Author Topic: Lincoln Memorial Concert  (Read 26278 times)

Offline MrTheEdge

• Babyface
Re: Lincoln Memorial Concert
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2009, 08:45:21 PM »
Better quality vid...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

EDIT: LOL @ the last 10 seconds...

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:08:13 PM by MrTheEdge »

Offline u2009

• Wanderer
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2009, 08:54:16 PM »
Today I am extremely proud of America. After all of the days volunteering for the Obama campaign, through the rain, mud, knocking on doors we are FINALLY to the beginning of this journey.

If you watched this without a tear shed then you have no soul. God bless the Obamas,  Bidens, U2, Springsteen and every American. Woooo Hoooo 2009 is our year to let that fear that Bush instilled in our minds be washed away with HOPE, LOVE and UNITY!

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »
Bono made a fool of himself, and his voice was sub-par. What a shame to dishonor MLK like that.

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2009, 08:55:42 PM »
Bush kept you safe, cheech.  don't forget that.

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »
I thought it was all about change and everything and the first thing the new administration does, is exactly what every administration before it has done. An over blown wind bag of an event. Thumping it's chest as usual.

The whole of the over the top production is just so Zoo TV. U2 were so anti this ten years ago and now they are the main act. I just can't figure that out. But I guess it is Bono's way of trying to influence things by moving inside the system.

People can come here and blow wind up Bono's ar*e but that is the last thing he would want. He would like debate and opinion. That is what the internet was invented for. That is what Bono's life is all about as well.

The 00s has seen a huge disaffiliation with America from the rest of the world, at the same time the economies of the rest of the world have grown while America's is shrinking. America is selling to the rest of the world recession through it's financial institutions and likely high levels of unemployment and no economic growth.

America needs the rest of the world. As Hillary Clinton said in her first speech. But America needs to learn how to come to the table and discuss issues with the rest of the world and not just shout at the rest of the world and say..."It's the American way or it is no way".

Now America must go into places and meetings with other countries and LISTEN.

America is not a country that listens very well.

Shouting at the rest of the world doesn't work anymore. Countries, Ideologies and religions have got big enough that they can shout back. If there is continued shouting, it is only a matter of time before there is some sort of nuclear war. America can't just march into countries anymore and dehumanise the people and destroy those beliefs that have taken centuries to form.

I am a fan of America but America is in it's most fragile state for a hundred years. It needs to reinvent itself and in a hurry. It needs to go into partnership with the rest of the world. Being prepared to sacrifice some of it's principles for the good of mankind as a whole. It needs to get a lot more Yen in it's philosophies and if it doesn't, the rest of the world will pooh, pooh it as increasingly irrelevant. this is magnified in an economic climate where everybody will be looking after themselves. But if America go down that track, it will only bring more angst.

Good luck to Obama - he has a lot on his plate and a very hard job to undertake in selling America to the rest of the world and selling the idea of this to Americans.

God Bless America. I hope it succeeds in transforming itself. The whole world is watching.

Offline MrTheEdge

• Babyface
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2009, 09:05:49 PM »
Bush kept you safe, cheech.  don't forget that.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Still far too many people drinking the Kool-Aid and thinking that one person really will make all the changes necessary for their lives to be perfect.  He is human; he will make mistakes and will let you down (as all before him and all to follow).  Soon the "newness" will wear off.  However, I do hope it all works to our benefit rather than our detriment.  We will see.

In the meantime let's try to keep the worship to a minimum, huh?

Cheers.

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2009, 09:09:42 PM »
Hey, guys, get with the program ok? We should focus on the shoddy performance, and then get more in-depth vis a vis politics aka occasions.

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2009, 09:18:28 PM »
i am very thankful to God that the original members of U2 are still together - alive and kicking. i understand if Bono has flaws in his singing now..age sometimes is the culprit..but, i don't care. he is still Bono - with the same passion for music and humanity. still the best singer of all time for me!  :-*

Offline MrTheEdge

• Babyface
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »
Shoddy performance?  Hmm...

I was perfectly happy to see them out and playing again.  Did you pay to watch the "shoddy" performance?  Demand a refund or your wasted time!!!  I am sure they are very sorry they didn't meet your standards.

Seriously.

Have a pleasant rest of your wasted day.

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »
Man, I didn't pay anything, but I didn't go out to pick up girls because I knew it was on. I don't care if Bono's singing sucks, I just don't see any passion. Unless you mistake ducking up and down like a boxer for passion. He didn't move me. He wasn't 'in the moment'. Age? Not having options to impress? What's the problem according to you guys?
COME BACK AT ME!

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »
Man, I didn't pay anything, but I didn't go out to pick up girls because I knew it was on. I don't care if Bono's singing sucks, I just don't see any passion. Unless you mistake ducking up and down like a boxer for passion. He didn't move me. He wasn't 'in the moment'. Age? Not having options to impress? What's the problem according to you guys?
COME BACK AT ME!

i feel sorry for you not being moved. i can't do anything about that. it's your emotions. i don't know how Bono would be able to bring back the passion you want to feel. maybe the coming tour he might.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
COME BACK AT ME!

I think you should calm down. No one here wants to argue or "come back at you." Judging by some of your posts about how MLK would be ashamed, you really don't seem to like U2 at all. Why are you even here?

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2009, 09:35:47 PM »
I totally respect your opinion, but you have to agree about bono's passion. It isn't there anymore, like when he was singing to get rich, to get poon, and to save the world. I need to hear that and see it if I'm really going to spend time downloading the new album from the download sites.
come back at me!

Offline odelay

• Babyface
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2009, 09:36:06 PM »
Better quality vid...

EDIT: LOL @ the last 10 seconds...
I'm still confused why it ends with a season 5 clip of the Wire...IN SPANISH.  ?!?

Related to the other 9 minutes...did anyone else find it extremely awkward when Bono said "thanks for using my song in your campaign!!"??

Offline odelay

• Babyface
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2009, 09:39:18 PM »
I totally respect your opinion, but you have to agree about bono's passion. It isn't there anymore, like when he was singing to get rich, to get poon, and to save the world. I need to hear that and see it if I'm really going to spend time downloading the new album from the download sites.
come back at me!

I'll wait until you're 18.