Author Topic: 'Walk On' Support Thread  (Read 198914 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: 'Walk On' Support Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
I am asking for your prayers and/or good thoughts for a friend who lost her husband yesterday. He was ill but this was unexpected. Their marriage was one for the storybooks! Childhood sweethearts and best friends! He will be missed by many but not more than by the love of his life.  I also ask for your prayers and good thoughts for me as I am dealing with the pain of a loss that occurred a few years ago but have only now been able to really face and grieve.  Love to you all, SG

Offline macphisto

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In te domine.
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am asking for your prayers and/or good thoughts for a friend who lost her husband yesterday. He was ill but this was unexpected. Their marriage was one for the storybooks! Childhood sweethearts and best friends! He will be missed by many but not more than by the love of his life.  I also ask for your prayers and good thoughts for me as I am dealing with the pain of a loss that occurred a few years ago but have only now been able to really face and grieve.  Love to you all, SG

Both you and your friend are in my concerns. I'll be sure to say a prayer on the way to class today.

Let it be,
macphisto

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of your friend's loss, StrongGirl.  And I'm sorry to hear of your own pain.  I hope there is peace and acceptance ahead for you.   :)  It's true that we get to carry each other, and it is, indeed, a privilege to do so.  I know you must have people in your life who will carry you through rough times.  (including your forum buddies.)

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2009, 12:59:57 PM »
Hi Twin...my thoughts are with you as well..through this tough time. *hugs to ya*..feel free to pm me..if ya need to chat. Gypsy

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2009, 01:33:36 PM »
StrongGirl, your friends loss will be in my prayers. As will your own.

Be strong :]
Gina

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2009, 06:35:38 PM »
Thank you all so very much. It really means a lot to me.

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Global Moderator
  • Numb
  • Every man dies, not every man really lives. -WW
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2009, 06:43:20 PM »

You got it, SG. Do you mind PM'ing me with his name?

--Hawk

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2009, 08:26:29 PM »
SG........I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friends husband..........my heart aches for her. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers........I also will keep you in my thoughts.........Please take care of yourself and allow yourself to greive.......you remain in my prayers.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »
SG........I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friends husband..........my heart aches for her. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers........I also will keep you in my thoughts.........Please take care of yourself and allow yourself to greive.......you remain in my prayers.

Love ya, Juls!! Thanks so much, really. Thank you also Hawk. You are all very kind.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:30:13 PM by StrongGirl »

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:08 PM »
Hey Julsport I will keep them and you in my prayers.  I do know what it feels like and it takes quite awhile.  It sucks. Hug.

zip

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »
God Cares     
Key Passage: Genesis 2:15-25
Topic: God's Care
Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." (Genesis 2:18, ESV)

A few days ago, we began to focus on the Book of Genesis. If you've been reading the Scripture and Insights every day, you know that by Genesis 2, God has already created the earth, divided light from darkness, and created man.

Shortly after He created man, God spoke the words we focus on today: "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him."

God made a woman, a helper for the man (called Adam)--someone to work with him; someone who could relate to him, someone for him to share his life with. And they both benefited from this relationship.

The fact that God created someone "fit" or perfectly suited to "help" Adam shows us what a loving God He is. He recognized Adam's need for relationship. He said, "It is not good for him (Adam) to be alone." And God did something about that need.

God still cares about the needs of His creation--every individual need of each individual in His creation. He knows what you need today: physically, emotionally, relationally, spiritually. And He cares about you just like He cared about Adam.

First Peter 5:6-7 reminds us that we should be "casting all your [our] anxieties on Him, because He cares for you" (ESV).

for all of us wondering if Father God still cares.........HE DOES !!!!

grace, peace and love

zip

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »
Psalms 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

he knew us before we even knew our mums !!!!

And the Father still love us to this day and on to enternity....

grace , love and peace my beloved ones........

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »
Thank you for today's beautiful reading zip.  I just got back from my friend's husband's funeral. It was a beautiful and very uplifting service. I give credit to our church's singer who is beyond amazing. She has a gorgeous voice but there is something extra special about her. She touches you very deeply. It is indeed a gift from God. My friend wanted to thank you all for caring. So I will pass that on and add that you all are some of the nicest people I've ever met. It is a privilege to know you and call you my "forum" friends. Thank  you Hawk for placing this positive thread at the top. SG

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Global Moderator
  • Numb
  • Every man dies, not every man really lives. -WW
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »
Cool. Thanks for sharing the hard stuff, SG.
And that goes for everyone else, too.

Ya know, a few years back we had a very strange but very real situation here in the AtU2 Forum. I'm sure that a few of you remember it, but I'm not going to go into details about it. Let's just say that it was a matter of life and death, though.
Many U2 fans stood up and helped in their own way, and that totally helped in a big way.

The title of this section is "The Real World", and that's exactly what it is. Sure, we can argue politics, movies, teams, or just about anything else in here. But at the end of the day, I hope that we really do want what is best for one another. And as one forum member reminded me a while back, if we can't agree on anything else, then we can always just turn up that backround music of U2, and remember that we still have that common thread.
/Hawk's mushy sermon over/

8)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »
Truth and sincerity are never mushy.   :)