Author Topic: Will there be a 2011 leg for 360 tour, will UK/Ireland be final concert in 2011?  (Read 3642 times)

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
If there is a possibility that they will play Mexico and maybe even Australia in 2011, what about them closing out the 2011 leg in UK/Ireland?

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Probably not.  One can always hope for an Arena tour for the Songs Of Ascent album.
U2 switched from an arena scaled Zoo TV show to a stadium scale Zoo TV, what about the other way around for 360.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
One of the Tours designers, can't remember which, but probably Mark Fisher, said in one interview, that the structures(Claw) would remain in the final countries that host the tour. As in, remain in a park or leisure amenity area.
It's not said, but this sounds to me like the southern hemisphere, Australia or South America.

It's still very possible that dates will be announced for both of these regions, we should know over the coming months.

I am speculating here, but, I would expect that we won't see u2360 in 2011, it will finish in 2010. Touring for a 3rd year, with the same tour and same tour concept(e.g. The Claw)would be extremely unlikely.

I can't see 360 going indoors, the whole concept of 360 is to fill a stadium with the Claw structure in order to make it feel like an arena.(or some way along the path to that objective) Indoor, is a completely different proposition.

If the next tour(after 360 finishes) is indoor, and it's more likely that it will be, then, we will have a new concept, and not a 360 rehash.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:15:14 AM by Falling At Your Feet »

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I have to agree with FAYF- I simply cannot see the tour continuing into 2011- the band have a lot of studio work to do with Spider-Man and the Rubin sessions let alone a distinct new album. (SOA will presumably be either out or scrapped by then) and they'll need some time off before they release that and tour with it!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
I'm afraid not - hence why myself and loads of other UK fans are probably weighing up which (if any) European Shows to try
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:24:36 AM by singnomore »

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm afarid not - hence why myself and loads of other UK fans are probably weighing up whcih (if any) European Shows to try

I'll second that! :(

shockdocta22

God I hope so!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
The latest rumors are that the two legs they've announced for next year will be the only two legs in 2010, and that the "rest of the world" dates will happen in 2011.

Up to you if you want to put much stock in it or not, but those are the rumors.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
The latest rumors are that the two legs they've announced for next year will be the only two legs in 2010, and that the "rest of the world" dates will happen in 2011.

You think they can stretch out 2 years on the same show - mind I suppose they did with the Zoo TV tour?

hurricane hugo

You think they can stretch out 2 years on the same show - mind I suppose they did with the Zoo TV tour?

yeah. it looks like Metallica's going to carry the Death Magnetic (which began in summer of '08) to at least the end of 2010, and quite likely well into 2011. if U2 choose to do so, they'll have no problem...especially since they're doing a lot less shows due to their stage design than Metallica are.

doesn't mean they will, just that they could.

#@!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
I wonder if the crew are paid when the band are off the road?  I can imagine things getting very costly if the tour extends into 2011.

hurricane hugo

the techs are definitely on retainer.

with such a specialized set, the stage crews might be as well.

the drivers (truck and bus) probably aren't.

#@!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
the techs are definitely on retainer.

with such a specialized set, the stage crews might be as well.

the drivers (truck and bus) probably aren't.

#@!

How do you get into this line of work because the holidays sound great ;D