Author Topic: Lincoln Memorial Concert  (Read 26421 times)

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
  • "Dream Out Loud, at high volume" - Bono
Re: Lincoln Memorial Concert
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's pretty cold in DC today, isn't it?  I'm sure that and the emotion affected Bono's voice.  Other than a couple of cracked notes, I think he sounded amazing!  I wish I could have watched... :'(

~L

p.s.

I'll check out the mp3, justin - thx!

No problem, hopefully someone posts some video soon.

Offline domino

• Refugee
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »
Am I the only Canadian on here that was able to watch it? Thank you Bell tv....

I agree with those that said Bono was sounding a bit off but I could care less.....and in the rehersal clip he only mentioned the 'Palestinian dream' and added the 'Israeli dream today'....I found that silence a bit awkward too, i think he did as well. So nice to see them all up there, looking very happy to be there. I'm sure I saw Larry smile or smirk at one point...and yes, Stateless, the shot of Larry lined up to shake hands with Biden and Obama was priceless....i'd LOVE to know what was running through his mind then...

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »
So for all of you who know me on this forum, I have what you all call a 'cool' job, working on a cruise ship, travelling the world - in fact, Im in the middle of the Pacific Ocean right now on my way back from Hawaii. Sounds almost perfect eh?
Well, our company blocks live streaming and downloads onto company computers while at sea. So I could not sea, hear or even watch the damn thing as we are not even licensed to recieve HBO onboard  :(
So, after following U2 for 26 years, I can not see them on this momentous day! oh, I will not be able to listen to GOYB tomorrow, or pre-order the album on iTunes either, therefore missing out on the bonus tracks.
Oh what a life. So I am relying on all my friends on this forum to keep me updated on everything my beloved U2 do and what they look and sound like after 5 years.
Ill get home on Thursday - does anyone know if the pre-order on iTunes will still be available then  ???
Right now, Im off to drown my sorrows in a large cocktail!
A very disgruntled and upset Zoostavox signing off!

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2009, 02:59:08 PM »

Chill out buddy. it will all be there for you when you get home. Like a Christmas present on Boxing Day. Go upstairs and get some sun on the deck chairs or something. Or drink a strawberry daiquiri and meet up with one of the girls on the boat that wants a good time. It will all be there for you when you get home.

Be at peace not in pieces.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2009, 03:00:14 PM »
Am I the only Canadian on here that was able to watch it? Thank you Bell tv....

I agree with those that said Bono was sounding a bit off but I could care less.....and in the rehersal clip he only mentioned the 'Palestinian dream' and added the 'Israeli dream today'....I found that silence a bit awkward too, i think he did as well. So nice to see them all up there, looking very happy to be there. I'm sure I saw Larry smile or smirk at one point...and yes, Stateless, the shot of Larry lined up to shake hands with Biden and Obama was priceless....i'd LOVE to know what was running through his mind then...

LOL...His face was priceless...like he thought being at the end of that line he would safe....but you can tell if you watch it that he was smilling when they did approach him and as mentioned it looked like Biden made him laugh.  Overall, pretty cool....but that image of Larry as soon as Biden/Obama was about 4' away from him was priceless.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2009, 03:01:15 PM »

Chill out buddy. it will all be there for you when you get home. Like a Christmas present on Boxing Day. Go upstairs and get some sun on the deck chairs or something. Or drink a strawberry daiquiri and meet up with one of the girls on the boat that wants a good time. It will all be there for you when you get home.

Be at peace not in pieces.

Thanks Bono in Bonolands - this is just the sort of reply i need to cheer me up - Ill take your advice on everything except meeting other girls on the boat - my wife is with me and would not like it - LOL  :D

• Numb
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2009, 03:05:38 PM »
Then go and give her some of your special free time buddy, if you know what I mean. It sounds to me like you got a pretty perfect set up. Some dream time with your wife on a cruise ship (even though for you it is proably just another day) with the expectation of the new U2 stuff when you get home.

Take Bono's advice on the new song and "Get On Ya Boots!"

I got a submarine
You got gasoline
I don't want to talk about wars between the nations..

Sexy Boots.

Get on Ya Boots!

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »
Free time - I spend it all on this bloody Forum -  :D
And thanks for those lyrics - can you write music? - if so, write the tune for me also  ;D

• Numb
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2009, 03:17:41 PM »
Think "Pump it Up" from Elvis Costello with a "The Fly" loop before the chorus.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »
Think "Pump it Up" from Elvis Costello with a "The Fly" loop before the chorus.

Ok, now Im completely p####d off I wont be able to hear it until Thursday  :'( - that descriptione sounds awesome!
Ok, more cocktails needed by the pool!

• Numb
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »
Just think, next trip you have, You will be listening to the full album while you drink cocktails. Mmmmm. Never want time to speed up. Life is too short.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2009, 03:24:28 PM »
I posted an mp3 that includes the MLK speech and both U2 songs.

I hope this allowed here, if not I'm sorry in advance.

GREAT mp3 listening!!! Thanks man. Can't wait for the new album and the new tour!!!

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2009, 03:27:57 PM »
is there any video??

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2009, 03:46:44 PM »
is there any video??

Just found this:

~L

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2009, 03:51:03 PM »
Okay, well that was all kinds of awesome, wasn't it? :)

Yessiree!  Greatest band in the world!

Just waiting for someone to post the video on YouTube - only had NPR here in Canada :'(

~L

It on HBO Canada right now!  Stevie Wonder is on.   (repeating tonight and on Tuesday)