Author Topic: The REDGEistry - Edge Lovers of @U2 unite!  (Read 14956 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: The REDGEistry - Edge Lovers of @U2 unite!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 11:48:46 AM »
I am overwhelmed by this thread. I cannot answer all these right now but EF, you are awesome!!!! 

Boom Cha!

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »
Edge fan since - 2006
Favourite Edge eras (in order) - Achtung Baby, Pop
Favourite Edge look - Cowboy suit
The Edge is old enough to be my... (son/schoolmate/wise older brother/dad/granddad) - Dad
Best Edge riffs - Discotheque, HMTMKMKM, The Playboy Mansion
Best Edge solos - The Fly, EBTTRT, When I Look At The World, Mysterious Ways
Best Edge facial hair - Popstache
Best Edge hat - Beanie
Best Edge performance in a U2 Concert video - PopMart
One word to describe The Edge - Genius
Two words to describe The Edge - Too Cool
What do you think he'll be doing post-U2? - Producing, solo
Favourite Edge guitar - Explorer
What's the closest you've ever been to greatness? - We were in the same stadium  :D
The one Edge-related video on YouTube you think everyone needs to see - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why The Edge? - You try to find someone cooler than him
Favourite Edge photos
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »
I plan to REDGEister, but it's going to take some thought.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 05:45:46 PM »
Edge fan since - U2 fan since 1987, hardcore Edge fan since 2005
Favourite Edge eras (in order) - now, baby Edge, Elevation with the number tee shirts
Favourite Edge look - now with the plaid shirts, also Red Rocks DVD with the red and black flannel shirt
The Edge is old enough to be my... (son/schoolmate/wise older brother/dad/granddad) - schoolmate (I'm seven months older than him)
Best Edge riffs - the beginning of Streets is amazing, so simple but so powerful
Best Edge solos - Love is Blindness, Bullet
Best Edge facial hair - now
Best Edge hat - beanie, but I also love the white cowboy hat
Best Edge performance in a U2 Concert video - Sunday Bloody Sunday in PopMart from Mexico City
One word to describe The Edge - blessed
Two words to describe The Edge - beautiful eyes
What do you think he'll be doing post-U2? - composing music for movies
Favourite Edge guitar - don't know much about guitars, but the Explorer looks too cool
What's the closest you've ever been to greatness? - Front row outer rail left of center, Norman, Oklahoma.  The bridge stopped right in front of us and I was about 8-10 feet away.  Surreal.
The one Edge-related video on YouTube you think everyone needs to see - I'm technologically challenged, but if I could figure out how, I'd post Popmart SBS from Mexico City
Why The Edge? - because The Edge Is Just Too Cool
Favourite Edge photos  again, I'm too technologically challenged (and lazy) to figure ou how to post pics, but I really like the last one EdgeFest posted
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 05:47:25 PM by lorijane »

Offline Discotheque Girl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • You break and enter my imagination
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 05:52:00 AM »
Edge fan since - begging of 2009
Favourite Edge eras (in order) - Zoo Tv,TUF and 360
Favourite Edge look - Curly TUF hair with Zoo TV accesorices,please ;D
The Edge is old enough to be my... (son/schoolmate/wise older brother/dad/granddad) - dad.... :-[
Best Edge riffs - Discotheque
Best Edge solos - Love is blindess (Zoo Tv)
Best Edge facial hair - Zoo Tv
Best Edge hat - Purple Zoo Tv
Best Edge performance in a U2 Concert video - All ::) Love is Blindness,Zoo Tv
One word to describe The Edge - unbelievable.
Two words to describe The Edge - HOT DAMN! ::)
What do you think he'll be doing post-U2? - trying to help younger artists.
Favourite Edge guitar - Gibson Les Paul,Explorer.
What's the closest you've ever been to greatness? - concert.
The one Edge-related video on YouTube you think everyone needs to see - Love is blindness Zoo TV.
Why The Edge? - Why not? :P
Favourite Edge photos
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Discotheque Girl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • You break and enter my imagination
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 05:58:15 AM »

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 05:48:28 AM »
I don't even know why I opened this thread.  I didn't fill out the form because couldn't even make it past your pix EF.  Thank you so much for those!

*sigh*

*shakes head and wanders back to the Bono thread*

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 12:04:47 PM »
Confession; this photo

was the background for my phone for almost an hour :-X

I've since come to my senses, and changed it back to Bono :D

But I think I might do this when I have time :)

Offline rattle and hum

• Stateless
  • Playing with the fire till the fire played with me
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
Edge fan since - 2004 (I'm a young one)
Favourite Edge eras (in order) - favorite era-right now    other favorites-- baby edge, zoo tv, TUF
Favourite Edge look - zoo tv with TUF hair, possible with a cute vertigo t-shirt and some converse shoes
The Edge is old enough to be my... (son/schoolmate/wise older brother/dad/granddad) - Dad
Best Edge riffs - mysterious ways, streets, HMTMKMKM, pride
Best Edge solos - SBS (live), silver and gold, the fly, unknown caller
Best Edge facial hair - right now!
Best Edge hat - rattle and hum cowboy hat-- yeehaw Irish boy!
Best Edge performance in a U2 Concert video - tough one, I'm gonna say Popmart
One word to describe The Edge - mind-blowing (it's hyphenated, but that counts, right?)
Two words to describe The Edge - flippin awesome
What do you think he'll be doing post-U2? -post-U2? What? NO!
Favourite Edge guitar - Gibson Explorer, of course.
What's the closest you've ever been to greatness? - In the same stadium in Chicago
The one Edge-related video on YouTube you think everyone needs to see - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why The Edge? - he's the one and only Edge, what more is there to say?
Favourite Edge photos

showin' off the guns

dancing edge

rockin' the SRV look

Alton Dalton

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 11:14:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

;D ;D ;D ;D Looks like he should be in the E-Street Band!

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:23 AM »

I know... LOL!!  Definitely not my favourite look.  Edge has always been an original so whenever I see those pics it's Edge trying to be Stevie Van Zandt., every other era is Edge being EDGE.... LOL!!!

Alton Dalton

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 11:29:34 AM »

I know... LOL!!  Definitely not my favourite look.  Edge has always been an original so whenever I see those pics it's Edge trying to be Stevie Van Zandt., every other era is Edge being EDGE.... LOL!!!

Is there a new series of The Sopranos coming soon? Watch this space!!   ;D

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »

I like Pirate Edge.  So much hair...

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 04:34:57 PM »
And the half-buttoned shirt to go with it. :D

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 10:29:31 PM »
Bump-o-rama.

Some new folks definitely need to join the REDGEistry!