Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Smile
« Last post by Bundang Dave on Today at 08:17:22 PM »
I first came across Smile on the Medium, Rare & Remastered release.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There are some other good ones on there. My favourites are Xanax & Wine, and Flower Child.
The Band / Re: MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Last post by JTNash on Today at 07:39:48 PM »
Loved the first of the UK speeches at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login! (And thank you to the guy in the crowd who shouted "We love you MacPhisto!!" at the start, as captured on one of the Mixlrs!) My heart is positively exploding with happiness at hearing him say "I'm back! MacPhisto... is back!", and once again confirming that he never really went away. :) I laughed at "Manky people", which will unfortunately come into my head whenever I think of Mancs from now on. ;D Liked him calling us "my little Disunited Kingdom" (the only reference to Brexit thus far), and deliberately making the audience jump (such a rascal, hahaha). Nice to hear the return of "people spying on themselves" and "polonium up the bum" for the first time this leg - I did wonder if the Salisbury poisonings would get a mention in the UK. Hearing him do a Russian accent is new! Took me a little while to pick up on the "Novichok at Wimbledon" joke. :P
love the update!
« Last post by miryclay on Today at 05:38:28 PM »
Loved the first of the UK speeches at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login! (And thank you to the guy in the crowd who shouted "We love you MacPhisto!!" at the start, as captured on one of the Mixlrs!) My heart is positively exploding with happiness at hearing him say "I'm back! MacPhisto... is back!", and once again confirming that he never really went away. :) I laughed at "Manky people", which will unfortunately come into my head whenever I think of Mancs from now on. ;D Liked him calling us "my little Disunited Kingdom" (the only reference to Brexit thus far), and deliberately making the audience jump (such a rascal, hahaha). Nice to hear the return of "people spying on themselves" and "polonium up the bum" for the first time this leg - I did wonder if the Salisbury poisonings would get a mention in the UK. Hearing him do a Russian accent is new! Took me a little while to pick up on the "Novichok at Wimbledon" joke. :P

Not sure if I get the Wimbledon tennis reference. Canadanne is doing great documentation of MacPhisto which I'm sure U2 and MacPhisto often check. But I'm sure MacPhisto wouldn't like to be fact checked like Mr. Orange.
Tours / Re: Manchester 19th & 20th
« Last post by miryclay on Today at 05:15:12 PM »
I saw a Twitter clip of people in Manchester singing on the train or tram. What a great place to live.
Tours / Re: Manchester 19th & 20th
« Last post by laoghaire on Today at 03:43:05 PM »
Just finished listening to the encore of Manchester 2. Hope everybody had an amazing time. You're all making your way out of the venue right now. Hopefully still singing, like we were in Boston.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Is the sound of concerts too loud?
« Last post by Gavin82 on Today at 02:33:00 PM »
Last night was ok my esrs were not ringing like when i seen ACDC @ Wembley in 2015
General U2 Discussion / Re: Is the sound of concerts too loud?
« Last post by Mark_Qiu on Today at 02:32:52 PM »
What is your evidence that there is nothing wrong? If it's just your experience, how does your experience trump others'?

Sound varies widely by location in the arena, not to mention by performance (otherwise they wouldn't need to do sound checks every time).

It sounded ok to me in my seat on my date but I'm not going to dismiss a thread full of people who obviously didn't share my experience.
People who are younger are less likely to notice the impact of high sound levels. As you get older, those symptoms become more pronounced. The U2 fan base, in the United States at least, is in the 40 to 55 age group mostly. Its not that U2 and Joe lost their ability somehow, its that your not 22 anymore and should have been wearing ear plugs at concerts since you were 22.

Man, this you explained it to perfection!That's why!

Either the band members, the audio crew, or the majority of the audience, are in the age of 40, 50 or even nearly 60. So the live sound effect is targeted to people in their 40s, 50s or even 60s. Therefore the high frequency of the live concerts is set up to more than normal, to adjust and compensate the loss of sensitivity to high frequency of the most audience. Only few of the audience are the age of 20s. And therefore the younger audience there feel the high frequency too sharp, too loud, and too much.

And that perfectly answered my question... thanks, buddy.
General U2 Discussion / Re: How should U2 end it all?
« Last post by Gavin82 on Today at 02:28:50 PM »
Im sure they will do 1 more big Croke Park show its massive on my too do list...!!!!
« Last post by Canadanne on Today at 01:43:48 PM »
Tours / Re: U2 Manchester - Band Arriving At Venue / Soundcheck Time
« Last post by kango on Today at 01:03:29 PM »
They were late in Manchester yesterday, arriving at the venue after 5pm!  Rumours were swirling that they only landed at the airport at 3.30pm following a late-take off from I'm not sure where.  Really hard to see who was in which car, as they had all the windows wound up and the windows were very dark.
No meet and greets. 
Sadly, I won't be in Manchester today, but as they have stayed overnight, they should be at the back of the arena on Victoria Street earlier than yesterday.

Wow that was late. We lined up at 3 and about half past, barriers were brought out and we were told they could be any minute. We gave up at 4 as had to join the GA queue. They were flying from London and we were told (by their man running the ops) that they wouldn't be able to hang in that area because it's right on the road and a security risk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10