Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
The Music and Lyrics / Re: SOI is better than SOE official
« Last post by eldercantrell@yahoo.com on February 24, 2018, 10:55:15 AM »
Sorry one more note: although soi has those terrific highlights for me, soe has bigger highlights. Lights of home st peters is absolutely brilliant. The little things... stunning. Summer of love and Red flag day up there with my favorite u2 in 20 years as well as landlady. love is all we have left is a killer opener. 13 a terrific closer. Book a brilliant bonus track that could have been on the album between love is all we have left and lights of home st peters. and i for one really enjoy best thing and get out of your own way. Best thing is way better than miracle as a single. The great thing about u2 is they offer so many sounds. You have fans who say no line is their greatest (my least favorite u2 album, tho with brilliant monents), others love soi the lost, others the classics, some even soe. Itís all over the place and fairly subjective with the exception of jt, ab and perhaps tuf. All the rest are more easily debateable.
« Last post by eldercantrell@yahoo.com on February 24, 2018, 10:47:27 AM »
SOE is way better. Tho I do prefer volcano to american soul. American soul is rhe one song i skip on SOE, the ONLY song i skip. I havenít listened to a u2 album where i only skip one song since probably actung baby. That doesnít mean SOe is their best album since AB, but i really enjoy it. It actually made me enjoy soi more. And 13 is way better than song for someone. And it actually made me like song for someone. Soi and soe as companion albums i think is actually a stronger whole. Soi has great moments for me still: every breaking wave, iris, raised by wolves, invisible (iíll count it as it is a hidden track), the troubles, cedar wood road. I still listen to SOE every day.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Is EXIT gone for good?
« Last post by JonD on February 24, 2018, 09:52:27 AM »
If so then itís disappointing. I waited 30years to hear Exit live (one of my favourite U2 songs and missed original JT tour). It was the highlight of JT 30 in Toronto for me- incredible performance and fantastic rendition. I like it when the band gets heavier- Exit, Acrobat, Please, The Fly, SBS, UTEOW, Mofo, (even LAPOE) etc really resonate for me when played live. It also contrasts well with the more upbeat/hopeful songs.

If it does go away, then at least I can have the memory of JT30.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Songs Of Experience sales in the United States
« Last post by wons on February 24, 2018, 08:06:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A flop is a flop.

Its a flop when it comes to streaming, individual track sales, and radio airplay so far. But these album sales in 2018 are actually not that bad. Selling just 500,000 copies of an album these days in the USA could put you in the top 10 best selling albums of the year. While Songs Of Experience has only sold 25,000 copies since January 1, 2018, that still puts in the top 40 best selling albums of 2018 to this point.

The question now is how long can the album hold on? Will any songs from the album be able to break out and get noticed? Will the tour this summer help at all? Will the band receive any Grammy nominations at the end of the year? Its too early to fully assess what this album might do.
General Music Discussion / Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread
« Last post by miryclay on February 24, 2018, 05:17:19 AM »
Iha is back.
General Music Discussion / Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread
« Last post by iced on February 24, 2018, 04:54:53 AM »
Definitely appreciated.

There was a short period in the 1990's when they were the most interesting band on the planet.

And then it all went boom, like a ghost.

Almost forgotten.

Too bad, there's some good stuff there.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Songs Of Experience sales in the United States
« Last post by iced on February 24, 2018, 04:33:26 AM »
A flop is a flop.
« Last post by summerholly on February 24, 2018, 04:30:13 AM »
Not a huge fan of their newer music but SOI is growing on me.  Only because it was U2 I downloaded it and left it on the shuffle on my ipod and I now quite enjoy the songs when they come on and am taking more notice of what they bring.  Still not a huge fan of SOE yet.
« Last post by iced on February 24, 2018, 03:34:45 AM »
Yes, in pretty much every way. Official. With an official stamp. Officially.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Is EXIT gone for good?
« Last post by brupars on February 24, 2018, 01:37:20 AM »
Love Town 2019?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10