Author Topic: Let's show Dallas some love  (Read 27998 times)

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
Re: Let's show Dallas some love
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2016, 04:10:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh, yeah...Dallas is priceless. Very cool, great looks...and, I 'spose, a great guitar tech!
It was thrilling to see him last year. My guy thinks I'm a bit nuts...when Dallas went out on the stage before the show to check Edge's guitars, I was all "OMG it's Dallas!" and my guy, poor sweet innocent thing had the cajones to say "who?". Let's just say that I straightened him out pretty quickly!

Adorable, he sounds like a good guy. Happy for ya !

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2016, 05:41:11 AM »
Oh, yeah...Dallas is priceless. Very cool, great looks...and, I 'spose, a great guitar tech!
It was thrilling to see him last year. My guy thinks I'm a bit nuts...when Dallas went out on the stage before the show to check Edge's guitars, I was all "OMG it's Dallas!" and my guy, poor sweet innocent thing had the cajones to say "who?". Let's just say that I straightened him out pretty quickly!

Oh, he IS a good guy! We've been together for 20 years now. When I heard U2 were coming to a city near us, I knew I had to go. Told my guy...he wasn't thrilled. I said I was going "with or without you"! He went to one of the shows just because he didn't want me to go alone!
And he LOVED it...is now a huge fan. I did go to the second show by myself...he wasn't sure he could handle two nights in a row when I got the tickets. I think he was really sorry he didn't go to both shows! But, yeah, he's a keeper.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2016, 07:14:47 AM »

Oh, he IS a good guy! We've been together for 20 years now. When I heard U2 were coming to a city near us, I knew I had to go. Told my guy...he wasn't thrilled. I said I was going "with or without you"! He went to one of the shows just because he didn't want me to go alone!
And he LOVED it...is now a huge fan. I did go to the second show by myself...he wasn't sure he could handle two nights in a row when I got the tickets. I think he was really sorry he didn't go to both shows! But, yeah, he's a keeper.
U2 does that to people. I had the same feeling, i was becoming a fan and at the first concert. In Rotterdam 1989, i was just hooked. Since than i call U2 my positive addiction.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2016, 08:18:21 AM »

U2 does that to people. I had the same feeling, i was becoming a fan and at the first concert. In Rotterdam 1989, i was just hooked. Since than i call U2 my positive addiction.
A positive addiction...I like that! I call it my sickness, lol.
Before the show, my guy said U2 music was too much like poetry...he feels very differently now! Yes, U2 does change people.
You saw them way back in '89...you are so lucky! I've been a fan since the early 80's, but as
I said, this last tour was my first live shows. I missed a lot over the years, but I have all the dvd's and cd's. I used to have everything on vinyl, but lost all of that. sigh.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2016, 03:54:53 AM »

Before the show, my guy said U2 music was too much like poetry...he feels very differently now! Yes, U2 does change people.
You saw them way back in '89...you are so lucky! I've been a fan since the early 80's, but as
I said, this last tour was my first live shows. I missed a lot over the years, but I have all the dvd's and cd's. I used to have everything on vinyl, but lost all of that. sigh.
Yeah that was the Lovetown tour with BB. So cool, that blues band blew everyone away. Since that time i did not mis a Dutch U2 concert. But almost did, because last year we were not able to swap tickets at the latest moment. A ticket drop at the Ziggo Dome, so my friend bought tickets at the latest hour. She eventually found fans and sold the extra tickets she had.
Were you able to replace your U2 stuff? Hope ya did. That's awful what he did to you.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2016, 05:56:04 AM »

Yeah that was the Lovetown tour with BB. So cool, that blues band blew everyone away. Since that time i did not mis a Dutch U2 concert. But almost did, because last year we were not able to swap tickets at the latest moment. A ticket drop at the Ziggo Dome, so my friend bought tickets at the latest hour. She eventually found fans and sold the extra tickets she had.
Were you able to replace your U2 stuff? Hope ya did. That's awful what he did to you.
The Lovetown tour with BB !!! Oh wow. I am so happy for you that you've seen a lot of shows. I'm trying to not be jealous!
Well, I have purchased all of the dvd's and cd's. But never did replace all the vinyl. It was the first act of violence I saw from me ex. It kinda escalated after that. He was a Vietnam veteran, and something in his brain just snapped. BUT I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT WARS BETWEEN THE NATIONS...NOT RIGHT NOW! ha.
Life is good now.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2016, 11:26:34 AM »

The Lovetown tour with BB !!! Oh wow. I am so happy for you that you've seen a lot of shows. I'm trying to not be jealous!
Well, I have purchased all of the dvd's and cd's. But never did replace all the vinyl. It was the first act of violence I saw from me ex. It kinda escalated after that. He was a Vietnam veteran, and something in his brain just snapped. BUT I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT WARS BETWEEN THE NATIONS...NOT RIGHT NOW! ha.
Life is good now.
Good for you Riffey, we need strong women like you.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »

Life is good now.
Thanks, VolcanoGirl. "I have a will for survival."

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2016, 11:33:57 AM »

Life is good now.
Thanks, VolcanoGirl. "I have a will for survival."
Thumbs up !!

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2016, 04:58:11 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I like that one, with all the clouds in the back.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2016, 05:24:46 AM »
It looks like he's on a boat??? He is sweeeeeeet.