Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Rumors / Re: U2 @ the BBC - December 19th at 9pm
« Last post by Tim Wallach on Today at 09:21:06 AM »
I watched it and it was fine. Some nice versions. I didn't think Bono's voice was in top form and I thought that version of All I Want is You should absolutely, 100% have been included in the show over some tired standards like Beautiful Day. Also, too many commercials leaving the interviews cut too substantially.
General U2 Discussion / Re: All 218 U2 songs ranked
« Last post by eldercantrell@yahoo.com on Today at 09:17:39 AM »
I love how they did this even though I agree with less than 50% of their choices. I think it just shows how subjective U2 songs are. Though definitely some choices I'd love to have a one on one with them about. How is Crazy ranked so high for example? Or how is Soon so low? Spanish Eyes at 26 AHEAD of love is blindness? Angel of Harlem top 20? Clearly they really loved Rattle and Hum, which is fine. Just happens to be one of my least favorite U2 albums. I do love All I Want Is You and Desire, notwithstanding. Would be interesting if SOE was considered.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Love is all we have left
« Last post by dirtdrybonesandstone on Today at 09:12:57 AM »
Definitely a change of pace.    I personally think itís their best album opener in a LONG time.  Big fan of the song.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Love is all we have left
« Last post by lucas.homem on Today at 08:10:47 AM »
My favourite.
New Member Introductions / Re: Discovering U2 again
« Last post by DrDoom171 on Today at 07:39:08 AM »
Wow!  Welcome.  What a unique life story and perspective on U2 and their music.  What an odd yet awesome sensation it must have been to be listening to War and then to hear Achtung Baby and nothing in between.  I'm glad you were able to upgrade your satellite and can join this forum.  I'm curious to read some of your other posts on what you think about various songs, albums, etc.  I'll be seeing ya.
I wish I could change my vote. I had voted for Pop due to the presence of some really strong tracks, but Iíve been listening to Zooropa a bit lately and it has become one of my favorite albums of all time. Babyface and Lemon are the only relative duds on it (although I confess to not being a huge Stay fan, itís still a solid number), and the rest range from quite good to among the best U2 has ever delivered. The albumís side 2 may very well be the most consistently good one in the entire U2 catalogue, which is saying something when stacked up against The Joshua Tree. Itís just an awful lot of fun, even given the often heavy subject matter.
New Member Introductions / Discovering U2 again
« Last post by summerholly on Today at 06:31:02 AM »
Hi, my fist taste of U2 was when I was student in the early eighties with War, I loved New Years Day and the sound in general.  After that I was working and living in remote areas of Australia where the local radio stations were more likely to play Willie Nelson and my friends were into indie surf rock bands.  We had limited TV reception so I missed Live aid and also I missed the Joshua Tree and it wasn't till a friend sent me a tape of AB that I rediscovered U2 and I played that tape till it died and that was that.  I then missed all the following albums.  It wasn't until a few months ago when I fractured a leg mustering sheep and my best working dog had to have major surgery that I was stuck at home.  Fortunately my satellite internet had been upgraded from 1GB to 30GB per month and I got an ipod for my birthday.   I went crazy rediscovering umm 30 years of missed U2 music.  I found JT which I totally love and am also playing to death.  Songs of Innocence appeared on my ipod which was fine by me, I don't know what all the drama was about. 

So I have been working my way through the albums and videos.  Interesting to read perspectives about songs and albums on this site because it can be a bit overwhelming.  I am still a bit stuck on the early sounds of U2 but am warming to later albums especially being able to watch live versions.   

I also enjoyed on this site the Bono appreciation type threads.  They gave me a lot of laughs and some of the links to some very hot vids of the man which have been very therapeutic I must say.  All this time I didn't know he was that hot lol.  Being a bit of a guitar freak I have loved the sounds coming from the U2 lead guitarist and knew he had a funny name but knew nothing else about him or the rest of the band. So it has been a very entertaining journey and I am definitely just a little bit obsessed with their music and story at the moment!  What an amazing live band of my generation and I missed it all!
General U2 Discussion / Re: Where are my SOE CD's????
« Last post by miryclay on Today at 05:04:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well the super deluxe set arrived.  It came with a customs bill when it was delivered of +$30.  So I paid $130 USD = $175 CDN plus $30 customs.  It is available on Amazon.ca for $99 with free shipping.  Two weeks late.  Never going to preorder again.

Also got 2 CDs out of the 6 from ticket purchases, again 2 weeks late.

Did you order from amazon.ca or Amazon.com
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Do you like "Love is Bigger..."?
« Last post by miryclay on Today at 05:01:59 AM »
I saw the live performance of this from Abbey Road and I have to say that it is kinda has some cheap Christian rock sentiment. Although the title itself is brilliant.
News and Rumors / Re: Fanning & SOE
« Last post by miryclay on Today at 04:59:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can't find the soundclound link to this interview.

Scroll down on the link I posted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10