Author Topic: 'Walk On' Support Thread  (Read 193845 times)

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
'Walk On' Support Thread
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »
I noticed that the the Interference members have a dedicated place where members can post requests for support/prayer for themselves, their families, their friends, or anyone else. Since this @U2 forum seems to have a strong sense of community, I think we ought to start something similar. If one of the mods could turn this 'Walk On' Support Thread into something permanent on this board, I think we'd be true to the sense of social responsibility and respect for our fellow man that the band seems to tirelessly emphasize.

The rules are simple. You post something of concern to you or an acquaintance and the rest of us will say a prayer/keep your situation in our thoughts/ say a spell/wish you the best of luck/chant/whatever...

There really isn't a need to mention your name or the name of your acquaintance (unless you feel so inclined). Anonymity is fine.

I'll start.

I'm asking prayer/support for a family in my church. The father passed away at about 3am Tuesday of supposed kidney-related issues. He was relatively young I believe, in his mid40s if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, he leaves behind two teenage daughters and a grieving wife. The funeral is Saturday morning. I'm asking you guys to keep them in your hearts and wish them grace and comfort to get through this. I really can't imagine how I would hold up in a similar situation.

Walk On,
macphisto

PS. Please feel free to share.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: 'Walk On' Support Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
The family will be in my prayers this evening macphisto. I think your idea for this thread is very beautiful and I hope members will share and feel comforted here. Love, SG

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »
Does anyone know how to get this topic pinned?
It's a good idea and it'd be cool to keep this topic alive...

zip

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:33:57 AM »
They will be in my family's prayers to night as well Mac and thanks for creating this thread we all need some help and encouragement from time to time........

zip

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 05:28:17 AM »
some encouragement for all of us............
40:13-17pp -- Ps 70:1-5
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1.I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2.He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3.He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
4.Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
5.Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.
6.Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced+t,+u; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
7.Then I said, "Here I am, I have come-- it is written about me in the scroll.
8.I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."
9.I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O Lord.
10.I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.
11.Do not withhold your mercy from me, O Lord; may your love and your truth always protect me.
12.For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.
13.Be pleased, O Lord, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me.
14.May all who seek to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace.
15.May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" be appalled at their own shame.
16.But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!"
17.Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.

eurydice

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »
macphisto,

I teach in a Catholic school. We start every class with a prayer and my students will be honored to include the family you mentioned in our intentions.

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 04:25:54 PM »
To all,

I just got back from the funeral service today. Despite an obvious sense of estrangement and expected bits of emotion, the family seemed to be in good spirits and generally well composed. It was observed that the children seemed especially calm during the funeral procession; when asked by a fellow parishioner, I believe the kids expressed a hope that their father, although departed, was in a better place and free of his suffering.

Once again, thanks to the all my fellow @U2 members for your prayers, support, etc...

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 04:26:23 PM »
P.S: Let's keep this thread open, shall we?

zip

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 06:39:20 AM »
absolutely !

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 08:55:32 AM »
Believe me, I've been there macphisto. I will keep them and all of you in my prayers, forum friends. We will try to keep this one going because it is too important not to. Everyone needs support. You don't even have to say why you need a prayer or good thought, just tell us you need it here and we will be there!

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 09:24:06 AM »
Please pray for me and my kids.  Several different 'things' are going on.  Simply a tough parenting time.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please pray for me and my kids.  Several different 'things' are going on.  Simply a tough parenting time.

We will, whitewave.

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »
Whitewave, I will be sure to consider you in my personal reflection tonight.

Walk On,
macphisto

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »
Whitewave you and your family are in my thoughts...........

zip

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 05:11:49 AM »
just got in the is morning WW yours are in my morning prayer time...................walk in grace...........