Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I'm probably on the spectrum too, but not nearly as much as Bono.  Little habits sort of define my routine, which provides stress relief as well as structure.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is kind of weird, knowing that the show in Cleveland is that day. It's obviously a political decision on Bono's part, but should be cool.

There's plenty you can do when you have a private plane.

Let's just hope they're not late getting in as they were in Pittsburgh (I believe they didn't arrive to the stadium until 530ish, which is late for them).

Happy they're doing this for Canada, but disappointed for Cleveland concert attendees who almost certainly won't get to see them enter the stadium/possibly meet the band.
Tours / Re: Boston .. You Ready ?
« Last post by khaotix on Today at 09:25:58 PM »
I'll be there! Still waiting for more info on GA lines!
Wanna hear my theory?  Bono is quite ADD; ADD folks thrive with structure.  My boss is very ADD and is the most obsessively structured person I know.  It gives the person a level of comfort and safety, I believe.

You're not the only one with that theory.  ;) Not to diagnose him, but I can confirm that ADD people need structure (otherwise our life is total chaos) while also craving variance (for instance, immersing ourselves in multiple different activities). And we also tend to repeat ourselves, sometimes on purpose, but often completely randomly and it's definitely not staged. Bono seems to enjoy being involved in multiple different things (music, charitable work, businesses etc.) but also seems pretty structured (both with how he and the band performs) and he also seems to have a habit of repeating certain phrases. Seems very excitable, too, which is another classic ADD thing.

If I were a betting person, I'd be inclined to believe Bono is somewhere on the ADD spectrum. Heck, a lot of people are and just weren't diagnosed--I didn't get diagnosed until age 27 despite it having been obvious for quite some time.
The Band / Re: Is Bono a Freemason?
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on Today at 09:20:24 PM »
Is this some kind of joke? :o
Wanna hear my theory?  Bono is quite ADD; ADD folks thrive with structure.  My boss is very ADD and is the most obsessively structured person I know.  It gives the person a level of comfort and safety, I believe. 
Tours / Re: Boston .. You Ready ?
« Last post by MysteriousFly on Today at 09:08:22 PM »
I'll be there...first time seeing them too! so stoked!
Tours / Re: Let's be honest about U2's set list this tour
« Last post by shineinthesummernight on Today at 09:07:40 PM »
JT, you're probably right.  If the Miss Sarajevo bit helps the cause it's probably worth it. 
    I also agree with the above that adding "An Cat Dubh", "40", or "Gloria" to the mix would be a great addition.
Tours / Re: Boston Show GA Parking
« Last post by liz_nyc on Today at 08:06:47 PM »
Thanks so much! That sounds great. Does anyone know for this city, if you can get your GA #, step out, and then go back at a certain time? I have college friends who have seated tickets and I would love to spend time with them before the doors open. I don't know if I can wait in the heat for hours!

I appreciate your help.  Have fun at the show!!
I agree that artists  have to practice most of their show, but its been INCREDIBLE how staged this particular tour has been. The 4 gigs I've seen, there is literally 0% randomness. It is amazing to see. Past tours you could count on 10% randomness.

Even Bono's 'awe' of how 'loud' the crowd is after streets is a carbon copy every night. Going to NY/NJ this week, hoping for at least a sneeze or something random.

Life is good, huh? Seen 4 shows on the same tour - only to lament there isn't enough randomness lol

Yes, so i can give an educated opinion of how freaking staged every step of the show is! Like no tour before.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10