Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
The Music and Lyrics / Vinyl records - 2 LP records on albums
« Last post by ashaiw on January 11, 2019, 07:35:03 AM »
Hi I am wondering about the releases of new LP albums like The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. Recently got me a turntable and now I want to know if it is worth it buying the new releases of those masterpiece albums :) I see that now they are released as double albums with three or two songs on each sides. Does any know the purpose for that? Is it the quality?
I like those albums as a whole and not sure I want to stand up to change sides every 10 minutes or so :) Any thoughts?
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z Band names
« Last post by daveyg on January 11, 2019, 04:55:49 AM »
Hanson
General Music Discussion / Favorite electronica acts or albums?
« Last post by BorneOfSound on January 10, 2019, 04:39:37 PM »
Iím one of those fans who also love the remixes (mostly).

I love Kraftwerk, LCD soundsystem, 90s techno groups like Prodigy, Underworld and Leftfield. Also been revisiting some Massive Attack. While Iím a guitar/bass/drums guy, sometimes itís nice to get away from that. What electronica groups or albums do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's one of the worst music videos I've ever seen.
    He has Edge's eyes, but.....!!!!!??? Yikes; it's a hot mess.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Nice to hear Bono get complimented
« Last post by laoghaire on January 10, 2019, 08:37:59 AM »
You're right, that was some very lovely praise for Bono's singing. I liked how he said, with amazement, that the ZooTV show he attended had vocals that were album quality or exceeded album quality. It's not true of every show, of course, but we fans know that U2 are a live band and indeed the best version of a given song is very likely to be a live performance.

He obviously knew U2's ouerve well, at least the old stuff, correctly citing RHMT and Drowning Man as vocal highlights, rather than relying on better known high points like Pride and WOWY.

However, those two songs are among the few where the best (or only) takes are on album.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is that Levi Evans on Youtube singing "Day In Day OUt"?   It's pretty awful.

yeh - for those who haven't seen it yet..... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
General U2 Discussion / Re: Nice to hear Bono get complimented
« Last post by jules on January 10, 2019, 02:15:18 AM »
Just realised I posted this in the wrong section, it should have been General U2 Discussion, not General Music Discussion... if the mods can move it it'd be appreciated, cheers
Greta Van Fleet is making old Led Zep fans happy, plus some younger kids looking for the rock revolution.

Yes if it is the right artist with the right songs picked and done in the right style and with a real connection to the song it could work.  I have heard some good takes by newer artists on old songs.  But not lip syncing.

Lip syncing a bunch of young guys to U2, my mind cant process that! 

I remember U2 said that they struggled to do covers so wrote their own stuff.  I find it hard to imagine anyone covering either the old stuff of U2 or Pink Floyd for that matter, the sound and context of their lyrics was just so unique to each of those groups.  I liked Led Zeppelin but their sound and lyrics was more mainstream in that era to my ears.

General U2 Discussion / Re: Your Top 20 U2 Songs ranked!
« Last post by Poiters on January 09, 2019, 07:12:20 PM »
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Until the End of the World
Bad
Love is Blindness
Vertigo
Lights of Home
13 (There is a Light)
Acrobat
Ultraviolet
Miss Sarajevo
One
The Fly
Where The Streets Have No Name
Mothers of the Disappeared
With or Without You
Mysterious Ways
A Sort of Homecoming
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Please
I Will Follow
Nice to see Vertigo get some love!
Greta Van Fleet is making old Led Zep fans happy, plus some younger kids looking for the rock revolution.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10