Author Topic: 'Walk On' Support Thread  (Read 199584 times)

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Global Moderator
  • Numb
  • Every man dies, not every man really lives. -WW
Re: 'Walk On' Support Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd just like to take this time to say that, although many posters on this thread have gravitated towards statements of faith (ie. Scripture), this thread is open to everyone regardless of their beliefs.

This thread is about community. I hope members won't immediately jump to conclusions based on the inclusion of verses, write this thread off as a subtle way to inject religion, and then opt to not participate.

This thread is your voice. Thus, USE it.

There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze,
macphisto

I hear you.
But let me just remind everyone that Christianity is not a religion. It's a relationship with God through Christ. Religion is a man made word, and I tend to try and stay away from religions. They usually end up dividing instead of uniting anyway.
So with that said, I don't care what anyones backround/religion/belief is. If someone needs prayer....then I'll pray for them. They might not even believe in God, but I'll still pray for 'em.
God's greatest commandment is this:
Love God with all of your heart, mind, and soul.
And love your neighbor as yourself.

It's funny how it doesn't say to love your neighbor, as long as they believe what you do. Or Love your neighbor....as long as they're a Christian.
Nope. All it says is neighbor. So everyone on this forum is my neighbor!

....that's how I roll.

Alright, Hawk's off the soapbox.  ;)

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »

So with that said, I don't care what anyones backround/religion/belief is. If someone needs prayer....then I'll pray for them. They might not even believe in God, but I'll still pray for 'em.

It's funny how it doesn't say to love your neighbor, as long as they believe what you do. Or Love your neighbor....as long as they're a Christian.

....that's how I roll.

Couldn't have said it better myself, hawkmoon.  ;)

zip

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 05:24:29 AM »

I hear you.
But let me just remind everyone that Christianity is not a religion. It's a relationship with God through Christ. Religion is a man made word, and I tend to try and stay away from religions. They usually end up dividing instead of uniting anyway.

....that's how I roll.

[/quote]

Amen ! Hawk have you been looking over my shoulder too (seems like strong has been over my shoulder all  my life  in a good way )  I have a little home gatherin now and again and we discussed this very subject......it's liberating to shake off those burial rags of religion and walk in relationship isn't it ?

zip

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 05:27:47 AM »
Colossians 3:3
For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.........

this means we are KINGS KIDS !!!!! HOW GREAT IS THAT !!!!!!! the old man can't touch us unless we let him...

ok , sorry , didn't mean to get to "preachy"

grace , love and blessings to us all !!!!!!

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »

Can i ask for some global thoughts and prayers for a dear friend of mine whose wee girl is going into hospital in a couple of weeks to have some toes removed. She has a vascular condition on her leg and this will help the problem - my friend is obviusly upset at the thought but I have to say is a BRILLIANT mum to this wee girl who is in constant pain (shes visited Boston to get treatment)

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »
@singnomore,

I'll keep your friend and her daughter in my thoughts this evening.

-Macphisto

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »
Please keep my friend and his family in your thoughts and prayers............his father has been fighting cancer for several years; his father had a stroke on friday and is in hospice care now........his body is tired........my friend is losing his best friend and is not doing well.

Singnomore....your friend and her daughter are in my thoughts......please keep us posted on her progress.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 06:09:26 PM »
julsport and singnomore-they will be in mine. SG

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »
Singnomore and julsport I will keep them in my prayers and thoughts.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 07:17:07 PM »
I'd just like to take this time to say that, although many posters on this thread have gravitated towards statements of faith (ie. Scripture), this thread is open to everyone regardless of their beliefs.

This thread is about community. I hope members won't immediately jump to conclusions based on the inclusion of verses, write this thread off as a subtle way to inject religion, and then opt to not participate.

This thread is your voice. Thus, USE it.

There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze,
macphisto

I hear you.

....that's how I roll.

It is about community and love.  It doesn't matter what you believe in.   Period.      I have to smile though.  My pastor in one of his sermons spoke about a new member who wan't sure that she liked our church   because "all they do is talk about love"  .  One day she figured it out.  Yep- that's what it's all about.  Plain and simple.  That is what this thread is about too.

' We get to carry each other'--  It is a priviledge.  One love, one heart.....  Peace.  Walk on.......

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 07:58:03 PM »
julsport, you and your friend's father are both in my thoughts tonight...

One love,
macphisto

zip

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 05:37:16 AM »
Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Don't let anyone ever tell any of you that you'll never amount to anythin or that you can never change. All things are possible !!!!

Just as an encouragement to you all , "the forum family"  is lifted up everymorning !!!!

always look up and expect a blessing in any way shape or form !!!

grace , love and peace to us all.........

zip

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 07:28:36 AM »
ok this may be a bit long (sorry) but I really think this is something we can all relate to and draw strength from. Here goes.........
Key Passage: Acts 17:13-26
Topic: God's Care; Pain/Suffering
When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest lay on us, all hope of our being saved was at last abandoned. (Acts 27:20, ESV)
We live in a society looking for quick fixes. As a result everybody claims to have the cure or solution for something.
Got aches and pains? Take a prescribed combination of medicine and/or natural supplements and you're better. Bored? Take a spin in an off-road SUV. Out of shape? Try "Ten Steps to a New You." Wanna get married? Read one of the thousands of books on "How to Find Mr/Miss Right in Six Months or Less."
With so many answers out there, we'd like to think everything has a solution. We don't like not knowing how to deal with a problem. As soon as trouble strikes, we search out the latest and greatest remedies. If we can't find it, we get frustrated and discouraged.
Yet this was the situation that faced Paul and his shipmates. The ship appeared to be at the mercy of the wind and waves. There was no rescue in sight. Fear and hopelessness crept in because they had no obvious answers to their problem.
But this situation was exactly what it took to realize that God doesn't need earthly means to rescue us. His solutions are way above our temporary fixes. God knows the best way to expose our helplessness is to keep hidden the visible and tangible answers.
Life can be overwhelming at times, especially when you see no way out. But God's specialty is rescue missions. And He passionately wants us to come to Him first instead of going to the Internet, self-help books or any other "answer bank."
God is the answer, and we will find incredible peace when we allow His timing and His wisdom to work through our problems

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 01:54:44 PM »
All - the community thoughts are great I've passed on your thoughts and views (to a tearful but happy Mum) Thank you and I'll keep you posted!

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2009, 07:16:05 PM »
My friends dad passed away last night..........please keep my friend and his family in your thoughts.........

Thank you all!! This is a wonderful thread...........it brings me peace - if that makes any sense.