Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
The Band / Re: Bono's Best Vocal Moments
« Last post by laoghaire on October 15, 2018, 05:04:12 PM »
It was nice but it wasn't the EMAs.

The EMAs was out of this world.
General U2 Discussion / Re: I Heard A U2 Song On The Radio Today
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on October 15, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »
Heard a souped up version of "Love is Bigger" in the mall today.  Kind of weird--such a personal song in an impersonal setting w/ the gitzmo dance stuff thrown in.
They were coming from a period of great discord when they suddenly found unity and coherence.  Seems to me a synergy thing that comes and goes of its own accord.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Serious-but-embarassing question: why buy vinyl?
« Last post by jc619er on October 15, 2018, 04:53:09 PM »
 This will be a debate forever if you can or can't hear a difference. Vinyl is just a different experience all around. To me it's more peaceful and fun. It forces you to sit and actually experience and album which nobody does anymore these days. Do I feel it sounds better, yes in some ways. In some ways I prefer CD more. MP3 is purely for convenience, but when I can I like to plan an uncompressed digital file. When it comes to that I can 100% tell the difference in a compressed and uncompressed file. But as Tortuga said earlier, you won't hear the difference in a 256k file played on a digital player and one burned on to a CD, this is true, but if you have a 256k file and an uncompressed file side by side to me there is a huge difference and most people say there isn't.

But put all that aside, any musical medium only sounds as good as your stereo, and most times these days people aren't spending a lot on a vinyl setup so to hear an immediate difference, you probably won't. It's more for the collectors sake of it.
The Band / Re: Bono's Best Vocal Moments
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on October 15, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
Bono did a great job singing EBW on someone's front porch this past summer.  It's on Youtube.
Tours / Re: Should we sit down during the show?
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on October 15, 2018, 04:51:02 PM »
Good attitude, Golden State Girl!
News and Rumors / Re: Zooropa on Blue vinyl and JT on Gold...coming soon
« Last post by jc619er on October 15, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
Definitely want the Blue Vinyl Zooropa.
This is and will always be my favorite album of all time.
Tours / Re: Is U2 overloading AB material because they won’t do a ZOOTV-2 tour?
« Last post by miryclay on October 15, 2018, 04:38:43 PM »
The AB material is getting loaded up for Berlin. But no uteotw
Tours / Re: North side / South side
« Last post by miryclay on October 15, 2018, 04:37:33 PM »
Only through wristbands.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10