Author Topic: Valuation question regarding lithograph...Joshua Tree/Corbijn signed print x 2  (Read 1840 times)

Offline sparky1358

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hello all....Lone time lurker......Did not know where to psot this so I posted here. Hope thats ok*S*

I need help placing a value for sale on an item I have. I actually have two of the same item bought quite some time back.

I have two plate signed(by Anton Corbijn) of U2/Joshua Tree.....The version I have is from a limnited edition of 9,800. Proiduced in 1990

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

its the picture above and it measures 32"x24" if my easurements are correct(using a small handheld ruler*LOL*)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was going to list them on ebay but wanted a better idea before doing so........I dont want to take adbvantage of anyone but I also dont want to be taken advantage of. Just want a fair price for them. Medical issues force sale to raise money

InThisHeartland

Sorry that I know nothing of their value, but I wish you the best with your money raising!

Offline sparky1358

thanks for the reply and well wishes are much appraciated

Offline sparky1358

anyone?

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
I have no idea about what it's worth. However I did try and help a friend sell another collectible and learned a few things from that experience.
A rare book dealer said you can ask whatever you paid for it, but unless you see similar items on Ebay you don't have much to go by.
One thing that's important is to be an established seller on Ebay. Newbies don't do well as they don't have any history for buyers to go by. Maybe sell some cheaper things to get established?

My friend never did sell her item so I don't know how much help this is. Hope your medical problems are getting better.

Good luck!
Wish I had the money to bid on it. It's gorgeous!

Offline sparky1358

Thanks for the advice. Its actually my dad who is ahvving medical issue so just clearing some cash free to help them out.

I havent seen one on ebay in ages nor does it show up in search. Theya re fairly rare as only 9800 were made worldwide and they were made back in 1990.

I have both copies now for going on 15 years so I dont even remember what I paid for them unfortunately.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
HUGS to your dad, then.

If it were me, I'd try to come up with a price range between the minimum you'd part with it for and the most you could ever hope to get. Then put it on ebay using those numbers as a guide.

Maybe only sell one? That way you'd get to keep one of them. I know I'd have a hard time parting with something like that. It's very generous of you.

Good luck!
If I win a lottery I'll get back to you.  ;)

Offline briscoetheque

• Airborne Ranger
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
They're not worth much at all.

I'll give you $5 plus postage.

Seriously, good luck on all fronts.

Offline sparky1358

Thank you for all the well wishes.

These two pieces seem ultra rare even though 9,800 pieces were made. I just cant seem to find muc info on them.

They are a high quality piece thats for sure. My original intent years ago was to frame one and save one but other things came up like kids*LOL* and just never did it. Been stored away all this time.

I will keep searching and hoping someone knows a truer value for them bewtween now and next week sometime otherwise they will hit ebay.

Offline soledad

I have one of these, too. Mine says it's an edition of 200, but looks identical to your photos online. I can't remember the exact price I paid but I'm pretty sure it was less than $200 when I bought it about 10 years ago. I became interested in it tonight because I was researching Corbijn's signatures. Pretty much everything I've seen has his signature looking more like a symbol than a name, except for the lithographs you and I have. Trying to see if he signs two different ways or if he used to sign differently from the way he does now. BTW, saw your photos on U2start.com.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:15:34 AM by soledad »