Author Topic: Standing up when you have reserved seats question  (Read 3200 times)

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
Re: Standing up when you have reserved seats question
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 09:37:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome to the US! Where people will stand up for idiots running with a football, but not for U2.
As compared to standing for a bunch of guys in shorts and stockings running around kicking a ball with their dainty little feet? (oh yeah, how many people have been beaten to death in a riot after one of our football games?)

At the Charlottesville concert (in VIRGINIA mind you) Everyone in my section, and within my view in the stadium, stood for the entire show. Enough so that Bono complemented  the crowd response not once, but twice.  It is odd that we in the US apparently don't know how to stand for a show if we are in seats, nor do we apparently know how to behave "properly" in the GA. Nor have we yet to master that refined move of pogoing straight up and down all night and exclaiming that we are dancing. Still, with all those horrible traits, we are still the place where bands dream of playing.

Sorry to be so snarky, but the continuous generalizations  about the US that keep getting thrown about in the forum by our European brothers and sisters is starting to get under my skin.

I live in the US.  I've lived here all my life. And its personal experience, seeing shows in the US vs. EU. Yeah people don't get killed at sporting events, only on the streets and because our health care sucks. If you want to talk killing, look at some murder rates in general and get back to me buddy. But I digress.  Yeah, boring audiences compared to everywhere else. Dream of playing? Of course, the world loves us. I'm just saying in general we're a bore of a country filled with self-absorbed zombie people who would rather text all night than get into a show.

The Euros are right, they've gotten far more right (not concert-wise) than we have int he last twenty-thirty years.

Next time please look at someone's location before assuming they're from somewhere simply because it suits your point.

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 09:41:30 PM »
Welcome to the US! Where people will stand up for idiots running with a football, but not for U2.
As compared to standing for a bunch of guys in shorts and stockings running around kicking a ball with their dainty little feet? (oh yeah, how many people have been beaten to death in a riot after one of our football games?)

At the Charlottesville concert (in VIRGINIA mind you) Everyone in my section, and within my view in the stadium, stood for the entire show. Enough so that Bono complemented  the crowd response not once, but twice.  It is odd that we in the US apparently don't know how to stand for a show if we are in seats, nor do we apparently know how to behave "properly" in the GA. Nor have we yet to master that refined move of pogoing straight up and down all night and exclaiming that we are dancing. Still, with all those horrible traits, we are still the place where bands dream of playing.

Sorry to be so snarky, but the continuous generalizations  about the US that keep getting thrown about in the forum by our European brothers and sisters is starting to get under my skin.

Grow up, both of you  ;)

Grow up? I just stated my opinion. He's the one who responded with the typical "I"M AMUUURICAHN! WE'RE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE! THEY ALL LOVE US AND WANT TO COME PLAY HERE! BONO SAYS WE'RE GREAT! NOW GIVE ME MY BEER!"Then talks about generalizations, and proceeds to make his own implying all European soccer events are violent. Like I said, he/she didn't even look at my location to see that I'm in the very country hes blindly defending because "YOU INSULTED AMUUURICAH!"

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »
At both Chicago and Toronto the entire sections stood up for the whole concert.

I'm worried about Vancouver.  But my short self is standing, everyone behind me be damned.  I am now an experienced 360 Tour watcher, so I will show THEM how its done ;)

People sitting will probably be able to see over you standing anyway!   :P

I stood and they were able to see over my short self too ;)  No one had a problem with people standing in Giants Stadium. Most did stand anyway.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 09:46:54 PM »
There are respectful and disrespectful people all over this planet. No place is immune to it.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 09:55:40 PM »
At both Chicago and Toronto the entire sections stood up for the whole concert.

I'm worried about Vancouver.  But my short self is standing, everyone behind me be damned.  I am now an experienced 360 Tour watcher, so I will show THEM how its done ;)

People sitting will probably be able to see over you standing anyway!   :P

I stood and they were able to see over my short self too ;)  No one had a problem with people standing in Giants Stadium. Most did stand anyway.

You will get a fine to listen to 2 tracks of Lady Gaga if you sit down  :D :D :D :D That should be a punishment  ;D

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 10:05:44 PM »
You will get a fine to listen to 2 tracks of Lady Gaga if you sit down  :D :D :D :D That should be a punishment  ;D

And 4 tracks of Lady Gaga if you stand UP for Black Eyed Peas... :P

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 01:24:18 AM »
I say we all make signs that serve a dual purpose  for fans of the song as well

STAND UP!

;D

Offline jackofhearts

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:38 AM »
Everyone around me stood up at DC, and I had nose-bleeds.  Was awesome.  I don't like sitting at rock shows. 

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 01:50:24 PM »

Grow up, both of you  ;)

Grow up? I just stated my opinion. He's the one who responded with the typical "I"M AMUUURICAHN! WE'RE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE! THEY ALL LOVE US AND WANT TO COME PLAY HERE! BONO SAYS WE'RE GREAT! NOW GIVE ME MY BEER!"Then talks about generalizations, and proceeds to make his own implying all European soccer events are violent. Like I said, he/she didn't even look at my location to see that I'm in the very country hes blindly defending because "YOU INSULTED AMUUURICAH!"

Apparently I had it right when I mentioned self-loathing Americans. ;)

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 09:50:39 PM »
Perhaps this is a generalization we can all agree on:

At a U2 concert everyone stands!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 09:55:21 PM »