Author Topic: Is there anyone at this point who doesn't know the set list?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
Is there anyone at this point who doesn't know the set list?
« on: September 30, 2009, 11:17:50 PM »
just curious, i admire your patience! I was thinking about not looking the next 20 days, but i dont think i can resist!

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
Re: Is there anyone at this point who doesn't know the set list?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:43:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
just curious, i admire your patience! I was thinking about not looking the next 20 days, but i dont think i can resist!
Not it!
I am sure such a person does exist in the forum community.  However, I doubt that they will be perusing the threads in the "Tours" section of the board.

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:18:15 AM »
I've been reading the setlists since Barcelona and have noticed some of the changes etc. Honestly, it didn't really take away from my concert experience when I saw them in DC two days ago. If anything it made me notice that we were lucky to get New Year's Day! Of course I also noticed they had dropped two new songs!

Show was still amazing!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »
Just to let you know-if you don't want to know stay away from TOURS section. It is just too difficult to put SPOILER on every thread at this point. We tried but most members don't want it anymore. Sorry!

Offline jrnyc

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 10:13:12 AM »
Resist ! I stayed off all of the boards prior to the Giants Stadium shows so I could be surprised. But in hindsight, the set list is so average , there werent many surprises.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:17:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just to let you know-if you don't want to know stay away from TOURS section. It is just too difficult to put SPOILER on every thread at this point. We tried but most members don't want it anymore. Sorry!

You should really put something on the @U2 Homepage; an initial warning or something SG.

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 11:11:12 PM »
Honestly, I think the "Spoilers" heading on a thread title is still useful for people like me.  Up until the Charlottesville concert, I tried my best to avoid setlist info, as I wanted to be as surprised as I could by the song selection.  It's a great feeling to hear the intro to a U2 song, and be surprised and excited that you are hearing it live!

Two points:

The "Tours" section of this site really helped me in preparing for my first U2 concert experience, just getting info on the venue and the city... planning the trip there in general.  So if you want to get technical, the "Tours" section isn't (or shouldn't be) solely about the songs that are played.  It's a useful area for people that are looking to get information on tour venues.  Which brings me to my second point:

Is it really that difficult to type the word "Spoiler" in front of your thread title if it references the setlist?