Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
General U2 Discussion / Re: A Trip to The Joshua Tree (From "I Love U2" on YouTube)
« Last post by kevtn43 on October 13, 2018, 06:54:24 AM »
This is absolutely amazing i always wanted to visit the Joshua tree now i really need to go ,keep it up
General U2 Discussion / Rattle & Hum BluRay
« Last post by Tortuga on October 13, 2018, 06:37:45 AM »
Is the Rattle & Hum BluRay out of print?  Does anyone think they will re-release it in a deluxe version someday?  Any ideas why it hasn’t received the anniversary treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its funny, I hadn’t seen that S&G performance in years.  At the time I didn’t understand the critical backlash against Rattle & Hum but watching that now with Bono’s little speech makes me cringe.  I guess that’s the difference between youth and later life.  I was pretty wide-eyed back then.  Now maybe I’m pretty cynical.  I do remember even back then laughing when Bono said “Ok Edge, play the blues” and Edge rips into a very Edge-like solo that sounds nothing like the blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did they play "Silver And Gold"?
Tours / Re: Live song debut (spoiler)
« Last post by 64ac30 on October 13, 2018, 04:39:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You can’t wait for them to include Dirty Day in the set?

Well I think you’ll be waiting a while...⏱😂

Idk how long I’ll have to wait. But they did rehearse it yesterday Gary....
Tours / Re: Should we sit down during the show?
« Last post by UnknownCaller98 on October 13, 2018, 02:19:15 AM »
No one has any right whatsoever to demand you sit down at a freaking concert. Ignore them and enjoy the should as it should be enjoyed: standing.
Tours / Re: Live song debut (spoiler)
« Last post by garyu2 on October 12, 2018, 10:53:44 PM »
You can’t wait for them to include Dirty Day in the set?

Well I think you’ll be waiting a while...⏱😂
Tours / Re: U2 is lazy
« Last post by singnomore on October 12, 2018, 10:49:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For those raving about the recent switch up in their setlist, let me kindly point out that they have managed to whittle the setlist down to a mere 21 songs (remember when, in pre-tour interviews, that they would play “longer” sets?). Keep in mind that opening night, in Tulsa, ran 27 songs long; and, that much of the rest of that leg settled at 26, before more firmly settling on 24.

If things change up over these next several weeks, I will happily eat my words; but, to my eyes, they’re being lazy.

I think part of this is them protecting Bono’s vocals but I hear you
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Serious-but-embarassing question: why buy vinyl?
« Last post by 64ac30 on October 12, 2018, 09:11:19 PM »
If you really hear a “difference” you’re lying to yourself. On the other hand, some people have vinyl sound system that sound better than their speaker setup. But you can’t hear a difference in vinyl vs sound. People buy for the colletability.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: SOE - A retrospective
« Last post by ian ryan on October 12, 2018, 08:34:46 PM »
I still feel it’s one of their four touchstone albums, after Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, and ATYCLB. Not to say it’s as good as Achtung Baby, but what the release of the album means, given the current state of rock, where U2 are at as people, and the quality of the two prior albums (I love them both, but they are missing an energy that the best U2 albums have), definitely makes it one of the band’s most important albums. I still listen to it regularly as an album, not for individual tracks. If U2 had released a similar album after Atomic Bomb, their half-decade of Bono asking “Why are U2 still here?” could have been avoided.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]