Fun and Games / Re: A-Z tv shows
« Last post by 73October on January 04, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »
Vicar of Dibley
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z Band names
« Last post by 73October on January 04, 2019, 11:35:05 AM »
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
General U2 Discussion / Re: Rubin Sessions and SOE
« Last post by 73October on January 04, 2019, 11:27:42 AM »
I did think of suggesting Edge could produce the album...but, oh the disagreements.  And which decade will the album be released?
As much as I love The Edge, there's no way he could produce a U2 album solo.
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z Band names
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 04, 2019, 11:17:00 AM »
Extreme
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z tv shows
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 04, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »
Undercover boss
Fun and Games / Re: A-Z U2 songs
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 04, 2019, 11:15:53 AM »
October
Fun and Games / Re: where are you from game
« Last post by kevtn43 on January 04, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Iím from Massachusetts but live in Tennessee

Very cool im in knoxville tn
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup they totally would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General U2 Discussion / If U2 got some young cuties to Milli Vanilli their stuff....
« Last post by laoghaire on January 04, 2019, 10:36:46 AM »
For the sake of this thought experiment, assume this could be successfully pulled off. U2 write and perform an album or single, but under a different name. And videos are released of hot young guys "performing" the songs a la Milli Vanilli. And all of us elders who know damn well it's U2 just shut up and keep the secret.

Would the songs suddenly resonate with The Youths? Would Love is Bigger or Summer of Love or GOOYOW compete with The Shape of You?

Obviously not asking if they SHOULD (answer: HELL NO). Just wondering if you think that age alone (or rather the cultural perceptions of age) could be their handicap this decade.
The Music and Lyrics / Re: Your face like (melting) snow
« Last post by laoghaire on January 04, 2019, 10:12:28 AM »
Yes, those are good.

I really like the word "desolate" for this. My picture is that a face like snow has the life taken out of it, that it is empty of spirit. A frozen face is not animated, it can't respond, it's emotionless. But it's even more desolate than a face of solid ice, which can capture an unchanging emotion, like a sculpture can. But a face of snow? It will just fall apart at a touch or a wind. It will crumble into nothingness. Desolate, empty.

In Acrobat and MOS rap, this idea seems sympathetic to me, like someone was there but their selves have been stolen from them. But in Invisible I read it more judgmentally, that the person has sold their souls maybe.

But I could easily see other interpretations. Would love to hear some.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]