Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Gonna dive into NLOTH - any pointers?
« Last post by 03/9/81 on August 10, 2018, 08:02:03 AM »
Just cause I feel like it:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Justice version Sexy Boots.
Bye -
News and Rumors / Re: 1981 footage unearthed
« Last post by laoghaire on August 10, 2018, 07:57:06 AM »
That's an awesome performance. I link the full video in my blow-by-blow description post here:

Highlights include: drunk Baby Bono, a pratfall, pawing by the audience, ripping away of mic and shirt by audience, and Bono's verbalized realization that he messed up the lyrics.
« Last post by laoghaire on August 10, 2018, 07:45:12 AM »
Yeah, that's dumb. It's ok to like a song, album, band, as long as you meet some rando's criteria of acknowleding that rando's declaration? Lol
Just going by the official releases for my list:

Bad/40/Streets from the Elevation tour in Boston is my favourite performance of all time.  That camera shot on Bono as it goes towards him at the beginning of Streets is pure magic.

Also love Still Haven't Found/All I Want is You from Milan.

With or Without You from Rattle and Hum is great too.

One from Paris, I & E tour.  I just love all the shots of the crowd, and the crowd singing along.

Running to Stand Still from Chicago, Vertigo tour.

Angel of Harlem from ZOOTV in Sydney.

The Fly, also from the Elevation tour in Boston.

And my last one might be controversial, but I love I'll Go Crazy from the 360 tour.  Larry playing the bongos and interacting with the rest of the group on the floor is good to see.  They're just having fun with a fun song.

« Last post by 03/9/81 on August 10, 2018, 07:14:19 AM »
As long as you acknowledge and accept that you are in the limited minority, that's fine. Boots is widely seen as one of their weakest and I wholeheartedly agree. Shame it had to be on such an experimental album that for the most part wasn't trying to be commercial and catchy.

Seriously??  As long as we accept that we are dumb for liking it, its okay if we like it?  Why, thank you for your blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't waste your breath Tortuga, I don't! You do you! Music is like politics, and religion, everybody has an opinion, everybody believes they're in the right, everything is how you perceive things. Like what you like, and don't let someone's else's opinion hinder you. Moving on! 
« Last post by Tortuga on August 10, 2018, 06:38:49 AM »
As long as you acknowledge and accept that you are in the limited minority, that's fine. Boots is widely seen as one of their weakest and I wholeheartedly agree. Shame it had to be on such an experimental album that for the most part wasn't trying to be commercial and catchy.

Seriously??  As long as we accept that we are dumb for liking it, its okay if we like it?  Why, thank you for your blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by 03/9/81 on August 10, 2018, 05:20:37 AM »

Yes, I know that, and yes I accept that. As long as other's can accept, that I like it, and guess what - we aren't all uniform fans that ALL love the same things. I don't look at boots in a musical way, when I hear it, it makes me feel like dancing.
« Last post by Clarky on August 10, 2018, 05:04:08 AM »
News and Rumors / 1981 footage unearthed
« Last post by Sevy2016 on August 10, 2018, 02:58:47 AM »

Leather pants, sweat and punk rock - as QUB Student's Union undergoes major refurbishment we unearthed footage from 1981 of U2 and Stiff Little Fingers performing at McMordie Hall, later renamed Mandela Hall.
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from France
« Last post by supermimi75011 on August 10, 2018, 02:19:04 AM »
Bonjour !!

Merci beaucoup !!!  :-* ;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]