Author Topic: 'Walk On' Support Thread  (Read 180604 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: 'Walk On' Support Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 07:18:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My friends dad passed away last night..........please keep my friend and his family in your thoughts.........

Thank you all!! This is a wonderful thread...........it brings me peace - if that makes any sense.

It does bring peace. What a lovely way to express it. Prayers are with you juls.

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 07:26:56 PM »
My thoughts go out to you and your friends julsport.

Sleep and may your dreams be realized,
Macphisto

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 12:12:33 AM »
 My first post in here, and just have to say this a great thread. My prayers go out to u and your friend juls. And mac Im sorry for your loss.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 12:15:09 AM »
Mac, I meant the family for which you know. Sorry

zip

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »
Alright my friends , as I'm sure you noticed I didn't post the usual "encouragemenfor the day" fact is without getting into too much (not enough space) it's been a crap morning !!!  tryin to play catchup so far like the hamster on the wheel !!!!  I'll try to get something up here as soon as time allows.......your thoughts and prayers are appreciated as always I love you all my brothers and sisters !!!!!!!!

grace , love and peace

zip

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:08 AM »
1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

WOW ! how great is that !!!!!! talk about a "feel good" word !!!!!!!

zip

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »
Key Passage: Acts 17:13-26
Topic: God's Care; Pain/Suffering
When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest lay on us, all hope of our being saved was at last abandoned. (Acts 27:20, ESV)
We live in a society looking for quick fixes. As a result everybody claims to have the cure or solution for something.
Got aches and pains? Take a prescribed combination of medicine and/or natural supplements and you're better. Bored? Take a spin in an off-road SUV. Out of shape? Try "Ten Steps to a New You." Wanna get married? Read one of the thousands of books on "How to Find Mr/Miss Right in Six Months or Less."
With so many answers out there, we'd like to think everything has a solution. We don't like not knowing how to deal with a problem. As soon as trouble strikes, we search out the latest and greatest remedies. If we can't find it, we get frustrated and discouraged.
Yet this was the situation that faced Paul and his shipmates. The ship appeared to be at the mercy of the wind and waves. There was no rescue in sight. Fear and hopelessness crept in because they had no obvious answers to their problem.
But this situation was exactly what it took to realize that God doesn't need earthly means to rescue us. His solutions are way above our temporary fixes. God knows the best way to expose our helplessness is to keep hidden the visible and tangible answers.
Life can be overwhelming at times, especially when you see no way out. But God's specialty is rescue missions. And He passionately wants us to come to Him first instead of going to the Internet, self-help books or any other "answer bank."
God is the answer, and we will find incredible peace when we allow His timing and His wisdom to work through our problems.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »
Key Passage: Acts 17:13-26
Topic: God's Care; Pain/Suffering
When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest lay on us, all hope of our being saved was at last abandoned. (Acts 27:20, ESV)
We live in a society looking for quick fixes. As a result everybody claims to have the cure or solution for something.
Got aches and pains? Take a prescribed combination of medicine and/or natural supplements and you're better. Bored? Take a spin in an off-road SUV. Out of shape? Try "Ten Steps to a New You." Wanna get married? Read one of the thousands of books on "How to Find Mr/Miss Right in Six Months or Less."
With so many answers out there, we'd like to think everything has a solution. We don't like not knowing how to deal with a problem. As soon as trouble strikes, we search out the latest and greatest remedies. If we can't find it, we get frustrated and discouraged.
Yet this was the situation that faced Paul and his shipmates. The ship appeared to be at the mercy of the wind and waves. There was no rescue in sight. Fear and hopelessness crept in because they had no obvious answers to their problem.
But this situation was exactly what it took to realize that God doesn't need earthly means to rescue us. His solutions are way above our temporary fixes. God knows the best way to expose our helplessness is to keep hidden the visible and tangible answers.
Life can be overwhelming at times, especially when you see no way out. But God's specialty is rescue missions. And He passionately wants us to come to Him first instead of going to the Internet, self-help books or any other "answer bank."
God is the answer, and we will find incredible peace when we allow His timing and His wisdom to work through our problems.

Zip what a great way to put it! 

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14:39 PM »
Thanks everyone for their kind words...........you are are wonderful and remain in my daily thoughts........

Peace to us all.....

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2009, 06:30:40 PM »
I don't pray, nor do I believe in God.  But I consider myself a very spiritual person.  And positive thought is a powerful energy indeed.  So when I say 'positive vibes', know that that's as strong as it gets for me and it isn't meant lightly.

On that note, my positive hippie pagan  ;) vibes go out to Whitewall, Streetmission, singyourlife and julsport and your families and friends.

My grandmother and my half-sister are both in a rough patch on their journeys and could benefit from some positive thought/prayer/whathaveyou sent their ways.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2009, 06:35:28 PM »
I forgot to add that I recently made a trek out to THE Joshua Tree in Death Valley.  It was a very spiritual experience for me, but not my point.  Several fans had left little rock 'sculptures' around the tree - song or album titles spelled out (or initials).  Here's what I left (my friends helped me gather the stones).

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »
Zooey......your Grandmother and half-sister are in my thoughts........I'm not religious either but find peace with prayer/thought meditation - whatever we like to call it.......I was raised Catholic so my views on religion are skewed from the priests and nuns that taught me......I can understand why some people need to attend church and respect them for that.......I choose to follow my own spiritual journey....I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and wish you all peace.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »
I don't pray, nor do I believe in God.  But I consider myself a very spiritual person.  And positive thought is a powerful energy indeed.  So when I say 'positive vibes', know that that's as strong as it gets for me and it isn't meant lightly.

On that note, my positive hippie pagan  ;) vibes go out to Whitewall, Streetmission, singyourlife and julsport and your families and friends.

My grandmother and my half-sister are both in a rough patch on their journeys and could benefit from some positive thought/prayer/whathaveyou sent their ways.

Good thoughts for your family, zooey. Thank you for the beautiful picture. You can find some inspiration anywhere!

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »
I forgot to add that I recently made a trek out to THE Joshua Tree in Death Valley.  It was a very spiritual experience for me, but not my point.  Several fans had left little rock 'sculptures' around the tree - song or album titles spelled out (or initials).  Here's what I left (my friends helped me gather the stones).

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That image is beautiful, zooey.
May we each find what we're searching for...whatever that may be...

Your grandmother and halfsister are in my thoughts tonight.

I have spoke with the tongues of angels,
macphisto

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2009, 10:51:43 PM »
Hello again my friends.

In the middle of the fanfare over GOYB, I'm sadly reminded that our lives do indeed go on. It's fun to sing Sexy boots yeah hey hey, but then reality comes knocking. That being said, I'm requesting your thoughts and whathaveyou for two things.

Firstly, a cousin of mine is going through a rough time on account of her husband who's husband is now in the terminal stages of brain cancer. The doctors had done an operation to remove a tumor but now something's come back. The couple have three kids all around 7 yrs old. I'm not really close to this cousin but I'm human enough to know that she really needs grace for this period, and whatever transpires.

Secondly, a man in my church is going through a bit of a rut on account of some complications with his eyesight. He's essentially lost sight in both of his eyes and has many liver problems as well. His family just moved from overseas and thus, his disability prevents him from earning income for the family. Due to this, the family's experiencing some financial obstacles as well. Additionally, one of his sons has essentially turned into a bit of a cynic, very estranged from his family and his church community and such. As much as I'm requesting prayer for the man, I'm requesting prayer for the son as well; I hope he'll be able to find his way, realizing the value of community at such times as this. Whatever he's looking for, I hope he finds it.

Oh no be strong,
macphisto