Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Tours / Re: U2 Stadium tour southern hemisphere Feb 2019?
« Last post by Boba Fett on August 12, 2018, 06:44:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I still say U2’s reluctance to go to Australia is Guy’s fault.  He is also Madonna’s manager, and her last tour in Australia flopped hard!  I think the fear is tthat U2 aren’t in demand enough to go to Australia, Japan, Singapore, etc, and charge what would be necessary.  They sold immensely well on the Vertigo Tour in Australia.  The 360 Tour was a bit of a disappointment, sales wise, in Australia, except in Perth.  I wouldn’t be surprised if that leg lost money. 

The JT Tour would’ve been perfect for Australia.  The production wasn’t nearly as extravagant as 360, and the demand would’ve been stronger for that than the IE Tour.  They should’ve gone to Australia instead of that unnecessary 2nd NA leg.  Wasted opportunity.
Er, the 360 Tour sold half a million tickets across Aus/NZ - only 32k fewer than on the Vertigo Tour. The real difference was they did three shows in Sydney for Vertigo and 'only' two for 360.

But I agree on the likelihood that TJT30 would have been a smash in Australia. And I suspect that was the last opportunity for U2 to tour Australia - can't see them bringing an arena show to this part of the world unfortunately. The last time they did that was the LoveTown tour.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Gonna dive into NLOTH - any pointers?
« Last post by laoghaire on August 12, 2018, 06:35:45 PM »
"Beat poetry" is what has occured to me so far.

You're right, one could forget it's a U2 song.

The ending is cool.
« Last post by Moonstarsky on August 12, 2018, 05:45:07 PM »

Cedars will probably light up for me soon.

If you close your eyes and put aside that you know It's a U2 song. Just listen carefully during Cedars, you'll wonder during a few lines, whose song is this and whose singing Bono or Leonard Cohen.  Cedars, to me is their Leonard Cohen song. Enjoy it.
General U2 Discussion / Re: U2 at The RDS - 25 Years
« Last post by laoghaire on August 12, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »
"Everybody got one."
« Last post by Johnny Feathers on August 12, 2018, 05:17:40 PM »
Yep, I also had two tapes at the ready...only, my trick was to cue the other tape up and simply swap tapes at the right time to avoid losing any audio. Turns out I needed a third tape to get the full encore, which luckily I had.

I just found it as a free download online in the last few years. It’s still weird to hear it without the audio drops between tapes and station IDs.

Possibly the best performance I’ve ever heard from them, starting with his voice during Zoo Station. I loved the beat breakdown during Desire, when Macphisto sang “you make me feel...”. Great, great show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last post by laoghaire on August 12, 2018, 03:30:38 PM »
Ahhh, I've hit that sweet, sweet nirvana of album infatuation.

Magnificent grew on me. The "I was born to sing for you" verse is amazing.
Unknown Caller works for me. Even the weird lyrics. No, especially the weird lyrics because they are based in meaning for me.
Breathe is different and cool. Still don't know why the song sounds so familiar though.
White as Snow is hitting some harmonic in me. It's freaking gorgeous. I know the music is not original but it's stunning, the lyrics are genius, Bono's vocals are transcendent.
His vocals on Moment of Surrender are also genius, though some might consider them overwrought. But when else can you bleed that much emotion if not rock bottom? I love how jarring the opening line is, then it breaks into such longing with "run free" - just up and down, defiant and needy and immediately relieved and chastised and shamed, back and forth.
NLOTH is a charging bull.
Cedars will probably light up for me soon.

I was on a hiatus so I've had the strange experience of unwrapping 3 "new" albums in the same year. Of course, I still have to give Bomb another chance at some point. If it goes off for me, that'll be 4.
« Last post by laoghaire on August 12, 2018, 03:15:25 PM »
Like the I'LL HELP YOU BONO guy.

Ow, my eyeballs.
« Last post by laoghaire on August 12, 2018, 03:13:57 PM »
Help! was amazing.

Love the guy who shouted Help! at the right moment.

There were some people murdering their lungs that night, screaming BONOOOOOOOOO throughout. Love the Help! guy but wish some of the stans would stfu so I don't have to sprain my eyeballs rolling them during an otherwise magical recording.
News and Rumors / Re: 1981 footage unearthed
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on August 12, 2018, 02:47:03 PM »
I agree that Bono seems to be an excellent father.
« Last post by miryclay on August 12, 2018, 12:55:01 PM »
Help! was amazing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10