Author Topic: Dallas show  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Chuck82

• Babyface
Re: Dallas show
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 09:56:05 AM »
I'm looking for some feedback....what is the general opinion about me waiting in the GA line (my first GA show) and my wife who is 6 months pregnant and working most of the day joining me in line later in the day?  Some have told me this is not a huge deal if you explain to the people around you and others have said it's really not fair for anyone to not wait in line and get to go in early.  I don't want to make anyone upset, but I also want to get pretty close to the stage.  What do you all think?

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »
It wouldn't upset me personally but I can see the argument of "well, if everyone did it..."  I started a thread about this very topic  (well, my wife wasn't pregnant) on Interference - I'll post a link here if you want to read it.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 06:51:39 AM »
For those arriving early for GA, where is everyone planning on parking for the Dallas show?  I don't think the stadium lots open until the afternoon and most of the businesses around there tow.

There's a WalMart close by and the big mall right there is offering a deal.  Spend $40 at the mall and you can park for free.  You take your receipts to customer service and they give you a ticket to put in your window.

Do you know how close the mall is and the exact street location? Just got the e-mail that the stadium parking lots won't open until 3:30PM the day of the show.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 08:04:07 AM »
Okay, just found this on the Dallas Cowboys stadium website:

U2 Concert Information
Monday, October 12, 2009
9:00am Early Parking Opens - Lot 13 ONLY
(Cash and Passes Accepted)

9:00am Early Line-Up Opens (GA Floor) -
Outside West Plaza - Designated Line Only

3:30pm Cowboys Stadium Parking Lots Open

5:00pm Plazas Open & Stadium Opens
(Plaza Access Requires Event Ticket)

7:00pm Concert Begins

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »
What passes?

Anyways, I paid for parking but I may not end up using it since the lot won't open until 3:30.

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 09:20:26 PM »
Well, I've booked a motel room at a place that's .64 miles from the stadium so I'm probably just going to walk it.  Anybody still planning on showing up before 9:00am?

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 05:42:09 PM »
I don't guess any of you happen to be passing through Paris..  :-\

rocker77

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 08:47:12 PM »
I will be arriving around 730 am--I went by the stadium and it was on complete lock down...I mean if you went to Chi 1 where it was more open to meet the band here it isn't..Of course the rain doesn't help either...

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 11:09:01 AM »
I showed up about 9:30.  I was 365 in line, but still managed to get rail on the outer circle The Edge's side.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 11:00:02 PM »
We got there at 6am. I was #101.  It kinda pi**ed me off that the Line Leader let the guy in front of me put his two friends on the list ahead of me even though they didn't even show up until around noon.  But whatever.  We had an AWESOME spot on the outer rail (by choice, plenty of room in the pit for quite awhile).

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 11:42:49 AM »
I feel like I made a good choice showing up at 9:30.  I don't really think I could have had a much better spot being there at 6:00.  I would imagine the only thing better would be rail in the exact center since the band spent a lot of time there.

And I had a group of 6 in front of me that after they got numbers had one person hold their spot in line while the rest went to Starbucks for like 3 or 4 hours.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »
We were dead center and I though I was going to pee my pants during Crazy Tonight when all 3 of them were practically on top of us!!

And that's a whole lotta Starbucks.  Did they bring you any back?