Author Topic: Lincoln Memorial Concert  (Read 26420 times)

silvrlvr

Lincoln Memorial Concert
« on: January 18, 2009, 12:41:14 PM »
The live stream is up at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and it's also running on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
Re: Lincoln Memorial Concert
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »
Thanks for the NPR link - I can't get the HBO stream, since I'm in Canada!

~L

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:05 PM »
So far I have seen three - four performances and they are all only doing one song.  I wonder if U2 will be the only act to perform 2 songs or if they rehearsed 2 songs and are going to chose which of the two (city or pride).  I hope they play both.  going by that youtube video on the front page, it looks like they are rehearsing to play both with a good segway from pride into city.  I wonder when they are going to play...my gut is that they are closing the event...we will see.

streetmission

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So far I have seen three - four performances and they are all only doing one song.  I wonder if U2 will be the only act to perform 2 songs or if they rehearsed 2 songs and are going to chose which of the two (city or pride).  I hope they play both.  going by that youtube video on the front page, it looks like they are rehearsing to play both with a good segway from pride into city.  I wonder when they are going to play...my gut is that they are closing the event...we will see.

I think they're the only act doing 2 songs; and my gut feeling also is that they're closing the event.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !imsan
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »
Well so far no U2. Hope they close the show out, that would be fitting. Hope they sound good, cause so far Springsteen and Johnny Mellencamp rocked. Im damn proud to be an American! OBAMA!

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
Is U2 the only full band on the bill???  Bruce and Mellancamp where acoustic solo's with back up singers and the others were playing with the "house band" and solo.  To me an acoustic by a single person will usually sound good because there is only one thing that can go wrong other than the vocal...I am also proud to be an American, but also proud that our boys are there as the only non-american act...which in my opinion they are more american than many.

streetmission

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 01:31:12 PM »
Is U2 the only full band on the bill???  Bruce and Mellancamp where acoustic solo's with back up singers and the others were playing with the "house band" and solo.  To me an acoustic by a single person will usually sound good because there is only one thing that can go wrong other than the vocal...I am also proud to be an American, but also proud that our boys are there as the only non-american act...which in my opinion they are more american than many.

I think they're the only full band on the bill, which is also why I'm betting they'll close the show.  (Longer setup, longer take down).

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 01:32:07 PM »
I agree. Im goin crazy here. What song will they play? And yea it looks like they will be the only full band. I bet they will close it out. And im goin with Pride. Everyone knows it and 2mw is MLK's bday.

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »
what did Bruce play?

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
The Rising.

streetmission

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »
I agree. Im goin crazy here. What song will they play? And yea it looks like they will be the only full band. I bet they will close it out. And im goin with Pride. Everyone knows it and 2mw is MLK's bday.

They'll play Pride and City of Blinding Lights.  That's what they rehearsed last night.  I think they're the only act who gets two songs! ;D

silvrlvr

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 01:38:02 PM »

They'll play Pride and City of Blinding Lights.  That's what they rehearsed last night.  I think they're the only act who gets two songs! ;D

There's a video clip of the rehearsal on the News page of AtU2.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !imsan
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »

If they are closing, then I can see them playing two songs, both Pride and City...and since the rehearsel was in that order and they segwayed into City easily, I think they are playing two songs....since if they close, they do not have to worry about taking time from another act...also what the other person said, more setting up time and take down time would mean that they will go last being the only full band on the bill.

This is so f'n cool though....a new era with a new prez. and our favourite band playing the gig!

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 01:41:21 PM »
No doubt. Only the boys can pull that off. They may be Irish, but their American to me. Just like after 9/11, and the Halftime show at the Super Bowl. Im proud to be an American, and a U2 Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »

If they are closing the show I think they will get two songs, Pride last - as tomorrow is MLK' birthday and it would be a fantastic way to close the show. Im sure they do not want to put U2 in the middle of the bill after what happened at Live Aid - LOL, he went on and on and stretched Bad out to 20 minutes and they had to cut Pride! Imagine if that happened again!  :D