Author Topic: What does your U2 collection look like?  (Read 190757 times)

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rock and roll doggie!!!
Re: What does your U2 collection look like?
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2009, 04:31:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ive been an obsessed U2 fan since 1983, and became a collector in 1987 after the JT was released. By 1993 I had a massive U2 collection. Every single and album on every format possible from every country and every color vinyl possible, about 10-15 items of these were signed by either the whole band or incividuals depending who I had met at the time. I had over 500 magazines and books, pieces of the berlin wall, an inflatable Trabant, photographs, gold discs, silver discs, many band awards, lithographs, live radio shows and much, much more.

Mmm...sounds like a collection that would leave mine in the dust, but if you have no photographic proof, then it never happened.  ;)

Seriously, though, that's rough (though mindbogglingly idiotic of you, if I may be so bold) and you have my (partial) sympathies.  I'd have killed the beeotch, personally...

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
Ive been an obsessed U2 fan since 1983, and became a collector in 1987 after the JT was released. By 1993 I had a massive U2 collection. Every single and album on every format possible from every country and every color vinyl possible, about 10-15 items of these were signed by either the whole band or incividuals depending who I had met at the time. I had over 500 magazines and books, pieces of the berlin wall, an inflatable Trabant, photographs, gold discs, silver discs, many band awards, lithographs, live radio shows and much, much more.

Mmm...sounds like a collection that would leave mine in the dust, but if you have no photographic proof, then it never happened.  ;)

Seriously, though, that's rough (though mindbogglingly idiotic of you, if I may be so bold) and you have my (partial) sympathies.  I'd have killed the beeotch, personally...

God, Part II - you may be so bold! Iv'e heard it many times, and of course, cannot agree more  ;)

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »
All studio recordings on CD
JT, War and UABRS (unedited, not sure what that means since I have no current means to listen to it) on vinyl
JT and War Remastered Box Sets
Every Rolling Stone with Bono or U2 on the cover
U2 by U2
U2 & i

and pics I've taken at concerts (I've only been to 2) and at the Joshua Tree.

Revolver7

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 08:24:31 PM »
I just have the Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, The Unforgettable Fire, All That You Can't Leave Behind, Atomic Bomb, U218 Singles, and the Best of 1980-1990

The next additions to my collection will probably be the "One" single...and of course, No line on the horizon...  ;)

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »
Okay, here goes round two!  Picking up from where we left off, we have: Silver Box, Sun City: Artists United Against Apartheid, Captive--Music From the Film, Back to the Centre [Remastered], Live for Ireland, RTE's The Late Late Show Tribute to the Dubliners, Negativland's U2 (I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For) [SSTCDsi 272], Rhythms del Mundo: Cuba, Pras Michel's Haven't Found [German Import Maxi-Single], Take Me to the Clouds Above [Australian CD1 Import Maxi-Single], Take Me to the Clouds Above [Australian CD2 Import Maxi-Single], ¡Ni Un Paso Atras!, A Very Special Christmas, This World is Not My Home and Robbie Robertson [Original Master Recording 24K Gold Disc]

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
Fallen Angel [3" French Import Single], Robbie Robertson [Expanded Edition]/Storyville [Expanded Edition], Folkways: A Vision Shared (A Tribute to Woody Guthrie and Leadbelly), The Talking Animals [Remastered], Brave and Crazy, Acadie, Still Water [Promo CD Single], Acadie [Goldtop Edition], Red Moon, Bringing it All Back Home: The Influence of Irish Music [HBCD0026 Hummingbird Records], Spellbound: The Best of Sharon Shannon, Red Hot + Blue [U.S. Cover], Out Loud: For the Human Rights and Freedom of Lesbians and Gays, Amazing Grace, ...Hold On: BBC Radio 1FM Sessions and Tibetan Freedom Concert.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
The Breakthrough [Australian Import w/'So Lady' Bonus Track], Until the End of the World--Music From the Motion Picture Soundtrack [Canada Cover], Alternative NRG: Greenpeace, Peace Together, Honeymoon in Vegas--Music From the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Slide On This [Koch 332 80-2], Stay With Me [U.S. Single], As if to Nothing, In the Name of the Father--Music From the Motion Picture Soundtrack, In the Name of the Father [Australian Import Maxi-Single], You Made Me the Thief of Your Heart [UK Import Maxi-Single], Flyer [Promo], Flyer, The Long Black Veil [Original Master Recording 24K Gold Disc] and Tower of Song: The Songs of Leonard Cohen.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2009, 10:33:52 PM »
Inner City Blues: The Music of Marvin Gaye, Q's Juke Joint, Heat: Music From the Motion Picture, Together for the Children of Bosnia, Goldeneye--Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Goldeneye [UK Maxi-Single], Shag Tobacco, Mission: Impossible: Theme From 'Mission: Impossible' [U.S. Maxi-Single], Mission: Impossible: Theme From 'Mission: Impossible' [UK Maxi-Single], Go Cat Go, Discothèque [UK Maxi-Single] (not sure why I didn't have this stored with the U2 maxi-singles proper), Small World Big Band, Volume Two: More Friends, The Celtic Heartbeat Collection 2, Nancy Sinatra, The End of Violence--Songs From the Motion Picture Soundtrack and The Songs of Jimmie Rodgers: A Tribute.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
Perfect Day ('97) [UK Import Maxi-Single], Lean on Me [UK IND-95618 Import Single w/Album Version and Video Version], Traveller, Cookie's Fortune--Music From the Motion Picture Soundtrack, New Day, Michael Hutchence, The Million Dollar Hotel--Music From the Motion Picture, Shine, Aural and Hearty, Q Magazine: The Best Tracks From the Best Albums of 2000, Creamfields, Walk On (Remix) [U.S. Promo Single] (not sure why I didn't have this stored with the U2 maxi-singles proper), America: A Tribute to Heroes, Café del Mar: The Best Of, The Sunday Times Exclusive CD and U2 7.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »
Moulin Rouge!--Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film, Cieli di Toscana, What's Going On, Goddess in the Doorway, The Corrs: Live in Dublin, The Ultimate Corrs Collection, Gangs of New York--Music From the Miramax Motion Picture, We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to Ramones, Good Thief, The--Original Soundtrack & Music From the Film, The Preacher's Son [limited Edition], Voices and Poetry of Ireland [Hardback Book and 3 CD Combo], 46664, Part 1: African Prayer, 46664, Part 2: Long Walk to Freedom and 46664, Part 3: Amandla.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 10:50:55 PM »
Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs & Chanteys, Duets: An American Classic, The Saints Are Coming [UK Import Single] (not sure why I didn't have this stored with the U2 maxi-singles proper), Showgirl Homecoming Live, Window in the Skies [UK CD1 Import Single], Window in the Skies [UK CD2 Import Maxi-Single], Window in the Skies (DVD Single) (not sure why I didn't have all three of these stored with the U2 maxi-singles proper), The Ballad of Ronnie Drew [UK Import Single], Born Again Savage, Wrecking Ball, Undark One: Strange Familiar, Instant Karma: Save Darfur, Across the Universe--Music From the Motion Picture Deluxe Edition [2 CD Set], Oblivion With Bells, Boy, Boy, Boy [Japanese Import Maxi-Single], The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust! and 24 Hours.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2009, 10:52:48 PM »
And the piece de resistance (DVD pictures to come in a couple of days)!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2009, 04:09:34 AM »
I propose we organize a "@U2Forum Weekend" at God's house and all go to enjoy his magnificent collection.

You can charge entrance fee.  :)

Offline JohnnyVOXX

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • many will see and hear
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »
GP2!!!!
dear God!!!
what an amazing collection mate!!
really amazing!!

luieu2

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
And the piece de resistance (DVD pictures to come in a couple of days)!
yuor only person to show proof you have a collection thats awsome ;)