Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
The Music and Lyrics / Re: My remix of Love Is All We Have Left
« Last post by JFW on April 17, 2018, 02:30:15 PM »
Nice
The Music and Lyrics / My remix of Love Is All We Have Left
« Last post by Jarber on April 17, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »
I think Love Is All We Have Left is one of the best songs on the new album. But, for some reason I can`t explain I`ve felt that the there "was more to the song". Two weeks ago, while drinking tea at the kitchen table, I thought "maybe I can try to remix the song the way I hear it inside my head?". Long story short: I took a shot at it while drinking my tea at the kitchen.

You can listen to the remix here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I almost called the remix Tea Is All We Have Left  ;)
General U2 Discussion / Re: Do College Kids Know 80s music featuring U2
« Last post by NintendoFan204 on April 17, 2018, 02:20:56 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Rock music has been popular since the 1950s and was still very popular in many ways in the year 2000. Its only since that time that its started to lose its popularity. So to have a genre that has been so popular and dominant for over half a century not be known by someone is a shock. Its like someone all of sudden flipped a switch.

Exactly. That's why I was completely astounded.
« Last post by wons on April 17, 2018, 12:47:05 PM »
I can't bring myself to watch the video. I'm afraid of the amount of cringe that will be present.

I had an experience in my college class where I learned that several fellow classmates had no idea what Rock 'N Roll was... I still have a bit of PTSD from that situation. So anything involving college kids and music of the past brings about a bit of fear for the state of my peers. I don't know how people my age can be so clueless... Did none of their parents listen to rock music?

Wow, not knowing what rock music is. Now that is a shocking cultural shift.

I still don't understand why kids of today have to like or know rock music?   Every generation creates new sound and music, remember all that electronic pop stuff in the eighties, I try and forget that along with the fashion lol.  There is ongoing cultural shift.  Swing, dance hall, big band gave way to early rock n roll in the mid fifties, I am sure that was considered a shocking cultural shift at the time moving into the sixties lol.

First off, I'd just like to say that 80s music, movies and fashion, every style and genre is superior to anything that came before or after.

Now on to rock music. What I consider rock music started in the late 1950s/early 1960s. The Beatles were probably the perfect example of rock music and a rock band. But not only that, they set a lot of business and commercial standards for success for the entire music business regardless of genre. Rock music has been popular since the 1950s and was still very popular in many ways in the year 2000. Its only since that time that its started to lose its popularity. So to have a genre that has been so popular and dominant for over half a century not be known by someone is a shock. Its like someone all of sudden flipped a switch.
News and Rumors / Re: Brand New Beck Remix of ‘Lights of Home’
« Last post by Mercurial on April 17, 2018, 10:56:21 AM »
Thanks! I was looking for this - I like it.
Tours / Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Last post by Billy Rhythm on April 17, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »
'Sunday Bloody Sunday' was a rippin' intro to last year's tour...  they should just leave it at that...  it made up for the debacle performance of this classic on the 'Innocence' tour...  atleast they were smart enough to close the book on 'The Joshua Tree' and leave it on a high note...  the only time that they should resurrect any of this 80's material, in my opinion, is for the St. Louis shows where the fans truly missed out on the definitive "retro" U2 experience when their 2017 performance got cancelled...:-)
General Music Discussion / Ticketmaster Resale
« Last post by AchtungPop on April 17, 2018, 08:46:30 AM »
Not sure this is the right forum. So I was wondering if anyone has ever sold concert tickets through Ticketmaster resale?

I bought an extra pair for Elton John just now for March (I have others for November). I may not want to attend both, with the plan to sell the March ones if I don't. Although right now it says I can't sell them. It does say I can sell my November ones, but I'd rather go to that one.

However, I believe it also said that I couldn't sell my U2 tickets after I bought them (I'm not going to, I was just checking out of curiosity), but now I do have the option to sell those. So does anyone know if there is just a delay until the regular tickets are sold out before you can sell your own? I guess there is always stubhub if I can't.
Tours / Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Last post by miryclay on April 17, 2018, 08:44:58 AM »
Does anyone else absolutely hate Sunday Bloody Sunday? I mean I didn’t ever really love the song, but the longer it goes on and the more it’s played....it sounds worse and worse to me.

Same with Pride...I’m so over those songs, and it sounds like they are starting to bottle out of the ‘rarities’.......

Especially since it was a focal point on JT30.
Tours / Re: How many U2 shows have you seen?
« Last post by U2Fan on April 17, 2018, 07:41:03 AM »
36!  4 more planned for this year.
« Last post by NintendoFan204 on April 17, 2018, 07:40:55 AM »
I can't bring myself to watch the video. I'm afraid of the amount of cringe that will be present.

I had an experience in my college class where I learned that several fellow classmates had no idea what Rock 'N Roll was... I still have a bit of PTSD from that situation. So anything involving college kids and music of the past brings about a bit of fear for the state of my peers. I don't know how people my age can be so clueless... Did none of their parents listen to rock music?

Wow, not knowing what rock music is. Now that is a shocking cultural shift.

I still don't understand why kids of today have to like or know rock music?   Every generation creates new sound and music, remember all that electronic pop stuff in the eighties, I try and forget that along with the fashion lol.  There is ongoing cultural shift.  Swing, dance hall, big band gave way to early rock n roll in the mid fifties, I am sure that was considered a shocking cultural shift at the time moving into the sixties lol.
They don't have to like it. Believe me, I'm not some pretentious "all pop is trash" music guy. I listen to pop music along with rock and I don't mind if someone doesn't like a particular genre. I just think it's ridiculous to not know what rock is. It's not like it was some two-year fad that disappeared quickly and is largely forgotten about. It is an important part of American culture and not knowing what it is is simply ignorance. I mean, have they never heard of Elvis? Music changes, but how can they know nothing about the past?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]