Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
The Music and Lyrics / Re: U2 and Politics Take the poll
« Last post by popsadie on February 23, 2018, 09:01:18 PM »
The thing is, U2's interest in Lamar doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Their musical forms may differ, but their ideologies share similarities. Both artist are interested in using music as a form for sharing and exploring their political AND religious ideas, and both seem to be more like reformers than revolutionaries. Musically, I have a hard time relating to hip-hop, but ideologically, I'm on board with a lot of what Kendrick has to say. I suspect members of U2 are as well.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Could U2 play Red Rocks again?
« Last post by dougie on February 23, 2018, 07:57:20 PM »
I have seen the Grateful Dead there many times. In 1979, so many people were trying to get into the show, hundreds were arrested. A guy died trying to climb over the giant 'rocks' to get into the show. They transferred the next two shows to the McNicols arena in Denver due to the problems. They played a special first set for the first show to make the fans happy. Though, I saw the Dead at Red Rocks in 82 and 83 with no problems.

I would think they would have to do it somewhat indiscreetly due to its locale.
« Last post by lorijane on February 23, 2018, 04:57:25 PM »
It’s small, but would be a neat “stealth” concert. Can’t imagine them actually doing it as part of a regular tour, even if they did several nights.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Songs Of Experience sales in the United States
« Last post by wons on February 23, 2018, 04:18:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So no point looking at sales. I presume most people are like me. Look at streams mind you.

Billboard's sales figures take streaming into account:

That's only for the specific charts that include streaming. Not all of Billboards charts include streaming. The chart above is the Billboard 200 album chart that has always been in use until a couple of years ago. Its still posted, but just not as the main billboard 200 chart which includes streaming and individual track purchases. On that chart, U2's album is not even charted, because U2 has very low streaming and individual track purchases.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Songs Of Experience sales in the United States
« Last post by 73October on February 23, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
Guitar bands are out of fashion.  It's pop, R n B and EDM these days with a bit of hip hop/grime thrown in for good measure.  That may also account for some of U2's sales recently.  Metallica are now a novelty rock act.  The rock oriented kids like them like Guns N Roses.  U2 are unfashionable.
Do I care? No, of course not!
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Is EXIT gone for good?
« Last post by miryclay on February 23, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »
I'd say it's done.
The Music and Lyrics / Is EXIT gone for good?
« Last post by Beneathadesertsky on February 23, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »
Watching the performances from the last tour even with its dark history I feel like the band reclaimed the song.

Do you see it coming back at all or was the JT tour the last hurrah?
The Music and Lyrics / Re: U2 and Politics Take the poll
« Last post by Beneathadesertsky on February 23, 2018, 12:48:25 PM »
At least the band will embrace all their fans. Another band I like and have liked for a very long time put out a post on social media saying if you are a Trump supporter or voted for Trump we don't want you as a fan or something like that.

That's horrible to pass judgement on them for who they voted for....It doesn't make them bad people. They may differ from you in your beliefs but you don't shun them. I respect U2 for not doing a similar thing. They may be critical of the president but their fans are their fans. Conservative, Libertarian, Progressive it doesn't matter its the love of the music that brings us together. Like I said in a earlier post them doing EXIT during the Joshua Tree tour was perfect. You got the point across without cramming it down everyone's throats and made it a kick ass performance every night as a result.
« Last post by welshguy77 on February 23, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »
I think it would be a great idea too.
General Music Discussion / Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread
« Last post by miryclay on February 23, 2018, 10:36:17 AM »
I got tickets this morning. Anyone else?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10