Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Band / Re: Bono's Best Vocal Moments
« Last post by laoghaire on Today at 03:07:04 PM »
I had to stifle tears the first few times I heard Little Things.

Also, I had an emotional moment yesterday listening to One Tree Hill. Was not at all expecting that.
News and Rumors / Re: Bono meets Pope Francis
« Last post by 73October on Today at 02:35:08 PM »
Good for Bono to challenge the Pope from Outside the Catholic church (in that he doesn't worship at Mass on regular Sundays).
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z U2 songs
« Last post by kevtn43 on Today at 02:33:29 PM »
Every breaking wave
News and Rumors / Re: Bono meets Pope Francis
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on Today at 02:32:22 PM »
     I think that the ethnic, old-school Catholics of the "greatest generation" were most likely to grant unquestioning loyalty to priests.  It's very hard for anyone who grew up in the 60's or later to grant unquestioning authority to anything, considering that Church, government, workplaces, marriages etc. have all let us down in myriad ways.  There may have been a residual effect of blind loyalty even amongst baby boomers raised in a hard-core tradition.  I don't know because that wasn't my background.  I do know that my whole family questions everything down to the smallest point of behavior.  Consequently, every single one of them has left the Church.  Their choice, of course, but I'm just not convinced that free thinking people doing a mass exodus is the best way to meet either their own spiritual needs or the Church's.  If all the free thinkers leave then is what remains worthy of the name catholic?  How will the Church change and grow if critical thinkers all leave?
Tours / Re: Is U2 phoning it in?
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on Today at 02:21:39 PM »
Confession:  A couple of times, I've been in the hard-core group seeking Bono's autograph before a show.  We number maybe sixty?  This is probably the group seeing multiple shows; the rest of that number are probably in GA fighting for a rail spot.
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on Today at 02:16:32 PM »
"Little Things" has brought me to tears on a couple of occasions.  And I'm not a super big crier--just something very heartfelt about that song.
« Last post by laoghaire on Today at 02:14:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
- Every Breaking Wave (live EMA, fantastic, one of their best performance all time)

Yeah, holy crap was this amazing.
« Last post by JFW on Today at 01:57:46 PM »
Not the best, but honorable mentions:

- your blue room (I really dig it, in a Leonard Cohen way)
- Every Breaking Wave (live EMA, fantastic, one of their best performance all time)
Tours / Re: Is U2 phoning it in?
« Last post by MadRob360 on Today at 11:43:04 AM »
IMO, They're not phoning it in at all. The guys are in their late 50's for christs sake. They are bound to not have the same energy as a 20-something who's just landed a first big record deal playing to the biggest crowds they've ever seen. These guys are well versed in what a big tour takes, and it's a LOT of energy. The narrative of the show is very specific, they're hardly gonna play 'Mofo' right after 'Summer of love' etc. They're at a different place in life. However they know they have a (pretty) loyal fanbase sans the guys and gals that want achtung baby to be re released every 4 years. Also, to get all the sounds required they have terry in the underworld and some pre recorded stuff for Edge to play off. It's part of a show, they don't hide that fact. Bono mentions Terry sometimes, Edge has shown how sounds work on stage videos etc. They interact with the crowd, others onstage would limit this. I Don't post a lot and never have because i've seen too many people thnking that their opinion is right and thats that, And i'm no keyboard warrior...i'd rather have a good conversation about the band
General U2 Discussion / Re: Overwriting
« Last post by robert on Today at 11:21:06 AM »
I think we all disagree and agree on certain elements! ahaha
But I think, today, I'll take back the comment of, "windows in the skies" is their best song of the 2000's.
But, I will add this,
It's not about being relevant, it's about not being boring.
and sometimes, not over thinking or writing is the way forward. Add an element of humour.
Humour to the poet is a big thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10