Author Topic: 'Walk On' Support Thread  (Read 201314 times)

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
Re: 'Walk On' Support Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 01:49:33 PM »
Your cousin and the man who attends your church will without a doubt be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

zip

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »
hello all sorry it's been a madhouse in Zip's world of sorts hope this gives you all a bit what you need !
It's All Good 
November 29, 2008
Key Passage: Acts 13:13-43
Topic: Bible Study
"And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers, this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus" (Acts 13:32-33, ESV).
The Bible is a big book containing roughly 800,000 words. It's separated into two major divisions; the Old Testament, and the New Testament.

The Old Testament is by far the largest containing about 75% of the Bible's content--and yet it is often ignored by Christians today.

But already in the Book of Acts, we've seen the importance of the Old Testament.

Before Stephen was executed (Acts 7), he retold the Old Testament story, going all the way back to Abraham. Now in this chapter, Paul, in Antioch of Pisidia, does the same thing starting with the Israelites' exodus out of Egypt.

Why is the Old Testament important? Because it all points to Jesus. On the road to Emmaus, just after His resurrection, Jesus explained to the travelers walking with Him how all of the Old Testament pointed to Him (see Luke 24:27).

Don't fall into the trap of thinking only the New Testament is important because of its stories of Jesus and letters on Christian living.

The whole Bible is about Jesus and about what He did for sinners on the cross.

zip

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
Jeremiah 1:4-5
The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

this how groovy our Father is.....he knew us before we were born and has set us apart for greatness in our own individual lives !!!!!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »
Hi zip! I was about to post a scripture and some words of encouragement in your absence but you do it so beautifully. I am glad you did this. We missed you. SG

zip

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 02:29:36 PM »
thanks Strong I miss you all too !!! this has been a wacky conversion and still ots to do ! I've only heard snippets of GOYB and part of the sunday special !!! work before pleasure I spose ! any way keep the faith my beloved ones and I will be about soon !!!!

grace, peace, love !

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »
macphisto.....I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's husband.  I will pray for him and your cousin.  The man in your church will remain in my thoughts as well; it must be so difficult losing ones sight.  I cannot imagine.

Zip.......you are awesome!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 07:41:46 PM »
Your two intentions are in my prayers tonight macphisto. My heart is breaking for those children and the pain your cousin must be experiencing right now.

luieu2

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

zip

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 05:25:42 AM »
Image Bearers     
Key Passage: Genesis 1:26-31
Topic: God; Bible Characters
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27, ESV)

On the sixth day of creation, God created mankind. He created the first man and woman known as Adam and Eve. There was something special about this creation; they were set apart from everything else He had created.

God made all the animals "according to their kinds" (Genesis 1:24, ESV). But when it came to creating humans, He created them according to His kind--in His image. That alone tells us that humans are something special. No other part of God's creation was made in God's image--only man.

What does it mean to be created in God's image? Does it mean that we look like Him? That we share the same physical characteristics as Him?

No, it has nothing to do with our physical likeness. We know that God is a spirit and doesn't have a body like ours. "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24, ESV). Jesus is the only one who took on a human form when He came to earth to die on the cross.

So, if our physical being wasn't created in the image of God, what was?

Our soul. Our soul bears the image of God. The difference between us and the rest of creation is that we're the only ones who will live forever. Our soul is eternal. God also gave man the ability to have knowledge and understanding, and the capacity to communicate and enjoy a relationship with Him. He also gave us a will--a will that allows us to choose whether or not we're going to believe and follow in Him.

So what does that mean for us today? As Christians, we're to be a reflection of God to others.

Ask yourself, Do people see God in me? Am I a good image bearer of God? We should take seriously the great responsibility for which we were created--to glorify God by revealing Him to the world around us.

have a great day as you all walk on in the image of our father !!!

zip

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 05:27:59 AM »
Psalms 71:6
From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

My prayers and thoughts continue for you all ! As we take each day as it comes and make the most of it as carry each other along the way !!!

grace, peace and love my brothers and sisters !!!!

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2009, 06:06:42 AM »
Macphisto they will all be in my prayers.

Offline AmericanAngel

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • My nick-name is Wonder Woman.
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2009, 06:11:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ok this may be a bit long (sorry) but I really think this is something we can all relate to and draw strength from. Here goes.........
Key Passage: Acts 17:13-26
Topic: God's Care; Pain/Suffering
When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest lay on us, all hope of our being saved was at last abandoned. (Acts 27:20, ESV)
We live in a society looking for quick fixes. As a result everybody claims to have the cure or solution for something.
Got aches and pains? Take a prescribed combination of medicine and/or natural supplements and you're better. Bored? Take a spin in an off-road SUV. Out of shape? Try "Ten Steps to a New You." Wanna get married? Read one of the thousands of books on "How to Find Mr/Miss Right in Six Months or Less."
With so many answers out there, we'd like to think everything has a solution. We don't like not knowing how to deal with a problem. As soon as trouble strikes, we search out the latest and greatest remedies. If we can't find it, we get frustrated and discouraged.
Yet this was the situation that faced Paul and his shipmates. The ship appeared to be at the mercy of the wind and waves. There was no rescue in sight. Fear and hopelessness crept in because they had no obvious answers to their problem.
But this situation was exactly what it took to realize that God doesn't need earthly means to rescue us. His solutions are way above our temporary fixes. God knows the best way to expose our helplessness is to keep hidden the visible and tangible answers.
Life can be overwhelming at times, especially when you see no way out. But God's specialty is rescue missions. And He passionately wants us to come to Him first instead of going to the Internet, self-help books or any other "answer bank."
God is the answer, and we will find incredible peace when we allow His timing and His wisdom to work through our problems

Thankyou so much for starting this thread!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D When I came by to lurk, this brightened my day!  8)  And Zip, may I say, how profound your statement.  Yes! God is the answer and everything is in His timing!  ;) You have no idea how revalent this statement is for me.
Grace and Peace to all

Alton Dalton

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2009, 03:55:07 AM »
Welcome back AA! Good to see you again!! :)

zip

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2009, 08:43:10 AM »
The Rest of Creation     
Key Passage: Genesis 2:1-14
Topic: God; Jesus
So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation. (Genesis 2:3, ESV)

It was finished! After six days of mind-boggling miracles and unbelievable artistry from God's hand, it was all done. No small accomplishment by any stretch. What an immense joy it must have been for God to display His character and pleasure through His unique and complex creation!

And then...God did something peculiar. He rested. Something we wouldn't necessarily expect after a mere six days of excitement and activity.

Why stop there? Why not create more? That's what we'd ask. Resting doesn't make sense to us when there are so many options for something to do.

So why did God find it right to cease doing more? It's doubtful that He needed a break. An all-powerful God doesn't get tired.

Could it be that God was content with what He had done? It was complete--and "it was very good" (Genesis 1:31, ESV).

When sin entered the world, however, this completeness was broken. God's creation was no longer "very good." It was not until Christ came into the world and died to pay for our sins that this completeness became possible again.

When we surrender our lives to Christ, we enter into God's rest (Hebrews 4:1-3). We stop striving to be reconciled to God and accept the completeness that only Christ can offer. Instead of a symbolic rest (the Sabbath) we have the real thing--Jesus.

Have you found your Rest?

peace, love and grace my brothers and sisters !!!!

zip

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2009, 09:00:29 AM »
Psalms 71:6
From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

who wouldn't want to give our Father his props when we know he has our back at all times !!!!

walk on !!!

peacel , love and grace !