Author Topic: 'Walk On' Support Thread  (Read 199084 times)

zip

Re: 'Walk On' Support Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 09:15:18 AM »
Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 08:33:58 PM »
Thank you.  We're still working on everything. Kids are great aren't they?! :)  No manuals provided.

streetmission

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »
I'd like to request prayers for my mom.  She is going through a tough time with her job and financial situation.

I'd also like to request prayers for my wife and I.  We're planning some major life changes in the next few months.  We need to move but that move depends on finding employment in that area.

Rest assured all of you are in my prayers!  Thank you so much! :)

"I tell you this so you might have peace in me.  In this world you will have trouble but take courage, for I have conquered the world."
--John 16:33

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 10:22:18 PM »
I will remember you in my prayers streetmission. You know, I always found that no matter how much I worried, things always turned out the way they were supposed to. Sometimes we have to be patient and let it happen in God's time and way and not ours. So it seems bad right now but I know your family will see a light at the end of the tunnel. Take His hand and hold on tightly. SG

streetmission

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »
Thank you for your kind words and prayers. :)  I'm the type of person who likes to plan everything, so I'm really working on trusting God.  If I had more trust I wouldn't worry as much.  I know that everything has always worked out in the past, but I also don't like uncertainty.  I just need to let go and let God!  I work on letting go every day, and I know I'm getting better! 

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 10:49:50 PM »
Dear Streetmission,

I sympathize with you. A lot of my close friends and family have been really hit hard this season with finances and job insecurity. I'll be sure to keep everything you've mentioned in my thoughts. I hope everything works out.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean by stating that you want to have everything under control. I'm somewhat religious yet I don't know if I subscribe to a blind faith that things will turn out for the better via divine intervention. One thing is for sure, I put too much stock in my own abilities. Perhaps a little humility wouldn't be so bad every now and then...

You're in my prayers.

Walk on,
macphisto

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Global Moderator
  • Numb
  • Every man dies, not every man really lives. -WW
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 11:13:34 PM »
Great thread here. Thanks for starting it, macphisto.
The power of prayer is an awesome thing!  8)

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 11:20:20 PM »
No problem hawkmoon2e

We've got to carry each other, carry each other...

zip

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 04:59:03 AM »
We are all brothers and sisters here , and I have added the entire forum (easier to mention it that way than to remember all your nicknames haaaaaa) to my prayer time and I will be dropping off a little scripture every morning for you all to read and hopefully it will provide the same strength and encouragement it gives me. Remember , we all walk in God's devine favor (Grace) never forget that and never believe the lies of "the old man"
John 15:1-5
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

grace and peace to us all !!!!!

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Global Moderator
  • Numb
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No problem hawkmoon2e

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I fixed this thread so it will stay at the top of the 'Real World' subject list.

Thanks guys....and keep 'em coming.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »
No problem hawkmoon2e

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I fixed this thread so it will stay at the top of the 'Real World' subject list.

Thanks guys....and keep 'em coming.

Oh wow, Hawk. That is so nice of you to keep it at the top. Thank you. It is too important to fall way down the list. I could have used this one 2 months ago but will certainly use it in the future. I will also be here to pray for anyone'e intentions. God bless.

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Global Moderator
  • Numb
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »
Oh wow, Hawk. That is so nice of you to keep it at the top. Thank you. It is too important to fall way down the list. I could have used this one 2 months ago but will certainly use it in the future. I will also be here to pray for anyone'e intentions. God bless.

Thanks also goes out to our fearless leader, m2. He's da bomb.  :D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

Thanks also goes out to our fearless leader, m2. He's da bomb.  :D

He sure is!!!! ;)

streetmission

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »
We are all brothers and sisters here , and I have added the entire forum (easier to mention it that way than to remember all your nicknames haaaaaa) to my prayer time and I will be dropping off a little scripture every morning for you all to read and hopefully it will provide the same strength and encouragement it gives me. Remember , we all walk in God's devine favor (Grace) never forget that and never believe the lies of "the old man"
John 15:1-5
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

grace and peace to us all !!!!!

Thanks for the scriptures every morning.  It will definitely be part of my daily reflections.  And thanks to hawkmoon2e for pinning this thread. :)

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 07:47:57 PM »
I'd just like to take this time to say that, although many posters on this thread have gravitated towards statements of faith (ie. Scripture), this thread is open to everyone regardless of their beliefs.

This thread is about community. I hope members won't immediately jump to conclusions based on the inclusion of verses, write this thread off as a subtle way to inject religion, and then opt to not participate.

This thread is your voice. Thus, USE it.

There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze,
macphisto