Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tours / Re: How many U2 shows have you seen?
« Last post by 3po1nt0 on April 20, 2018, 05:04:47 PM »
7 from 2009 - present

long story but i didn't go to achtung baby 1992 new jersey even though my mom bought tickets for my sister and i.  big missed opportunity, though i was only 14 at the time
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Ranking the SOE songs
« Last post by laoghaire on April 20, 2018, 05:03:00 PM »
This is ranked by how I truly personally receive the songs rather than a critical analysis. So if I think Blackout is technically a better song than Summer of Love, but I'm more excited when SoL comes up next, I rate SoL higher.

All time great songs!!!!
1 - Little Things
2 - Red Flag Day

Really great songs
3 - Love is Bigger
4 - Lights of Home
5 - Landlady
6 - Summer of Love
7 - Blackout

Almost great but flawed
8 - Get Out
9 - American Soul

Good
10 - Love is All
11 - You're the Best Thing
12 - Showman

Still working on it
13 - 13
I like Mötley Crüe  :D
Tours / Re: How many U2 shows have you seen?
« Last post by GoldenStateGirl on April 20, 2018, 03:41:29 PM »
EI will be 11
LOVE
Were Bono and Bob not tight before Live Aid?

I have the entirely unimpressive anecdote of having WALKED BY the stadium while it was going on. I also have a t-shirt. I heard the music so I was sorta there? It wasn't U2 playing when I was walking by, though. I told you my story sucks.
Remember watching the Band Aid single video with family in 1984. We all said.

George Michael - ohhh.

Simon Le Bon - ohhh.

Boy George - ohhh.

Errr who is that short man with dark hair ?

------------

Six months later & Live Aid starts. There are quite a few U2 flags. My sister comments 'there are all those U2 flags but they are never in the charts'.

My sister was a Spandau Ballet fan. Who gave a well received set. A few hours later Bono starts stealing the day & my sister complains 'that is the sort of thing they would do for publicity'.
It was lucky TUF was released before Band Aid & Live Aid.

Not sure Bono would have got a singing slot on Band Aid & U2 a slot at Live Aid on the strenght of their first 3 albums. Which had only produced one top ten hit, over 18 months earlier.

Band Aid & Live Aid was a collection of household name rock stars. Young or old they had lots of hits behind them .

The younger artists got regular centre fold spreads in 'Smash Hits',  'Number 1' & 'Top of the Pops' appearances. Which in those days were the main thing.

U2 didn't have any of that, however TUF gave them their biggest single hit to date - 'Pride', some more gravitas, an increase in fans & reminded Bob Geldorf a good Irish band existed.

A 2 year + album gap after War & U2 may have missed out on both Band Aid & Live Aid.

General U2 Discussion / Re: Bono play'n guitar again?
« Last post by kevtn43 on April 20, 2018, 01:17:53 PM »
Oh wow its more serious than i thought i surely hope he can i miss it especially on one
General U2 Discussion / Re: I Heard A U2 Song On The Radio Today
« Last post by kevtn43 on April 20, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »
Pride on the radio wnox classic hits knoxville tn
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z U2 songs
« Last post by kevtn43 on April 20, 2018, 01:14:55 PM »
J . Swallo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10