Fun and Games / Re: A-Z tv shows
« Last post by julez728 on December 13, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »
Highway to Heaven
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z Band names
« Last post by julez728 on December 13, 2018, 01:46:56 PM »
Oleander
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Calling GLORIA lovers RIGHT NOW
« Last post by Vox on December 13, 2018, 01:27:18 PM »
Best part for me, hands down, is right after Adam's funky little bass solo (U2 bass solo?!?!?) and the band kicks it through to the end.  It has, what you might call, to put it mildly, "uplift."
« Last post by BONO31 on December 13, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »
Everything is GREAT about GLORIA
- the oooooh at the beginning
- 2, 3, 4
- the edge main riff
- how Bono shouts
- In te domine
- Oh, Lord, if I had anything, anything at all, I’d give it to you
- the helicopter effect of Edge’s guitar
- the sliding guitar solo
- the bass solo
- the chorus of voices at the end of the song

To me, GLORIA is the quintessential U2 song!
News and Rumors / Re: More shows next year ?
« Last post by Gavin82 on December 13, 2018, 12:49:33 PM »
Where has this new rumour come from??
News and Rumors / Re: Looooong Bono interview, Chicago, 6th Dec
« Last post by Luzita on December 13, 2018, 12:48:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
He's a genius and I don't say that lightly.

There are some seriously deep philosophical and ethical concepts that he is referring to in there. It's easy to blow off because he sums them up in little slogans or whatever but you know he's done the work unpacking these ideas and isn't just parroting one liners.

I know most of the concepts he has said before, but that doesn't bring down the astuteness.

Might watch again and take notes. But one example, and I know he's been saying it for years, is the charity vs justice concept which sounds like not a big deal but it is. I had been reading through Malcolm Gladwell's books and partway through the first one I was thinking, man, Bono should read this. Then had similar thoughts at various points in other books, and finally heard Edge somewhere saying that they had in fact been reading him. Anyway there's a whole book dedicated to the importance of justice, and I know that it was merely one leeettle itty bitty piece of the philosophy he's been sewing together. And he reads a lot thicker stuff than Gladwell to be sure.
I agree. He is a genius— in more than one sense.

There’s “genius” in the sense of having Mensa levels of intelligence. I think all four guys probably qualify in that regard. Then there’s “genius” in the sense of making remarkable contributions that leave a lasting mark on a field of endeavor. Edge is a genius in that sense when it comes to music. Bono is a genius in that sense across multiple fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by JFW on December 13, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »
The difference in the second riff of the second verse
News and Rumors / Re: More shows next year ?
« Last post by wons on December 13, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Asia is really growing as a concert market for international artists.  As an example I’ll use Coldplay on their last tour.  They played stadiums or stadium sized venues in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, India and UAE.  Hong Kong has the AsiaWorld Arena, which is a popular spot for tours as well.  Artists who played the Tibetan freedom concert (as U2 did in 97) have been banned from playing in China, so we’ll see how that goes.  However, I’ve done the research, and I can’t come up with any major tour that has visited Vietnam in recent years.  So who knows...

Australia will probably be mostly stadiums if not entirely, and some of these Asian countries may get arenas.  Hope everybody who wants to see U2 in those parts of the world get a show!!

South Korea would be getting a U2 show long before the Communist dictatorship of Vietnam would. U2 does not tour third world dictatorships.
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z Band names
« Last post by kevtn43 on December 13, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
Nelson
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]