere at any hour of the day or night, so I don't want to be waiting for a city bus in the middle of the night/crack of dawn.

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 03:32:36 PM »
Looking forward to revisiting this next year.

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
I am going to spend money on things that I value and not spend money on things that I don't value. In other words, stop buying crap and save up for some more expensive things I've been wanting for years. Like some original artwork for my home.