Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
The Music and Lyrics / Thoughts on the new vinyl remasters?
« Last post by jarsfan1977 on April 20, 2018, 12:59:58 PM »
I'm curious about these -- especially POP.  This may be the closest we get to a remastered album.  I'm curious from anyone who's bought it what your thoughts are.  Any notable differences/changes?  Worth getting?
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Artifacts in the music
« Last post by julez728 on April 20, 2018, 12:15:19 PM »
Early on during Beautiful Day you can hear Bono lick his lips...about 20 seconds or so into the song.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Covers of Songs of Experience
« Last post by Mr. Sarajevo 20 on April 20, 2018, 10:22:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tours / Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Last post by robu2music on April 20, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
The Little things that give you away, should be played. Solid song, would fit nice on the E-stage prior to an encore break.

Didnt Bono say “Stay far away so close” was his favorite song once. So jam-it full band on the e-stage.

Also a little less elevation and more Surrender, seconds, Twilight or Drowning Man. Pick one. Comfort is the enemy of progress.
« Last post by garyu2 on April 20, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »
The Blackout
American Soul
Desire
Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Lights of Home
Drowning Man
Red Flag Day
Raised By Wolves
Until The End of the World
Acrobat
Zoo Station (inside the screen like Invisible)
Discotheque / Love Is All We Have Left (in place Even Better...)
So Cruel (e-stage)
The Little Things That Give You Away (e-stage)
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Get Out Of Your Own Way
One

[Encore]
MLK / Where The Streets Have No Name
A Sort Of Homecoming
Every Breaking Wave
Bad
Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way

This would be my ideal set list. Heavy on Achtung Baby to be fair with less of the 80’s considering the last tour.

Really would like to get Landlady (rotate with Iris perhaps?) and Summer of Love in there but the set didn’t quite flow.
General Music Discussion / Re: the 5 songs rocking your world right now
« Last post by SwimmingSorrows on April 20, 2018, 08:40:18 AM »
The Smiths - This Charming Man
Arctic Monkeys - Black Treacle
Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way?
Kevin Kerby - The Devil is Real
The Smiths - How Soon is Now?
All the 'best U2 albums' lists I see, both on & off the forum, I've never once seen TUF at number 1. Often it's out of the top 5.

Never is it in independent lists of the top 100 albums of all time either, while TJT & AB are often high on the list. 

All surprising as it was the album that made U2 quite a bit bigger than before, got them more critical acclaim and a slot at Live Aid.

'The Unforgettable Fire' was also the album before TJT & of similar quality in my view. However TJT gets the plaudits & anniversary tours while TUF is totally forgotten outside of U2 fandom.
« Last post by Dono on April 20, 2018, 07:20:16 AM »
Found the set list you seem to be talking about on that U2 Songs link (thanks to An Tha for sending it to me). Interesting alright, but I still stand by there being some JT stuff in there on show night.
« Last post by Dono on April 20, 2018, 07:08:04 AM »
Maybe I’ve missed something here, but what set list are you all on about? Aren’t these rehearsals so they can practice and work out the style the songs will be played? They hardly need to rehearse anything from the JT since they spent almost all of 2017 playing all of it. Streets is too powerful to drop. Just imagine how red this new screen will make the Streets red. I’d say a few of the other tracks will pop up over the remainder of the rehearsals and then maybe we’ll have a better idea of set list/running order. No?

Too set in their ways to try to rearrange. Too right to be wrong......
Tours / Re: New Zealand and Australia left out again
« Last post by wons on April 20, 2018, 05:09:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If U2 does come Down Under at the end of 2018 or early 2019 it will be interesting to see whether the proposed E+I setlist remains as is, or whether there's a TJT section added in. They might have trouble selling out even arenas if word gets out that there's a complete absence of TJT songs in the set...

Yet, one of the few countries that the Joshua Tree album failed to go to #1 in was Australia.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10