Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Tours / Re: **SPOILERS** Tour: opening sequence
« Last post by laoghaire on May 22, 2018, 06:27:06 AM »
Your story doesn't seem accurate because who mixes Mexican and Indian food?

If you'd just stuck with Mexican I would have bought it. That stuff really does a number on ya.
Tours / Re: **SPOILERS** Tour: opening sequence
« Last post by miryclay on May 22, 2018, 05:55:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think MRI imaging is a lot sharper than that. 

Not sure what the 'interference' is though. 

Gradually what the situation was with Bono is coming out - but we may not get the full story for some time, if ever.

This is what happened. A bunch of creatives were in a pub dreaming up some video ideas on napkins. Mexican and Indian food was being served and Willie had to go to the bathroom. He went and had a number 2 in the loo and used the napkin. They then changed the colour scheme in post production and magnified it 1000%. End of story. 
General U2 Discussion / Re: How to meet the band! (Wed Chicago May 23)
« Last post by miryclay on May 22, 2018, 05:52:50 AM »
TheOG,

Go to ass end of the United Centre by the fence around 2pm with a sharpie and something to sign. Secure your place along the fence and don't push. The band should come in around anywhere between 2 to 5. If they stop you are lucky. Don't push anyone. The ass end of United Center is the opposite end of the Jordan statue. 
General U2 Discussion / Re: Your experience with reinventions?
« Last post by laoghaire on May 22, 2018, 05:30:30 AM »
Yeah, it wasn't that hard to go back - just forward, sometimes. I wonder why that is.
General U2 Discussion / Re: How to meet the band! (Wed Chicago May 23)
« Last post by soloyan on May 22, 2018, 05:26:34 AM »
Loads of people have been on this quest for decades and even they don't have a guaranteed approach. Just be prepared to walk a lot and spend and incredible lot of time doing nothing, just waiting. Good luck.
Tours / Re: Blackout live
« Last post by laoghaire on May 22, 2018, 05:24:02 AM »
Scrittoresabino, that's exactly what I meant by my question, and your answer exceeded my wildest dreams <wipes tear>

Seriously, I'm going to read that several times because these are experiences that are important to me that I don't always get due to less sensory input.

I had been reading that during LIAWHL the crowd goes wild when B looks at them (and I think someone felt it interrupted the effect of the song). When I watched the Omaha perfomance of that song I could then understand what was going on because indeed there was periodic cheering but I thought it was brilliant. Of course it's an interesting example of how we have a guy, nearing 60, who has the effect of making tens of thousands of people yell when he looks vaguely in their direction. Sociologists or psychologists might want to explain that. (I'm going to be yelling my head off from my position 5,000 feet away).
General U2 Discussion / Re: Your experience with reinventions?
« Last post by soloyan on May 22, 2018, 05:23:27 AM »
You're absolutely right in assuming that U2 lost more than a few fans between War and TUF or JT. I remember vividly that the "U2 = sell out" slogan started with UF. Suddenly they were "commercial".
The War Tour was all about rebellion, even if peaceful. The band symbolized an alternative to crappy 80's music. So... yeah, I think it's fair to say TUF made the band loose some of the fanbase. But that's nothing compared to the mass of people they started to attract. In fact, I believe it was much more natural for fans of TUF and JT to get to know and like the first 3 albums than the other way around.

Then, of course, we got AB and had to "dream it all up again".
The Band / Re: Does Bono still smoke?
« Last post by summerholly on May 22, 2018, 05:19:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is true.  I know because I had a heart attack a few years ago and quit smoking cold turkey the day I was admitted to the ICU for my heart attack. However, the extra weight and bein the most inactive/sedentary I have ever been have really hurt my health. I have gone back to smoking but my doctors including my cardiologist have really stressed that my weight and lack of movement are a bigger concern to them....

My great uncle drank and smoked heavily and lived to his nineties but I also had a very fit and active friend also a smoker , he died at age 50 of pancreatic cancer which is also linked heavily to smoking.  I guess on balance smoking is not good for you and we don't know which way our genetics are going to swing.  In the end it is our life and our choice as to what risks we deliberately take. 
Tours / Re: Blackout live
« Last post by miryclay on May 22, 2018, 05:05:17 AM »
It's the Invisible of this tour.
Tours / Re: GA - North vs. South
« Last post by miryclay on May 22, 2018, 05:03:11 AM »
Some ppl like looking at Larry's backside.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10