Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Tours / Re: *SPOILERS* - A former hardcore fan goes to Omaha
« Last post by redapple129 on May 22, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow, just listened to Gloria from last night, you're not kidding!

When I read "UABRS level" I was certain some level of hyperbole was at play. Even as someone who believes they're still playing at a high level, I cannot believe how good Gloria sounded.

Of course, the video I watched it on had someone saying they didn't play with the energy they used to. Can't please everybody  ::)
Tours / Credit Card Swipe?
« Last post by D on May 22, 2018, 02:15:53 PM »
For anyone that's been to a show this tour...are they requiring you to swipe the credit card used to purchase the tickets as they did on the JT Tour?

Mine was compromised and I shred it not thinking about this requirement.

Thanks!
Dave
Tours / Re: Where to stand for GA tix - Nashville
« Last post by 64ac30 on May 22, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »
Ok yeah I donít want to stand too long I donít want to fight for the rail.

For a crowded city like Los Angeles, you could have shown up at 7 and been three people from the rail. Iím sure youíll be fine
« Last post by JTNash on May 22, 2018, 01:30:59 PM »
Ok yeah I donít want to stand too long I donít want to fight for the rail.
« Last post by 64ac30 on May 22, 2018, 01:27:23 PM »
Me too Saint I donít care about Bono sweating on me I want to see the screens anyway.

So I donít have to check in I can just roll up there at 530 o even 6 when the doors open?

Iíd recommend 7 if you donít want to stand too long.
Rush has always been my favorite.  But U2 and Pink Floyd tie for a close second.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Thoughts on the new vinyl remasters?
« Last post by Saint22 on May 22, 2018, 01:06:23 PM »
I've got an original copy of Pop on vinyl. I've not listened to it in a good while. If I get the new one, I'll compare the two and report back.

No, it isn't for sale. Neither is my original ZOOROPA.  8)
The Music and Lyrics / Re: If you love 13, sell me on it
« Last post by Saint22 on May 22, 2018, 01:03:31 PM »
Dude, are you tough enough to be kind?

Our assistant priest said something very similar to this line during a sermon during Holy Week, and I told her 'I was just listening to a song that contained that line before walking in the door tonight'. She's a casual U2 fan but hadn't heard the new album -- like most casual U2 fans.

There's powerful wisdom in that line. The coward is the one who has to act tough. The biggest bullies are cowards.
The Band / Re: What was Bono's "mortality crisis"?
« Last post by Saint22 on May 22, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
I still think that a heart attack and especially and arrest would be hard to keep under wraps in a hospital, also having a friend last year have a mild heart attack it has taken him quite a time to recover and he certainly wouldn't have been capable of prancing around on stage or drinking hard after that and he is younger than Bono and not unfit

He was in the hospital for something; we just don't know what, so whatever it was, it is under wraps. Why would a heart attack be any different than cancer or anything else?
« Last post by JTNash on May 22, 2018, 12:59:27 PM »
Me too Saint I donít care about Bono sweating on me I want to see the screens anyway.

So I donít have to check in I can just roll up there at 530 o even 6 when the doors open?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10