Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was a short set; I bet they dropped Wild Horse and Acrobat because they practiced those a good amount so far, and Bono's in Dallas today. So I think they dropped a few songs just to keep the session a bit tighter so he could hit the sack and be in good shape for his trip. Little Things, same thing, they probably have that song nailed already.

thanks for clarity and hope
General U2 Discussion / Re: Are we finally not craving a new U2 album?
« Last post by laoghaire on Today at 07:43:02 AM »
They are polarizing indeed, but it's not recent, so it's about something else.
Where is Red Flag Day?!
should be a single!!!!!
really wonder how they pick their singles...
but live it would really rock!!!!!!!

+1

Along with Little Things, it's their strongest cut on the album, and would have broader appeal.

I would think they'd be pushing Summer of Love and RFD for singles.
« Last post by Manos73 on Today at 07:36:04 AM »
Not saying any of that. Most bands, by their age, have a more realistic outlook. All we get is bluster. It's one reason they're so polarizing in ways other bands are able to avoid.
Where is Red Flag Day?!
should be a single!!!!!
really wonder how they pick their singles...
but live it would really rock!!!!!!!
No love for the Reggae version of 2015?

I do
It was a short set; I bet they dropped Wild Horse and Acrobat because they practiced those a good amount so far, and Bono's in Dallas today. So I think they dropped a few songs just to keep the session a bit tighter so he could hit the sack and be in good shape for his trip. Little Things, same thing, they probably have that song nailed already.
« Last post by laoghaire on Today at 06:04:46 AM »
I mean, what qualifies as honesty to you? They think the album is great - and it is. You want them to say it sucks? And that somehow will raise them a bit in your esteem?

In addition to the album being great, though admittedly a tough nut to crack, how do you think they can create music if they think it sucks? How can they put themselves out there, on recordings, at appearances, and on stage, if they don't believe in what they've created?

If the opinion of some fans who think they ought to be ashamed of their work was enough to make them stand down, we would have never even heard of them.

And what would that accomplish?

Don't like the album? Fine. But to demand that they "admit" a shame toward it that they don't feel? What?
I think there will be a lot of disappointed fans if they do a rehash of I&E. The segment of 6 songs from Iris to ITEOTW is identical to the 2015 tour. Surely they are not going to do that, will it be the same graphics? I hope not.

Also where the heck is Little Things? One of, if not the best song on the album.

I thought Wild Horses and Acrobat were going to be part of the fixed set?

Still time,  I'm sure it will change to what is played on night 1.

It's also just not that segment o 6 songs from Iris to UTEOTW.  They are also 6 more songs (IWF, BD, Elevation, Pride, COBL, and One) that they are rehashing to make a total of 12 songs from 2015.  That kind of sucks for people who have already seen I&E and even multiple times.

Also, I don't think Wild Horses and Acrobat are fixed in the set, unless you are in a city with one show, and still who knows?
I can see a lot of disappointed and angry fans, especially the ones going to one show,  if all they get to walk away with is a rehash of 2015.
 I think there will be a lot of disappointed fans if they do a rehash of I&E. The segment of 6 songs from Iris to ITEOTW is identical to the 2015 tour. Surely they are not going to do that, will it be the same graphics? I hope not.

Also where the heck is Little Things? One of, if not the best song on the album.

I thought Wild Horses and Acrobat were going to be part of the fixed set?

Still time,  I'm sure it will change to what is played on night 1.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10