Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
E+I Tour Venue/City Information / Re: Travel Advice - 1st Visit to Dublin/Ireland
« Last post by frannodub on September 17, 2018, 10:53:56 AM »
As beautiful as the South and the West of the country are, you wouldn't be doing them justice if you only had a single day to spend there including your travel time.  You could certainly make it to Belfast and back on the train.  Otherwise as other posters have said you could explore Howth, Killiney, Malahide, etc in Dublin.  Glendalough in Wicklow is worth the trip and Slane is also reachable if you fancy a day trip  out of town.

Enjoy Dublin and the concert!
The Music and Lyrics / Re: SOE revisited
« Last post by laoghaire on September 17, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »
I've been giving it a break since about July, but I did listen once in August and was really pleased with how it was holding up for me. I've listened to some songs here and there, it's just full or extensive album play I've not done as much lately (after having played it daily for several months). But it's a great album, and while there might be a couple of skips if I'm short on time, I still like the whole thing front to back, unlike ATYCLB or HTDAAB. (Feel the same about SOI).
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Landlady
« Last post by laoghaire on September 17, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »
Love TLC but can't think of anything of theirs that fits.

Probably it's The Police's Every Breath You Take that you're thinking of.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: SOE revisited
« Last post by Vox on September 17, 2018, 10:18:48 AM »
I listened to most of it a couple nights ago, for the first time in a while.  I think it's still standing up very well.  There are things I like about every song. 
General U2 Discussion / Re: Overwriting
« Last post by McSwilly on September 17, 2018, 09:54:35 AM »
Over writing, over producing, over thinking.
The Band / Re: Whats going on with Bono?
« Last post by JTNash on September 17, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Im sure he talks more than is recommended most of the time

Snort

Is this a typical Irish trait - he would be great company?!

Dunno about it being an Irish trait but I sure do know it's a Bono trait.
its also a JTNash trait lol
And a typical 73October trait.....I'd need at least a days conference with Bono, not a 1 minute chance meeting outside of an arena/hotel....!!
Quoting myself.....that was a very short reply.  I'm dumbfounded!!!!
you know that if you were stuck in an elevator question, if Bono and I were stuck in an elevator it wouldnt ever be quiet, Id feel bad for the other stuck with us
The Music and Lyrics / Landlady
« Last post by suitoflights on September 17, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
This has been bugging me for ages now. But the refrain at the end of Landlady - the 'every' bit that keeps repeating -
Where have I heard this before? It's definitely from another song, I don't know if it was deliberate plagiarism.
It sounds like a 90s US black girl band, like TLC or Destiny's child.
The Music and Lyrics / SOE revisited
« Last post by suitoflights on September 17, 2018, 09:34:10 AM »
So it's almost a year old. I hadn't listened to it in a while so gave it a spin today. I always liked it but it sounded much better! Until now I preferred SOI, I just thought the songs were stronger. But SOE sounded fresher, and the production is amazing.
General Music Discussion / Re: Bands you'd like to introduce to everyone
« Last post by suitoflights on September 17, 2018, 09:30:19 AM »
Sleigh bells
General U2 Discussion / Re: Overwriting
« Last post by davis on September 17, 2018, 09:22:41 AM »
Interesting thoughts.  I can't go with you on Window in the Skies though.  That may be my least favorite U2 song of all time.  To me, a lot of No Line was interesting, even if it didn't cohere into a compelling album. 

Couldn't it be argued that Songs of Experience is kind of stripped down? 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]