Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Rumors / Re: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?
« Last post by Billy Rhythm on February 21, 2018, 10:55:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've renewed for 2018 as well. Not a dickie bird.
I have to ask but, what on Earth is a "dickie bird"?...:-)
General Music Discussion / Re: Whats the Last Album You Listened to in Full
« Last post by cocamojoe on February 21, 2018, 09:58:44 PM »
Listening to this amazing album right now, from this great Turkish-Dutch gal whom I discovered just a few days ago:visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
General Music Discussion / Re: Whats the Last Album You Listened to in Full
« Last post by cocamojoe on February 21, 2018, 09:56:12 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
New Member Introductions / Hi everyone!
« Last post by thatcher_road on February 21, 2018, 08:29:25 PM »
Hello :)  I am Brian... been reading the forums for years and figured I should create an account already :) 

I am from Chicago, write/record/perform original indie folk music, and have been a U2 fan for as long as I can remember.

How about you?
It's a long time before the tour. Before SOI tour, each of the two shows in each city were said to be different. Well, things changed after they started rehearsing. I would love to hear several songs off POP. Until that happens, I will not get my hopes high.

Heck, if they decided to  play more of SOE instead of rarities, that's fine by me too. I would love to see a show without JT tunes due to playing it totally on the last tour. And, they seem to fall back on greatest hits on most tours as they roll on- that is my concern.
General U2 Discussion / Re: Songs Of Experience sales in the United States
« Last post by davis on February 21, 2018, 06:23:12 PM »
Most of the younger people I know buy no music.  All streamed or pirated.  Yet another thing the internet has ruined...
Where The Streets Have No Name
General U2 Discussion / Re: Songs Of Experience sales in the United States
« Last post by wons on February 21, 2018, 05:32:44 PM »
I wonder how much of the U2 fanbase no longer buys music and just streams it online or obtains it in other ways.
We are the fanatical fans - that's why we're on this site.

U2 believes that most of their audience members on the tour want to hear the greatest hits so that is what they'll give them.  The 'typical' audience member is not visiting fan site forums to post their set list wishes.

If U2 thought that most audience goers wanted to hear songs from Pop or Drowning Man or Lady with the Spinning Head, U2 would play those songs.

If U2 thought audience goers were sick of hearing The Joshua Tree songs and would prefer rare songs instead, they would stop playing the Joshua Tree and would play the rare songs.

Tours / Which Pop album songs would you love to hear on the upcoming eiTour?
« Last post by andrewau2 on February 21, 2018, 04:19:22 PM »
Only 2 votes...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10