Author Topic: METALLICA  (Read 1773 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: METALLICA
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »
yup. they're actually coming to Arlington, no less! i assumed i'd get let down yet again by a band. #Psyched

btw, who are the opening bands? are they good? i've heard of them but...

Offline tigerfan41

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2017, 11:23:39 AM »
MI date! But it's in July which is already jam packed with concerts for me...so not sure if I can swing another one.

As far as the openers, Avenged Sevenfold aren't my cup of tea but they're pretty highly regarded in modern rock/metal. Volbeat are highly thought of, too. Gojira have a lot of screaming in their music, but they're considered one of the best modern metal bands. Again, none of these are my cups of tea, but they seem like good fits for Metallica.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2017, 11:32:56 AM »
ugh. i hate the screaming or death growling metal bands.

i don't have anything for June yet AND that will be my bday week lol!

Offline imaginary friend

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • take the long way home
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2017, 06:23:22 PM »
Gojira's one of the two best metal bands in the world right now, Mastodon being the other.

Rest of the lineup's straight-up garbage.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2017, 06:56:02 PM »
I like Volbeat and Gojira, but Avenged Sevenfold is one of the most overrated bands out there now, in any genre.

Might be going to see them in Toronto with my cousin who's a big Metallica fan.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »
ok so i'm seeing that the Beastie Boys DJ Mixmaster Mike is opening for them on US tour? this can't be right? i mean MMM + Metallica? i'd be in heaven! i mean both their official pages are reporting it so i'm wondering if he replaced one of the other 2 openers or he's a third opener?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:33 PM »
So my gf said she wanted to see Metallica this year, so I bought us tickets. Neither of us have really been "fans" per se....least of all myself. Anyway, the tickets came with copies of the new album. Guess what? I really kind of dig it. Sonically, its pristine. I have to wonder...if it appeals to me, maybe hardcore fans have a reason to turn their backs. But either way, I'm looking forward to the show. Spit Out the Bone is just massive. And there's a nice mix of cheesy fantasy "metal" lyrics and some decent real life stuff.

I listened to Kill em All today for the first time. Sounded like "baby Metallica" to me. Endearing, but probably won't be revisited too often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk