Author Topic: Lincoln Memorial Concert  (Read 26572 times)

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
Re: Lincoln Memorial Concert
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »
What do you mean?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I totally respect your opinion, but you have to agree about bono's passion. It isn't there anymore, like when he was singing to get rich, to get poon, and to save the world. I need to hear that and see it if I'm really going to spend time downloading the new album from the download sites.
come back at me!

I'll wait until you're 18.

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2009, 09:49:34 PM »
i think it just simply means if you are already mature enough for discussions.

What do you mean?

I totally respect your opinion, but you have to agree about bono's passion. It isn't there anymore, like when he was singing to get rich, to get poon, and to save the world. I need to hear that and see it if I'm really going to spend time downloading the new album from the download sites.
come back at me!

I'll wait until you're 18.

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2009, 09:52:35 PM »
dude, that is harsh. I like u2 as much as the next guy, and I like you too (pun intended). All I'm saying is, my love is not unconditional. It has to be earned.

Offline odelay

• Babyface
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »
dude, that is harsh. I like u2 as much as the next guy, and I like you too (pun intended). All I'm saying is, my love is not unconditional. It has to be earned.

It's totally OK to dissent...it's just the matter in which you do it.  Something more insightful and less aggressive would lead to a more thought-provoking thread.  Parsing through this thread has become...tedious.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !imsa
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
A few of u get off on ripping the US, but where was U2 today? Are u going to start ripping on them for being part of this American celebration?

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2009, 10:13:33 PM »
I think the U.S is great, so don't rip on a great nation. I will do my best to be less inflammatory, but bold opinions lead to constructive discussion. Lets begin from the premise that U2 were very disappointing today, and may be losing it, and then try and disprove ourselves. That way we will love them more truthfully.
Just a thought.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !imsahd
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2009, 10:25:15 PM »
Reread my post. I live in Chicago. My point, a few people in here were ripping the US. So they couldnt be happy that U2 was here participating in this event. Its called being a smart ass. I didnt know the U2 forum was a place to bash on this country.

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
  • "Dream Out Loud, at high volume" - Bono
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2009, 10:26:53 PM »
Bush kept you safe, cheech.  don't forget that.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Still far too many people drinking the Kool-Aid and thinking that one person really will make all the changes necessary for their lives to be perfect.  He is human; he will make mistakes and will let you down (as all before him and all to follow).  Soon the "newness" will wear off.  However, I do hope it all works to our benefit rather than our detriment.  We will see.

In the meantime let's try to keep the worship to a minimum, huh?

Cheers.

That's how politics work. Bush was President during a tough time, so he'll take the blame. Bush has become the boogeyman for many people. Just like when Clinton was president during a huge economic boom, he had very little to do with the success but got the credit in the short term. History will tell a very different story when it comes to President Bush and Clinton.

As far as Obama goes, no one knows what he'll do or be like. I don't think the U.S has ever elected someone they knew less about. I do think his election is significant for two reasons, first he has inspired a huge percent of the population and he is the first African-American to be President. That shouldn't be important but it is. Obama represents hope right now, in a few weeks the honeymoon will be over, and he'll have to prove himself.  I hope he does. I'm not American, but I believe in America.

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
Re: Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !imsahd
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2009, 10:32:28 PM »
Reread my post. I live in Chicago. My point, a few people in here were ripping the US. So they couldnt be happy that U2 was here participating in this event. Its called being a smart ass. I didnt know the U2 forum was a place to bash on this country.

It's popular to dump on the U.S, that's what happens when you are the best. People have to try and take you down a few notches. I'm not an American citizen but I have no problem saying how great the country is. If you do hate America, you picked a weird band to like because U2 love America.

Offline u2009

• Wanderer
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »

f*** Bush, CHEECH! I guess you are one the one of the 20% of idiots who still support him. America's first mentally retarded president is on his way out. Good riddance Bushie...

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
Thats all Im saying. A few want to bash this country, but yet they like U2. I dont get it either.

Offline unforgettableu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »
quit talking politics losers.

Offline u2009

• Wanderer
Re: Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !imsahd
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »
Thats all Im saying. A few want to bash this country, but yet they like U2. I dont get it either.

Bash this country? Im not bashing this country I am bashing the government blowhards that have ran it into the ground. Patriotism is not a three letter word (WAR). For those who said that Bush protected this country, I say the worst terrorist attack in our nations history happened under BUSH. Economic collapse, two wars and you wonder why we are in the position we are in now? I come from the Larry Mullen school of thinking. It is good that he said something about Bono's dry humping the leg of Bush. Bono completely lost his mind trying to get close with that moron.

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2009, 10:50:44 PM »

f*** Bush, CHEECH! I guess you are one the one of the 20% of idiots who still support him. America's first mentally retarded president is on his way out. Good riddance Bushie...

Don't you ever get bored? The anti-Bush movement is so stale and tired. Never a sensible point just an attack on his intelligence. The best part is Bush is smarter than most of the people who bash him.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2009, 11:01:28 PM »
2 posts in here were way out of line about Americans. Thats all Im saying. Theres no need for that. Talking politics is one thing, but making comments about americans and how corny the celebration was is ignorant.