Author Topic: Vancouver Meetup - Tuesday, October 27th @ 8pm - Doolins Irish Pub  (Read 16233 times)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Well @U2ers... time to plan a drinkin' session before the last show in Vancouver!  I planned it for 8pm to allow an opportunity for those of you who want to grab dinner beforehand since this is more of a bar than a dining destination (although they do serve the usual pub grub if interested).

Chose a location downtown on Granville @ Nelson, the majority of the downtown hotels are about a 10-15 minute walk from here or a very quick cab ride so location should be convenient to those staying near BC Place.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's the location:

Let me know if you plan to join in so I can reserve an appropriately sized table for the gang - hope to see you there!

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Vancouver Meetup - Tuesday, October 27th @ 8pm - Doolins Irish Pub
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
I'm in!  I will find out if I will be bringing people - could be 3 or 4, so I will email them & find out if they are interested.

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
I'll be at the Canucks game, which starts at 7.  Hopefully it'll finish by 9:30ish, so hubs and I will meet you then.

Can't wait to meet you!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:59:17 PM »
I plan a late night there to include everyone so should still be there by 10pm EASILY!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 03:50:31 PM »
OK... let me get this straight.

We've got an EdgeGirl, a LarryGirl and an AdamGirl out drinking together?

NO BONOGIRL!?!

What is this world coming to?

BonoGirls?  Where are you?  I hear there's a couple of you around!!! :P

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »
Ooh! I'm a BonoGirl! But I can't make it on the 27th  :'( That sounds really fun. I hope I still get a chance to meet you guys sometime around the concert...

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »
Heya Edgefest - I just heard about this...  Three or four Bonogirls ( including myself) may join you but let me confirm with them! 

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »
OK... let me get this straight.

We've got an EdgeGirl, a LarryGirl and an AdamGirl out drinking together?

NO BONOGIRL!?!

What is this world coming to?

BonoGirls?  Where are you?  I hear there's a couple of you around!!! :P

LOL!  Maybe the corresponding gentlemen will do us the honour of showing up!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
Heya Edgefest - I just heard about this...  Three or four Bonogirls ( including myself) may join you but let me confirm with them! 

Excellent!!!!  The "meeting" we had at Soldier was kind of crappy, really... not enough chance to talk, and me wearing grubby GA clothes and smelling of humidity off Lake Michigan (LOL!) - lets do it right this time ;)

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »

Excellent!!!!  The "meeting" we had at Soldier was kind of crappy, really... not enough chance to talk, and me wearing grubby GA clothes and smelling of humidity off Lake Michigan (LOL!) - lets do it right this time ;)

soggy from the BC rain, smelling musty.  lol.

I am getting excited!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »

I am getting excited!

You know what makes ME excited?  There's a liquor store right at the bottom of our hotel :D

Very easy to enjoy a nice glass of wine before the show - yay :)  There was never one close to our hotels for the other shows so this is a small victory. 

Yay Google Street View (which is now live for Vancouver if you want to play with it!)

PS - All that nightmare construction on Granville is pretty much done now thank goodness.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »

Hey it was short & sweet but great to meet ya, and you no smelly bad!  At least no more than us!  LOL.   ;)   It'll be great to do it 'proper' though.... I'll let you know once I hear back from the gals. 

Btw - the streets all over are in construction  for the past two years in prep for the Olympics, and then you have the condo constructions also blocking traffic downtown.  Its been a pain getting around & we have diversions all over.   (don't get me started)

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »

I am getting excited!

You know what makes ME excited?  There's a liquor store right at the bottom of our hotel :D

Very easy to enjoy a nice glass of wine before the show - yay :)  There was never one close to our hotels for the other shows so this is a small victory. 

Yay Google Street View (which is now live for Vancouver if you want to play with it!)

PS - All that nightmare construction on Granville is pretty much done now thank goodness.

May not be staying @ the Westin now...  my sister is paying for the hotel, and she all of a sudden is saying that she would like to stay at the Pan Pacific.  (I guess there's some sort of deal going on for those days.)  I am just waiting to see what she decides.  I would rather the Westin, but it's her call I guess  :(
on the other hand...  those lovely Irish men have stayed at the Pan Pacific in the past - you never know!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »
The Pan Pacific is lovely, they do have some very good deals as well.  However, can't beat the location of the Westin for the show so I'm going to stick with it.  I got $219 for a one bedroom suite way back in March when they first announced the show that I never canceled (yay me).  If Edge is staying at the Pan Pacific though, I'll join you guys for breakfast, sound good?

:P

Offline Lady B

• Refugee
  • Cool down mama..........cool off
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »

Hi Edgefest and Everyone!

Count us in!!!   Me and p8ru2  ;D  Bellydancer will most likely join in later in the evening.  Looking forward to meeting up.

Any of the @u2 staff heading north???????????