Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The article is pretty solid, but I think he lost some credibility by choosing "Trip Through Your Wires" above "Mysterious Ways". TTYW is one of the few U2 songs I really don't care for ("Wild Honey" being another) and as overplayed as MW is, it's still a really good, strong track. The next time you're feeling bored by MW, try to focus just on Adam's bassline and not the lyrics or the guitar. It literally gives the song new life.

Adam's bassline was the true lifeblood of that song - just perfect!

MW was inspired by some other great Manchester bass-lines from that era, e.g.: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  both much better songs for me.

Hadn't heard those songs before so can't really judge'em on my end. But I will say whatever inspired Adam's bass line for MW is alright by me.

Tiger, you should give those songs a good listen  - as an tha is my witness they're totally brilliant.  They make MW sound rather dull by comparison.

The first song does nothing for me, but the Roses song is a good one. If we're going to compare it to Mw, it's really a case of apples and oranges. The Achtung Baby songs really came out of nowhere, when you think of them in terms of what U2 had recorded previously.
But I have a question about The Stone Roses: I really like their stuff, but I always wonder why they get so much praise - like they're the second coming (no pun intended). They have such a limited back catalog, and yet people put them on such a high pedestal. Is it just a Manchester thing?
General Music Discussion / Made a song in GarageBand...
« Last post by WookieeWarrior10 on Today at 09:50:18 PM »
...and I was hoping I could get some feedback from y'all. It was made entirely using GarageBand-- no real insturmwntion or anything. As someone who has never even played an instrument before, I hope you like it (or at least find it ok)!

Here's a link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fun and Games / Re: The "Finish My Sentence" Game
« Last post by OnlyU2 on Today at 09:26:44 PM »
hung upside down on the cave rafters, and slept like that all day.  When dusk came, they woke up, and were about to go back out into the city, but Larry was stuck hanging there.  Everyone tried to pull him down, but he wouldn't budge, so
Fun and Games / Re: Fictional U2 Cover Bands
« Last post by WookieeWarrior10 on Today at 09:22:28 PM »
Monkeys Stealing from a Swarm of Bees?

I don't know, trying to fit the theme of bad lyrics...
General U2 Discussion / Re: red hill mining town remix
« Last post by dwaltman on Today at 09:08:26 PM »
did we ever get clarification about the brass? is it synth-brass or a real brass section
I can't confirm anything but it definitely sounds like a synth.

I know it was a real brass section on the JT in 1987 and I think it's the original recording brought to the front of the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General U2 Discussion / Re: Orginal TJT and TJT30 Tours
« Last post by dwaltman on Today at 09:05:25 PM »
That's awesome.

The Music / Re: Which do you like better: Zooropa or Pop?
« Last post by THRILLHO on Today at 08:35:25 PM »
this is a lot closer than i thought it would be. glad to see the Zooropa love is still alive and well.
Fun and Games / Re: Fictional U2 Cover Bands
« Last post by ZEROpartII on Today at 08:10:24 PM »
Heavy as a Truck

Hi guys,
Long time lurker, but thought you may like to see these. I'm currently recreating Forrest Gump's run across America for the WWF and Peace Direct. I've run from Mobile Alabama to Santa Monica Pier to Maine and now I'm heading to Chicago, hopefully in time for June 4. In doing so, I think I became the first person ever to travel on foot from Joshua Tree National Park to THE Joshua Tree. I celebrated this by making a couple of videos! I hope you like them, as these two were incredibly emotional experiences for me. I'd love to hear your comments and I'd love it if you could follow my run any way you can. Google runroblarun for social media things and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is the website. Hopefully see some of you in Chicago.
Joshua Tree NP - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Death Valley - Where The Streets Have No Name:
New Member Introductions / Re: Finally
« Last post by WookieeWarrior10 on Today at 07:33:08 PM »
I thought your username was Aggies... you wouldn't happen to be a Texas Aggie, though, would you, Aggers?

And welcome to the forum!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10