Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z U2 songs
« Last post by kevtn43 on February 24, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »
Skip x
Yahweh
General U2 Discussion / Re: Songs Of Experience sales in the United States
« Last post by McSwilly on February 24, 2018, 04:14:37 PM »
If you subtract copies "sold" as part of ticket purchases, it is a total flop.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Love is all we have left
« Last post by ian ryan on February 24, 2018, 03:43:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i have to say,,,,this has to be probably the most downbeat...if not most depressing opener...to a u2 album ever. this is a b-side at best or an obscure album track....i guess they wanted to go against type,,,,but meh i want to feel on a high like i did with discotheque, bd, vertigo,,,even NLOTH....

Really? To me it sounds very hopeful. Anxious, but hopeful. Nothing to stop this from being the best day ever. Nothing to keep us from where we should be.

Me too. It's like its written from the perspective on someone who's teetering on the brink of death and has an epiphany and hears a voice telling him not to close his eyes and stay in the land of the living. "A baby cries on a doorstep" is a good metaphor I think; there's something or someone at home who needs your love, so you can't leave home now. Love is all we have left and you need to pull through for their sake.

Good call on the "baby cries on a doorstep" rebirth/parenting aspect. Reminds me of how much the lyrics of NLOTH and SOE tie together.
News and Rumors / Re: Four Vinyl Reissues?
« Last post by ian ryan on February 24, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »
I'm all for it. My only wish is that they would release more high-quality versions like they've been doing recently with their new releases, rather than cramming the entire album on a single disc.
General U2 Discussion / U2 subscription renewal reminder
« Last post by Northernlass on February 24, 2018, 03:36:39 PM »
Hi there,

I've been a subscriber and fan for years and have always received a reminder email in December to let me know that renewals were now open. But I've not received a reminder this year for the first time.... Has everyone else received the reminder?
I've asked the customer service team for help but they are being incredibly unhelpful and refusing to answer the question as to whether the emails were sent and why I havent received one. This is the first year I've not received a reminder and it just seems really strange.... But it now means I've lost my unbroken membership and hence my place in the first presale group....and my membership only expired 8 days ago but I'm being told theres nothing they can do. I just wondered if anyone else was in the same situation, or whether it's just me?

Thanks
Anna
General U2 Discussion / Re: U2's social media page goes "Pop"
« Last post by ian ryan on February 24, 2018, 03:34:23 PM »
I was at opening night in Las Vegas, and even with a few missteps, I thought it was the greatest rock show I'd ever seen.  Including ZooTV and all.  That is until 360, but that's a whole different era and tech, but the POP show in tiny Vegas stadium or whatever they call it today, was truly spectacular. Loved that era of U2.  Balls out! 

And now it's, 'You're the best thing about me...'  Ugh...  Please play 'Please' on this tour!
Some people are never f****** happy. I think this album is some of the most joyous and enjoyable work the band has ever done. They are 4 men comfortable in their own skin and happy with their lives and they aren't afraid to tell the world how they feel. Then along comes little keyboard warrior CLarryG with his/her 'ugh' comments and insinuating that everything was better 20 years ago. In 20 years time this same cat will be referencing SOE all misty eyed and saying it was 'better times'. Some people are just obsessed with reminiscing and feel the need to compare everything with something in the distant past. How about just enjoying things for what they are? Why does it all need to be a contest?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It's fine to have your own POV and to celebrate what you like. Declaring what the motivations of another person on here is something we've worked really hard to get away from. I see you're relatively new here, so please respect the fact that we've been down the path of your saying things like "this little keyboard warrior" and it go to the point where people were saying so much mean stuff that we shut the forums down for a while. We want this to be a place where people can talk about what they like (and dislike) about U2 and their art, rather than it getting into what people dislike about each other.
Tours / Re: How many shows are you going to?
« Last post by d.darroch on February 24, 2018, 01:32:02 PM »
Just Belfast, 1 & 2, both GA.

Hoping they'll tour Oz in the not too distant future. If nothing's announced, or I can't make it, I may add a London or Manchester show.
Tours / How many shows are you going to?
« Last post by indiansummer on February 24, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »
Now the dust has settled on the pre-sale circus and the general sales. Interested to hear how many shows folks are going to this tour in North America and Europe.
I was orgiinally thinking of 3 but decided to go to 5, adding Dublin and Belfast later.  I reckon it could be the last tour for a while.....

Paris 2 (GA)
Madrid 1 (GA) and 2 (seats)
Belfast 2 (GA)
Dublin 3 (GA)
Tours / Re: Which Pop album songs would you love to hear on the upcoming eiTour?
« Last post by kitanet on February 24, 2018, 11:09:16 AM »
Gone and Please (+ Last night.. )

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Tours / Re: Which Pop album songs would you love to hear on the upcoming eiTour?
« Last post by larrylove on February 24, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »
Gone and Please :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10