Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, I don’t get it either.  I’ve been going to rock concerts and talking to people about music since High School and this is the first and only time I’ve ever heard this concept that sitting at a rock concert is disrespectful.  They are musicians playing rock music, not fallen soldiers.   So that’s fine if you feel that way but don’t expect everybody else to.  Most people do not take it that seriously.  If they wanted to stand up all night they would have bought the floor.

One might say that paying $300+ a ticket is a sign of respect enough...
General U2 Discussion / Re: What is next for U2 after E & I tour?
« Last post by 64ac30 on Today at 01:18:25 PM »
Chaka Khan's just brought a new song out, and it's very 'hip'.  A modern sounding Grace Jones 'Pull Up To The Bumper' but how you'd expect to hear it now. 
Chaka Khan's older than U2 and she'll have a new audience.

Never heard of her
Tours / Re: Lip-syncing!?
« Last post by Johnny Feathers on Today at 01:12:05 PM »
For everyone defending LIAWHL as being an "intro" and "not a performed song", my question is....WHY?

There's nothing about the song that would seem to necessitate a pre-recorded vocal.  Even if you need the pitch-shifted backing vocals, those can easily be part of the backing track while Bono sings the main part.  A click track in his earpiece to keep him in time, and a headset mic so he can move his hands freely are all that are needed.  I'm not incensed or anything, but I really don't get the reasoning behind it.  I'm someone who thinks, if a part CAN be played or sung live, then do it.  So it's weird to me that there's an entire song that doesn't feature any live audio, but Bono's standing there AS IF HE WOULD BE SINGING.

I also think the "intermission" track is dumb, mostly because I got excited both times to hear a beloved/rare track, only to realize it's just a pre-recording.  There may be a technical reason why it's needed, but I kind of wish they would figure out a way around it.
« Last post by 73October on Today at 01:10:19 PM »
The better question is: do we really want 60 year olds making “hip” music to fit in?

I sure do like the music the 58 year olds are playing, so why not?

This
« Last post by laoghaire on Today at 01:01:19 PM »
The better question is: do we really want 60 year olds making “hip” music to fit in?

I sure do like the music the 58 year olds are playing, so why not?
« Last post by 73October on Today at 12:48:54 PM »
Chaka Khan's just brought a new song out, and it's very 'hip'.  A modern sounding Grace Jones 'Pull Up To The Bumper' but how you'd expect to hear it now. 
Chaka Khan's older than U2 and she'll have a new audience.
News and Rumors / Re: U2 makes top 10 on charts
« Last post by Johnny Feathers on Today at 12:48:48 PM »

Also, was the Junk Day remix of Dirty Day new for the Best of 1990-2000 album? That remix is a beast. Put that sucker on repeat!

Pretty sure it was first released as a b-side to the Please single.

I used to enjoy some of the remixes they put out through the 90's, but haven't really heard much since ATYCLB and the deluxe sets that really caught my attention.  For my money, the New Years Day remix from around the year 2000, featured on the War deluxe set, might be their best remix, period--and it was completely buried, as opposed to the more prominent remixes for Mysterious Ways, EBTTRT, etc.

I'm curious about these new ones, but that one featuring Kygo is terrible. 
Sometimes the day before if there is time to have the stage set up.  Otherwise around 3pm + time.  In an arena, it will be harder to hear what is being played.  I didn't hear the soundcheck for I&E.

For 360 - they were soundchecking around 4pm (Your Blue Room - alas, not on the setlist that night!) and for Joshua Tree 2017, they soundchecked the night before as they had a lead-in to the date, having had a break. I only heard the support act (Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds) soundchecking on the afternoon of the show.
General U2 Discussion / Re: When does U2 generally do their soundchecks?
« Last post by 64ac30 on Today at 12:44:46 PM »
Yes
« Last post by 64ac30 on Today at 12:43:34 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10