Author Topic: 'Walk On' Support Thread  (Read 201295 times)

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
Re: 'Walk On' Support Thread
« Reply #5310 on: November 14, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »
Thanks y'all. My sister is out of surgery and all but is nauseated and in lots of pain. They are keeping her overnight when it was supposed to be outpatient. It took a lot longer than they thought (like 5 hrs versus 1. 5 hours) and they will not know till next week if she has Hashimoto's disease (where the thyroid has stopped functioning) and also if it is cancer or not.

Also, our colleague in Ghana is alive and though his knee is broken as well as his hand/ wrist pretty badly (like we do not know if he will lose any/ either) but he is alive and we are very, very thankful for that.
So, thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #5311 on: November 14, 2012, 08:40:40 PM »
Oh faris, your poor sister, i feel so bad...((hugs))
everyone pray tonight for her please

and your colleague, yes he is alive and that is so good, he will heal...

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
« Reply #5312 on: November 15, 2012, 08:30:15 AM »
Faris,

Glad your sister made it safely out of surgery. As you and I both know, maybe it is better if she stays overnight-- sometimes leaving the hospistal too arly is not a good thing.

Also so glad to hear things with your co worker are not as bad as they could have been. Thanks goodness he was wearing his helmet.

I will continue to hold all of you in my thoughts.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5313 on: November 19, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »
My sister gets her biopsy results tomorrow, so really appreciate thoughts and prayers.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #5314 on: November 20, 2012, 03:46:33 AM »
Sending good thoughts to all of your family. (HIGS)

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #5315 on: November 20, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »
I will be thinking of you and your family Faris 

HUGS

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5316 on: November 20, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »
Just wanted to thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers, both for my sister and our Ghanaian friend. 
Both are on the mend; our Ghanaian friend has had a surgery to put a pin in his leg and next comes reconstructive surgery for his knee.

And my sister got the results back on the biopsy from the mass they removed-- and it is not cancer! She will have Hashimoto's disease (hypothyroidism) and has some problem with her vocal chords, but both of these seem very small and manageable. 

So, a big thanks to everyone.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #5317 on: November 20, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just wanted to thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers, both for my sister and our Ghanaian friend. 
Both are on the mend; our Ghanaian friend has had a surgery to put a pin in his leg and next comes reconstructive surgery for his knee.

And my sister got the results back on the biopsy from the mass they removed-- and it is not cancer! She will have Hashimoto's disease (hypothyroidism) and has some problem with her vocal chords, but both of these seem very small and manageable. 

So, a big thanks to everyone.

So much to be thankful for this year. I am so glad that things are working out for your friend and your sister. HUGS

Offline jabw10

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #5318 on: November 20, 2012, 10:02:36 PM »
So happy to hear the good news, faris! Hope your friend continues to heal, and that your sister's voice fully recovers, too :)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5319 on: November 21, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »
good news faris, ((hugs))

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #5320 on: November 22, 2012, 09:53:37 AM »
Sending out thoughts and prayers to everyone here today, and around the world, reminding us all to be thankful for whatever we have because there's always someone somewhere who has less. 

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5321 on: December 05, 2012, 07:21:45 AM »
I just wanted to say I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for my family over this fall. It has been a wild ride and I appreciate y'alls support.
One last update: My grandfather is out of the rehab hospital (for his broken pelvis) and out of the general hospital which he was admitted to for vomiting and dehydration. Appreciate good thoughts and prayers that he can stay out of the hospital. Thanks.

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #5322 on: December 05, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »
I'll continue to keep you guys in my thoughts, and it's also good news people are recovering

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5323 on: December 06, 2012, 08:23:47 AM »
Prayer for your grandfather faris, that he totally recovers soon.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5324 on: December 08, 2012, 11:54:36 PM »
For those of you who have never had to deal with a person who is bipolar (manic depressive), consider yourself very lucky. My sister is bipolar and refuses to acknowledge that she has an illness. As a result she refuses medication or therapy. In the past, when she was diagnosed, she did take it seriously until she realized that she could use it to her advantage. She would start the manipulation, crying wolf, bullying, verbal abuse and sometimes physical abuse. Over the years she has convinced herself that she is not ill, contrary to what everyone tells her. She has also stooped to throwing temper tantrums like a toddler would.

Since I have dealt with her all of my life and have met others that are also truly bipolar, I have learned to identify those that truly want help in order to live a normal life and those that thrive off of attention and sympathy. My sister is the latter.

She will make up a story about how she was abused or treated wrong, but refuse any advice or make excuses as to why she is unable to get help from professionals. She will manipulate and lie just enough to get people to believe her and feel sorry for her. She has threatened suicide a few times and has even swallowed large amounts of aspirin - just to get back at someone who made her mad. (Yes, she has admitted to doing this)

My sister has been putting her efforts into causing more problems then usual these past few weeks and she upset me tonight with her antics and attempted public humiliation. Luckily, it seems, I caught it in time and no one was able to see what she did.

My sister has caused me and my family so much grief over the years that for a while doctors thought I was a depressive too. I am not a depressive at all, I was just stupid enough to let my sister abuse me emotionally causing me a lot of grief.

I'm always wary when I meet someone with this illness but I will try to help them. I am the type of person who gives and wants to help. But if I am betrayed, I will walk away from them as I do not want that drama/grief in my life.

The only reason I am putting out this message is that I want people to be very, very, very careful when dealing with mental illnesses. If someone really wants help they will give you progress reports and they will actually be receptive to your advice.

If you come upon someone like my sister, you will not realize that you are being used right away but you will feel very betrayed when you figure it out. You never know if it's your neighbor, coworker, classmate, or someone on this forum!

I'm sorry if I am coming off a bit harsh, but this is very serious stuff. Please do not put yourself into a position where you will hurt yourself or another person. I am not unsympathetic to people with mental illnesses, just very guarded so please do not judge me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:17:19 AM by jenniferh aka jen »