Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Tours / Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Last post by Argo on April 19, 2018, 04:45:29 AM »
No signs of Acrobat and Wild Horses of late??? If we got those 2 songs, I couldn't care less if they played Stuck in a Moment 22 times. Nice to see Staring at the Sun getting a run and generally fine with the SOI songs they look like they will play (I like those ones anyway).
General U2 Discussion / Re: The claw finds a home
« Last post by Larry Mullen Seniors Son on April 18, 2018, 11:53:21 PM »
What ever happened to the Vertigo Jet?
General U2 Discussion / Re: Are we finally not craving a new U2 album?
« Last post by Manos73 on April 18, 2018, 11:17:00 PM »
There is a disconnect between the fan's sense of their music and the band's sense of their popularity. Of course there is more than one fan response. In general, however, the fans have been less interested in their latest records then the ones in their past. It's not clear the band agrees or even knows this. Or if they do agree, it's nothing they ever are honest about in communication with the fans.

Which leads to this distrust for many of us. We get the Bono PR machine on "this is the next Pop!" every time and then it's so far from that every time. Some basic human honestly is all I ask. 
General U2 Discussion / Re: I Heard A U2 Song On The Radio Today
« Last post by ricebird5678 on April 18, 2018, 10:43:30 PM »
Pride. radio
« Last post by miryclay on April 18, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »
So anyone know if Bono is going to Dallas tommorow?
« Last post by MPare1966 on April 18, 2018, 07:09:05 PM »
The latest from Laval, PQ. Thanks to U2Songs

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
General U2 Discussion / Re: Do College Kids Know 80s music featuring U2
« Last post by miryclay on April 18, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
The 80s is now what the 50s was in the eighties.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: My remix of Love Is All We Have Left
« Last post by MEMORY_MAN on April 18, 2018, 06:01:13 PM »
Nice work.  I enjoyed it.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Covers of Songs of Experience
« Last post by SwimmingSorrows on April 18, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »
A few covers of some of the "Songs of Experience" have appeared on Youtube. Some of them show a different take on the songs. What do you think of them?

This is really interesting.  I'd stopped listening to Get Out of Your Own Way, but this reminded me how much I like the flow of the verses.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Do College Kids Know 80s music featuring U2
« Last post by summerholly on April 18, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »
I can't bring myself to watch the video. I'm afraid of the amount of cringe that will be present.

I had an experience in my college class where I learned that several fellow classmates had no idea what Rock 'N Roll was... I still have a bit of PTSD from that situation. So anything involving college kids and music of the past brings about a bit of fear for the state of my peers. I don't know how people my age can be so clueless... Did none of their parents listen to rock music?

Wow, not knowing what rock music is. Now that is a shocking cultural shift.

I still don't understand why kids of today have to like or know rock music?   Every generation creates new sound and music, remember all that electronic pop stuff in the eighties, I try and forget that along with the fashion lol.  There is ongoing cultural shift.  Swing, dance hall, big band gave way to early rock n roll in the mid fifties, I am sure that was considered a shocking cultural shift at the time moving into the sixties lol.

First off, I'd just like to say that 80s music, movies and fashion, every style and genre is superior to anything that came before or after.

Haha I enjoyed it when I was living it but I look back at my permed big hair and shoulder pads and I still have a good laugh.
Not me! I still love 80s fashion! Though I was a teenager in the 70s so thatís the era I should identify with but, letís face it, the 70s were the worse fashions in the history of humanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have 80s items in my wardrobe, not that I ever wear them! I was probably a lot skinnier back then lol.  I was also a teen in the 70's and vaguely remember smocks, halternecks, cheesecloth and flares and outrageous platform shoes lol and lion cut hairstyles.  What were we thinking. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]