Author Topic: Got Gillette tickets easy  (Read 4420 times)

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
Re: Got Gillette tickets easy
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 08:18:24 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm checking just for fun, but there are no tickets available if you select 2 and best available. I'm sure they still have some, but you got on right at 10 and got lucky, so that's probably why it didn't seem hard.

p.s. I don't think you're going to take a hit scalping, but I wish you would.

There's 2 pairs of GA tickets on eBay that didn't even get 1 bid at a measly $249 a pair.  That's insane.  I'm not ultimately going to make a profit on these tickets - I got them in case I can make the concert.

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 08:19:12 AM »
I hope for my friend's sake that they add a second show.  Or that some tickets get re-released.  I will keep checking...

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 08:29:25 AM »
I initially thought it was too ez.....(does nobody want tix?)..apparently I was just lucky for a change!

Offline kjazz17

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 08:30:14 AM »
got in right at ten, and got two ga's no problem, still have to see if ill be able to fly from nashville back home to see it, if not ill be selling them for cost!

Offline Mark0930

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 08:33:17 AM »
Talked to a live Nation rep saying they are looking at playing secondary markets in 2010.  Should be interesting to see what States..... 

Offline alexo

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 08:34:27 AM »
allright so no dice through ticketmaster, but a friend picked up a couple field tix through ebay for 125 each. Eh, its worth it, since i am officially a live U2 virgin (aka first U2 show!!).

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »
got in right at ten, and got two ga's no problem, still have to see if ill be able to fly from nashville back home to see it, if not ill be selling them for cost!

Yeah maybe I just timed it perfectly rather than had soft demand... It was amazingly easy - I literally had the tickets and checked out in 1 minute.  

I think having this presale on Monday is a smart idea for the true fans.  People with jobs are usually a lot more swamped Monday morning than Friday morning so that probably cuts down on the more "casual" U2 fans who clog up the works on a lazy Friday morning.

Offline ultraviolet75

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 08:55:02 AM »
This was the hardest I ever had it. I got on right at 10am & was looking for 3 tickets (maybe a bad number????) and i had to wait 6 minutes on two browsers for NOTHING To show up!!!! That really sucked! I then tried for 2 tickets Best Available...Nothing... I was getting desperate now at about 10:20.  I started putting in 1 ticket best available and finally seat would pop up. I dont really want to go alone to a stadium concert (have done so plenty of times at arenas with no problem but Ive never been to a stadium concert before...seems hugh and beign a female, I dont know, had my concerns).

Anyway, what i resolved to do was to get two single tickets that I could get at the $97 price range...and hope for the best. The locations I got for them are both towards the front of the stage , lower level...so same vicinity. I know who ever I go with will not want to sit alone, so Im just hoping that at either seat, they wont mind an extra person around????  UGH!

You guys who got multiple tickets in one shot, are very lucky!!!

Is there a magic number of tickets one should enter right fromt he get go?? Is 3 really  bad? Is 2 or 4 better? Of course, 1 is always best.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »
This was the hardest I ever had it. I got on right at 10am & was looking for 3 tickets (maybe a bad number????) and i had to wait 6 minutes on two browsers for NOTHING To show up!!!! That really sucked! I then tried for 2 tickets Best Available...Nothing... I was getting desperate now at about 10:20.  I started putting in 1 ticket best available and finally seat would pop up. I dont really want to go alone to a stadium concert (have done so plenty of times at arenas with no problem but Ive never been to a stadium concert before...seems hugh and beign a female, I dont know, had my concerns).

Anyway, what i resolved to do was to get two single tickets that I could get at the $97 price range...and hope for the best. The locations I got for them are both towards the front of the stage , lower level...so same vicinity. I know who ever I go with will not want to sit alone, so Im just hoping that at either seat, they wont mind an extra person around????  UGH!

Is there a magic number of tickets one should enter right fromt he get go?? Is 3 really  bad? Is 2 or 4 better? Of course, 1 is always best.

I think the bigger the number the harder to get, not just three......three however, is the cheaper way to find'em aftermarket( eBay or other) I have found....

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »

It's tough - you have to reload the screen right at 10AM (I love this Mac - timing is always perfect!) and then not fumble as you click in your ticket quantity, your section, "submit", and type in those two words.  No mistakes if you go right at 10 and you should get through.  It's an art and unfortunately the true fans are the ones least likely to get through because they're not doing this 30 times a year like the brokers are.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 09:04:29 AM »
I tried for an hour straight for 2 GAs and got nothing

When will they add a 2nd show

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »
I KNOW, obsessed! I refreshed the page right at 10:00, typed in 3 GA, and nothing. I did it really fast, too, and had a friend doing the exact same thing beside me. It was ridiculous.

There NEEDS to be a second show. THIS IS U2. And THIS IS BOSTON. There's a huge fanbase.

Offline Mark0930

• Wanderer
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:51 AM »
second date was added

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 09:15:59 AM »
I AM JUMPING FOR JOY. SECOND DATE!

Offline kjazz17