Author Topic: 'Walk On' Support Thread  (Read 198920 times)

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
Re: 'Walk On' Support Thread
« Reply #5340 on: December 23, 2012, 08:19:57 AM »
Mom is coming home today :) The doc said it was probably a virus that we caught early enough to prevent it from becoming full-blown pneumonia. SO HAPPY!

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
« Reply #5341 on: December 23, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Mom is coming home today :) The doc said it was probably a virus that we caught early enough to prevent it from becoming full-blown pneumonia. SO HAPPY!

So happy for you and your family. An excellent early Christmas present.

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #5342 on: December 23, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »
Awesome news, uplate!! ;D

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #5343 on: December 24, 2012, 04:35:17 AM »

Indeed, what a beautiful Christmas miracle!!! ;) Merry Christmas Uplate to you and your Mom! :)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5344 on: December 27, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »
Faris, Jab, Ocean, Uplate and Beli - thanks for your feedback on my issue. Sorry I haven't gotten back here as things have gotten a bit worse. I didn't get to spend Christmas Eve with my family because of my sister, but we did go out to dinner on Christmas day.

Uplate - I'm glad your mom is out of the hospital! I hope she gets better soon.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5345 on: December 28, 2012, 06:10:09 AM »
I think that was a good decision jenn, you sometimes have to do whats right for you!

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #5346 on: December 29, 2012, 03:12:35 AM »
:(  ((HUGS)) Jen.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #5347 on: December 29, 2012, 04:11:10 AM »
Faris, Jab, Ocean, Uplate and Beli - thanks for your feedback on my issue. Sorry I haven't gotten back here as things have gotten a bit worse. I didn't get to spend Christmas Eve with my family because of my sister, but we did go out to dinner on Christmas day.

Jen, I don't know the details, but I am sure you made the right decision for yourself. And that is what matters. Otherwise it could be enabling the other person's behavior. I might not have been easy but I am glad you did what was best for you.

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #5348 on: December 29, 2012, 04:28:02 AM »

Jen, I don't know the details, but I am sure you made the right decision for yourself. And that is what matters. Otherwise it could be enabling the other person's behavior. I might not have been easy but I am glad you did what was best for you.

I agree. It sounds like she is aware of her diagnosis and still refuses treatment. It also sounds like she would have ruined or at the very least, made your Christmas Eve very uncomfortable. You are not obligated to deal with that.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #5349 on: December 31, 2012, 07:59:48 AM »
I wanted to start of 2013 with some words of wisdom, however, while I was trying to think of something prophetic to share today, I received a text from my coworker telling me that she wouldn't be in today because of a family matter.  I texted back, and yes, I will admit this, more than slightly annoyed that this was happening on NYE, a day when most people have off, saying I hoped everything would be OK and received the following text in return, "It won't be. My brother died."

Through some back and forth communication we at work discovered that her brother had been killed in a head on car accident on his way to work, the victim of someone who had started celebrating the New Year a little too early.  He was 25.  Her family is very tightknit and are at her parents' house consoling them right now and all individually are probably wondering how such a thing could have happened to such a wonderful and gifted young man.  Please join me in offering prayers and good thoughts to this lovely family.

I am not mentioning this to bring anyone down, but rather to remind everyone here how fleeting life is.  It is too short to be petty at life's seemingly small inconveniences (as I, ashamedly, was); to hold on to any hate or anger, instead of being open to love and understanding; to be alone when there are others who need you and who you in return need; to wonder "Why?" instead of "Why Not?" and to be grateful for the things we have instead of envious of the things we don't. 

One of the cornerstones of my religion is to begin our new year (different from the one we are all about to celebrate) by asking (either silently or directly) for those in our lives to forgive us any differences we may have had over the prior year and in return we clear the slate for others (again, either silently or directly).  I encourage everyone here to do so-- to begin the new year with a fresh start and to give that fresh start to others.  I wish everyone who comes here for solace a beautiful 2013.  May it be filled with the things you want and more importantly the things you need.  I hope that you will enter the new year with love in your heart for those you know and those you will meet in the upcoming year.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5350 on: December 31, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »
A beautiful New Year Blessing Bels...

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5351 on: December 31, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #5352 on: December 31, 2012, 09:42:38 PM »
Agree!
And prayers of healing, strength & peace to your coworker and her family - so tragic! :(
Thanks for perspective, Beli... As I listen to my slap-happy, giggling children (who are exhausted, but determined to stay up til midnight), I'm looking at them longer, and soaking in the sounds of those giggly voices more than I would have before reading that post... ((Hug))

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #5353 on: January 01, 2013, 03:25:13 PM »
I agree too, my heart goes out to their family and my best wishes for everyone's new year

Offline Borack

• Child of Grace
  • ... And treat those two impostors just the same.
« Reply #5354 on: January 01, 2013, 08:32:28 PM »
Greetings Beli (and others)

First, a warm 2013 to all.
Second, fumble fingers here, so I'll try (harder) to be brief.
There is likely some continuum or spectrum of inconvenience, and there are likely the points of skepticism, mild annoyance and cynicism on this spectrum. Actually, its likely two spectrums,  - the logical and the emotional, where a cynic does not believe much of anything, and certainly very little of things that are good. Which brings me to my point. I don't think your initial reaction was out of line so much as it might have been human nature. And just like Black Swan incidents, the actual circumstance (and the rarity) of the situation was much more dire and tragic than you could have reasonably foreseen. So does this make you a cynic or a nasty person? No, because the key test here is how you responded (with humlity, concern, compassion, empathy etc.) in a graceful manner instantly AFTER you learned the circumstance(s).  So don't belittle or berate yourself ... but thank you for the valuable insights into a useful habit (which I'll strive to adopt each year) and thanks for rapidly demonstrating the usual care and compassion that you're likely rightly known for.  Got to scoot. We remain proud of you Beli, and more than this, we almost always learn something valuable from your contributions and insights.  A joyous 2013 to all, and prayers to the family as well as the extended network impacted or hurt by this tragedy. It will scar their holidays for many years, but we'll still pray for their welfare, and for yours too.
B.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:34:33 PM by Borack »