Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General U2 Discussion / Re: What Could Have Been....I&E
« Last post by dwaltman on January 21, 2019, 07:30:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As groundbreaking as some would believe this idea to be, I'm glad that the band never seriously followed through on it...  they would've been heavily criticized and accused of doing it for a cash grab, or double dippin'...  the jury is still out on whether relying so heavily on the newer material (especially for the 'e+i tour') was the right call or not...  there's also the fact that the band struggles at times to even get one show right and expecting them to deliver two completely different shows back to back flawlessly for a tour is just unworkable in practice...  there's also the fact that 'Innocence' is nowhere near the concise record that 'Experience' was...  personally, I would've just bought tickets for the 'Experience' show...  they weren't even playing ONE song from the 'Innocence' album by the time the 'e+i tour' was in its last leg, which speaks volumes on the quality of the songs...:-)

I agree that to have all this worked out before the Innocence tour would have been next to impossible for U2. I'm not so sure it would have been viewed as a cash grab, maybe though.  I also agree that the experience storyline was a better arc than the innocence show.  However, I think one reason there were no Innocence songs at the end of the last leg was the idea to release this 2 CD set and video record of the Experience tour. 

If I&E would have been released as a double-record release, I think you could have marketed a 2 night show.  It could have also been viewed as Innocence + JT; Experience + AB.    Fans would eat up 2 nights with 2 entirely different setlists.  Not many bands could pull that off with so many good songs.
General Music Discussion / Re: Kiss the end of the road tour
« Last post by miryclay on January 21, 2019, 05:03:59 PM »
I'm not really a fan of Kiss but it should be spectacular.
Fun and Games / Re: Whats the Weather like in the World...
« Last post by Luzita on January 21, 2019, 10:12:25 AM »
Clear and cold for Florida. 54 degrees F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Why Are Exit and MOTD So Quiet on iTunes?
« Last post by ricebird5678 on January 21, 2019, 10:11:51 AM »
I am in agreement on both. Was taking a Sunday stroll yesterday and MOTD came on and I had to crank it up to make it sound like a normal volume.
I think they are two roads, not one

Stingray - Lucifer

Glastonbury - Volcano - American Soul

I think Stingray was the best one, mostly finished and dared to open the show a few times with it. Seeing it live would have been weird, but interesting. Just imagine.
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on January 20, 2019, 05:51:37 PM »
-1 degree Fahrenheit.....brrrr
General Music Discussion / Kiss the end of the road tour
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 20, 2019, 04:22:43 PM »
They are fixing to end the band on this tour is anyone going im seriously thinking about it but i want to see the set list and stage ,paul stanley said that they will play 25 to 26 songs plus a  new stage
General Music Discussion / Stryper new album
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 20, 2019, 04:20:25 PM »
It's called God Dam Evil i have been a fan of theirs since 87 to hell with the devil but for some reason I just can't get past the title of the new one. Has anyone heard a song or has this album and is it any good?
Hello,

so all of these songs share the same groove but what is the best song out of them ? My vote goes to Glastonbury- they missed a trick there, why they didn't debut it at Glastonbury I'll never know...and the xiren cover's not too shabby either...

thoughts ?
« Last post by summerholly on January 20, 2019, 08:26:27 AM »
Hot hot and boiling hot! ugh! 45C or 113F
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10