Author Topic: Ask Dr. Middy, a Thread for Advice on Life  (Read 41376 times)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • ^ my face as I'm listening to the new album.
Re: Ask Dr. Middy, a Q&A for anybody
« Reply #960 on: December 08, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, be in that I'm waiting a month to actually do something here, what exactly do I do to hold out for a month? She's kinda in my mind all the time now (HA, Electrical Storm).

How about planting a seed in her mind before she takes off for the holidays?  That'll give her something to think about.

And while you wanna be friends with a lover, you don't want her to start seeing you as a friend in the platonic sense only.  Physical and sexual attraction is a must and you either have it for each other or you don't.

I'm giving her subtle hints about me liking her more than just a friend, I'm just not sure if they're being actually seen or not.

And about the last part, well lets just say that the sexual part (if everything does works out for the better) will come later. Trust me, Its not like I don't have sexual attraction to her, in fact its the complete opposite. I'm not a believer into rushing that aspect.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
« Reply #961 on: December 08, 2012, 07:41:14 PM »
So, be in that I'm waiting a month to actually do something here, what exactly do I do to hold out for a month? She's kinda in my mind all the time now (HA, Electrical Storm).

Mid,

Since you aren't saying exactly what you are doing to "lay the groundwork" here it is hard to give solid advice but I can make a few suggestions. First of all you dont want to give too much pressure on the friendship. So try not to hang out with her too much. Women don't like to be crowded out.

Try to do activities that she is interested in. Also you can ask her along to help with holiday errands, especially if you solicit her help in shopping for a female member of your family. This is also good because it lends itself to a semi date situation like stopping for a cup of coffee or hot cocoa while at the Mall, etc. Kind of a Thank you for her help. She will feel flattered that you asked her advice and it will give the two of you a chance to bond without the pressure of an actual date.

Another piece of advice I would have for you is to keep busy-- work out, hang with friends, etc. This will help you from focusing too much on her and your feelings for her so that you can keep things in perspective. 

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #962 on: December 09, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »

Mid,

Since you aren't saying exactly what you are doing to "lay the groundwork" here it is hard to give solid advice but I can make a few suggestions. First of all you dont want to give too much pressure on the friendship. So try not to hang out with her too much. Women don't like to be crowded out.

Try to do activities that she is interested in. Also you can ask her along to help with holiday errands, especially if you solicit her help in shopping for a female member of your family. This is also good because it lends itself to a semi date situation like stopping for a cup of coffee or hot cocoa while at the Mall, etc. Kind of a Thank you for her help. She will feel flattered that you asked her advice and it will give the two of you a chance to bond without the pressure of an actual date.

Another piece of advice I would have for you is to keep busy-- work out, hang with friends, etc. This will help you from focusing too much on her and your feelings for her so that you can keep things in perspective.

Yeah I should clarify.

She'll usually hang out in our room every couple of days for a few hours with me and my roommate. I actually usually convince her to hang out longer, she might see this as me enjoying her company.

Otherwise I mean now everybody is busy with finals (including myself), so that doesn't leave much time to do much else. We aren't in any similar classes, so it does sort of make things a bit difficult. I was actually considering taking an audio production minor before coming here, which has a bunch of classes she's in.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #963 on: December 09, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »
I'd tell your roommate to sling his hook.

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #964 on: December 09, 2012, 04:52:10 PM »
I'd tell your roommate to sling his hook.

He wasn't around the last time me and her hung out.  :D

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #965 on: January 27, 2013, 10:07:10 AM »
Dear Middy, ;)

Question:

Why are there so many conspiracy theories around these days? Every time I turn around,
I hear a new one?? I dont remember this going on growing up..

thanks..

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #966 on: January 29, 2013, 08:11:47 AM »

How about planting a seed in her mind before she takes off for the holidays?  That'll give her something to think about.

And while you wanna be friends with a lover, you don't want her to start seeing you as a friend in the platonic sense only.  Physical and sexual attraction is a must and you either have it for each other or you don't.

I'm giving her subtle hints about me liking her more than just a friend, I'm just not sure if they're being actually seen or not.

And about the last part, well lets just say that the sexual part (if everything does works out for the better) will come later. Trust me, Its not like I don't have sexual attraction to her, in fact its the complete opposite. I'm not a believer into rushing that aspect.

I think that is very mature on your part.  Rushing into sex can ruin a relationship.  It is always better to fall in love first.

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #967 on: September 27, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
So then... any questions for me?  :)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #968 on: September 27, 2013, 08:15:15 PM »
Oh, this is cool- I was just perusing search results on the forum and ran across this thread and thought it should be bumped. :)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • VOTE FOR THE FORUM AWARDS!!!!!!
« Reply #969 on: September 28, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »
why do you like ponies?

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #970 on: September 28, 2013, 06:17:12 PM »
why do you like ponies?

Ken,

I've gotten this question a lot. Really, its an awesome show that gives me nostalgia to older cartoons I've watched, while also having its own charm. I love the animation style and how the characters aren't made to be perfect. Each one of the main 6 ponies (also called the mane 6) have flaws of their own which are made evident through the show. For a kids show, it is really well done in general.

This, and the overall fandom is just fantastic. The art, music, writing, everything is really cool. At this point, the fandom is massive and known nearly worldwide at this point. Sometimes I see it as a retreat from reality, which is nice to have. Everybody has something in their life which fills that sort of a space.

And Rainbow Dash, which is self explanatory  ;)

Dr. Middy

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • VOTE FOR THE FORUM AWARDS!!!!!!
« Reply #971 on: September 28, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »
why do you like ponies?

Ken,

I've gotten this question a lot. Really, its an awesome show that gives me nostalgia to older cartoons I've watched, while also having its own charm. I love the animation style and how the characters aren't made to be perfect. Each one of the main 6 ponies (also called the mane 6) have flaws of their own which are made evident through the show. For a kids show, it is really well done in general.

This, and the overall fandom is just fantastic. The art, music, writing, everything is really cool. At this point, the fandom is massive and known nearly worldwide at this point. Sometimes I see it as a retreat from reality, which is nice to have. Everybody has something in their life which fills that sort of a space.

Dr. Middy
that was my favorite part Mid  ;)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #972 on: September 30, 2013, 06:32:46 AM »
why do you like ponies?

Ken,

Dr. Middy

Dr. Middy,
So what do you think about ocean still like 'Johnny Quest'....a cartoon from the
60's, i love too, with the animation and they music and scarey characters here and there.

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #973 on: September 30, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
why do you like ponies?

Ken,

Dr. Middy

Dr. Middy,
So what do you think about ocean still like 'Johnny Quest'....a cartoon from the
60's, i love too, with the animation and they music and scarey characters here and there.

Ocean,

Whatever floats your boat!  :) :D

Dr. Middy