Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Really disappointing in last nights rehearsals, if that is what they are going with in multiple night in the same city.  The best they can do is rehash 2015 set, like most of us havn't seen it? 

They drop Acrobat and Wild Horses for SBS and RBW and also include Iris which is a rehash of I&E.  At least they could come up with other songs not played before on I&E to rotate with Acrobat and Horses.  What about Seconds, Surrender, Drowning Man, Hawkmoon, God Part 2.  They are just taking the lazy way out.

Also this set is even shorter from the first full rundown.  The set with Acrobat and Horses was 24 songs (not including the pre-recorded songs) and this one was 21 songs.  That's U2, always looking to make the show shorter instead of longer.

I really hope those who are only going for one show choose the right night if they are looking to hear Acrobat and Wild Horses.  If not, you just might get basically a rehash of 2015 I&E.
Tours / Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Last post by Argo on Today at 04:45:29 AM »
No signs of Acrobat and Wild Horses of late??? If we got those 2 songs, I couldn't care less if they played Stuck in a Moment 22 times. Nice to see Staring at the Sun getting a run and generally fine with the SOI songs they look like they will play (I like those ones anyway).
General U2 Discussion / Re: The claw finds a home
« Last post by Larry Mullen Seniors Son on April 18, 2018, 11:53:21 PM »
What ever happened to the Vertigo Jet?
General U2 Discussion / Re: Are we finally not craving a new U2 album?
« Last post by Manos73 on April 18, 2018, 11:17:00 PM »
There is a disconnect between the fan's sense of their music and the band's sense of their popularity. Of course there is more than one fan response. In general, however, the fans have been less interested in their latest records then the ones in their past. It's not clear the band agrees or even knows this. Or if they do agree, it's nothing they ever are honest about in communication with the fans.

Which leads to this distrust for many of us. We get the Bono PR machine on "this is the next Pop!" every time and then it's so far from that every time. Some basic human honestly is all I ask. 
General U2 Discussion / Re: I Heard A U2 Song On The Radio Today
« Last post by ricebird5678 on April 18, 2018, 10:43:30 PM »
Pride. radio
« Last post by miryclay on April 18, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »
So anyone know if Bono is going to Dallas tommorow?
« Last post by MPare1966 on April 18, 2018, 07:09:05 PM »
The latest from Laval, PQ. Thanks to U2Songs

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
General U2 Discussion / Re: Do College Kids Know 80s music featuring U2
« Last post by miryclay on April 18, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
The 80s is now what the 50s was in the eighties.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: My remix of Love Is All We Have Left
« Last post by MEMORY_MAN on April 18, 2018, 06:01:13 PM »
Nice work.  I enjoyed it.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Covers of Songs of Experience
« Last post by SwimmingSorrows on April 18, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »
A few covers of some of the "Songs of Experience" have appeared on Youtube. Some of them show a different take on the songs. What do you think of them?

This is really interesting.  I'd stopped listening to Get Out of Your Own Way, but this reminded me how much I like the flow of the verses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10