Author Topic: Two Shots of Acrobat, One Shot of Velvet Dress  (Read 7627 times)

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
Re: Two Shots of Acrobat, One Shot of Velvet Dress
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2017, 12:16:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Would I be expected to start wearing house-dresses and muu muu's in my old age?

Hey, your favorite bass player was wearing Mumus in the early '90s!

photo or it didn't happen.

It's in U2 at the End of the World.

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »
Well, has there ever been a rock band playing stadiums that could get away with not playing any of their hits?
What is the average number of songs that a person knows who comes to a show? Bigger fans will know more songs than people who aren't fans and who are just there for the spectacle or the party linked to the concert.
It's not about who owns just a greatest hits album vs many items from a band's back catalogue anymore.
Somebody who wants to see a band might not have any recording but stream everything. It is more likely that "deep tracks" get played if they go viral. That's when online fan communities who want a band to play an older deep track can step in and help make that song go viral so the band doesn't have the choice to ignore it anymore. I don't know how to organize such a thing but maybe someone else on this board does?

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2017, 05:38:36 PM »
Well, has there ever been a rock band playing stadiums that could get away with not playing any of their hits?

No. That was Dustin Hoffman's point in Chef when he told Jon Favreau that if you go see the Stones and they don't play Satisfaction, you'll burn the place to the ground.

My point is that I hope U2 finally becomes satisfied with their commercial accomplishments so that they can be artists again, playing deeper and more challenging songs in smaller venues to die-hard fans like us.

I'm tired of I Will Follow and Beautiful Day. I want U2 to tire of them, too.

Offline lucas.homem

• Numb
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2017, 07:11:28 PM »

No. That was Dustin Hoffman's point in Chef when he told Jon Favreau that if you go see the Stones and they don't play Satisfaction, you'll burn the place to the ground.

My point is that I hope U2 finally becomes satisfied with their commercial accomplishments so that they can be artists again, playing deeper and more challenging songs in smaller venues to die-hard fans like us.

I'm tired of I Will Follow and Beautiful Day. I want U2 to tire of them, too.

I think they've tried to be artists and didn't like it enough. They love to be rockstars.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2017, 07:36:29 PM »

oh my. yea. that ain't ever happening.

and i get sick of the war horses too but i still enjoy IWF. call me crazy.