Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Were Bono and Bob not tight before Live Aid?

I have the entirely unimpressive anecdote of having WALKED BY the stadium while it was going on. I also have a t-shirt. I heard the music so I was sorta there? It wasn't U2 playing when I was walking by, though. I told you my story sucks.

Bono & Geldorf collaborated on Band Aid before Live Aid.

Not aware of Bono & Geldorf knowing each other before Band Aid. U2 were on the way up, The Boomtown Rats on the way down.

Fun and Games / Re: A-Z U2 songs
« Last post by kevtn43 on Today at 05:53:50 AM »
Kite
Tours / Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Last post by miryclay on April 20, 2018, 08:44:10 PM »
Any news from the arena?
Tours / Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Last post by redapple129 on April 20, 2018, 07:00:48 PM »
I can't wrap my head around BTBS not showing up yet. I understand them giving it a rest for 360 to have it come back stronger than ever for I+E, but it makes no sense for them to omit the song that is their consistent vehicle for political commentary now.

Also, are they sticking with the short 3 song encores that predominated I+E? U2Songs mentions a transition between American Soul and COBL, which suggests the latter isn't in the encore. Bold move to have 2 songs out of 3 in the encore be new...
General U2 Discussion / a couple of questions
« Last post by kevtn43 on April 20, 2018, 06:50:40 PM »
Im really not sure if this goes in this section but anyway lol
I was wondering does the band have the same dressing room or separate?
Does anyone know if Bono does vocal warm up before a show?
General U2 Discussion / The difference between fan favorites and popular songs?
« Last post by laoghaire on April 20, 2018, 06:20:02 PM »
I've noticed there are generally popular songs (WoWY, BD, Vertigo, CoBL, Pride, etc.) which are obviously well received by us fans too.

But there are big hits among us fans that casual fans (I mean people who know the above hits) don't know, hits that are unlikely to get radio play on stations that do play SBS.

Such songs include Ultraviolet, Stay, Drowning Man, Kite, etc.

What is it about those songs and/or us that make them so beloved to us and yet never heard or appreciated by casual fans?

NB: I would put Bad on the list of fan faves but it got a ton of radio play in the 80s and at least early 90s, on WBCN Boston. So at least in the Boston area, Bad was actually a song known to the general rock-fan populace.
General U2 Discussion / Are they surprised by which songs are popular?
« Last post by laoghaire on April 20, 2018, 06:05:46 PM »
I wonder, when they are recording an album, how accurate is their sense of which songs will be popular?

I feel like the songs they are pushing for SOE are the wrong ones - and I think other choices would be better received. Do they usually have a better sense for how the songs will land? Any known stories of surprises?
Tours / Re: Only 2 L.A. shows?
« Last post by laoghaire on April 20, 2018, 05:39:03 PM »
Is over pricing the main problem? Or over exposure plus lukewarm album reception? Overpricing can't be helping of course.
« Last post by U2Fan on April 20, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
It's clear Live Nation/U2 over-priced the tickets this time.
« Last post by 3po1nt0 on April 20, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »
they left a big enough gap between LA2 and chicago i thought they'd play a couple during weekend 5/18-20 but they ended up getting filled by a one-off nebraska show - also very undersold.  it's weird because joshua tree sold out the rose bowl 2 nights (weekend) and this is 1/3 the size. really surprised the core fan base who'd show up to mid-week shows isn't over 15k here in LA.  maybe average age of audience has caught up with everyone.  lots of factors at play.

having said that i have a pair for LA1 at under face value.  section 217 row 3.  asking $108 total for the pair via paypal or $104 cash. e-tickets/pdf and i am the original purchaser. i have these listed in the ticket section but figured i'd note here as well.  message me if interested. thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10