Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Is that Levi Evans on Youtube singing "Day In Day OUt"?   It's pretty awful.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Your face like (melting) snow
« Last post by JTNash on January 09, 2019, 05:52:16 PM »
Well the whole album is sort of about Edges Divorce, so itís likely about the way he once saw his wife and the reality of the divorce setting in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Your face like (melting) snow
« Last post by laoghaire on January 09, 2019, 05:49:44 PM »
ToRontoRon, my fellow lyric nerd.

MOS does seem pretty straightforward, and I do think the reference is to a purity or maybe innocence.

Acrobat seems like it could mean a lot of different things. But you're probably right. It's clear that the lyric says "you used to be (something good) but then that changed." Kind of cool juxtapositioning of hot/cold (fire in your soul/melting snow). My teen self did wonder: "Now it looks like this" - what does the face look like now?

Invisible, it's also a bit confusing. Those frozen days/ways melt away your face like snow. Ways of parsing:

The days/ways are the things that melt away your face. Which is like snow. Which is weird because frozen things don't usually melt faces. Or snow.

The days/ways melt themselves away. And separately, I'd like to mention that your face is like snow.

The days/ways melt themselves away, leaving/revealing your face of snow.

If it's the latter, the imagery might fit the others. You were frozen, cold to me. But you melted and I found a purity in your face after all.

Shine, I relate to that The Scream image, yeah.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Your Top 20 U2 Songs ranked!
« Last post by davis on January 09, 2019, 02:44:21 PM »
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Until the End of the World
Bad
Love is Blindness
Vertigo
Lights of Home
13 (There is a Light)
Acrobat
Ultraviolet
Miss Sarajevo
One
The Fly
Where The Streets Have No Name
Mothers of the Disappeared
With or Without You
Mysterious Ways
A Sort of Homecoming
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Please
I Will Follow
Levi Evans seems to be getting into rap, and Eli Hewson's band has a very different feel to U2 (although Eli is remarkably like a young Bono, but I digress.....)

I'm not sure if U2's music would suit a young band mock up. Even U2's early stuff put into a modern young group would seem out of place. They probably wouldn't be signed if they were starting out now. Can you imagine early U2 trying to get through American Idol or X Factor?
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z U2 songs
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 09, 2019, 08:01:01 AM »
Skip q
Running to stand still
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z tv shows
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 09, 2019, 07:59:45 AM »
Who's the boss
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z Band names
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 09, 2019, 07:59:14 AM »
Grateful dead
But would a bunch of young guys really want to sing and would they resonate with songs written and based on the experiences of a late middle aged man?

Elijah Hewson and his band had their own song and it was very different type of lyrics to that of his dad!
General U2 Discussion / Re: Nice to hear Bono get complimented
« Last post by jules on January 08, 2019, 04:17:46 PM »
Rick clarifies in the comments:

"By the way, I forgot to say it in the video but this is in no particular order."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10