Author Topic: The REDGEistry - Edge Lovers of @U2 unite!  (Read 14951 times)

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
Re: The REDGEistry - Edge Lovers of @U2 unite!
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 09:27:17 PM »
Fun questionnaire!  ;D I need to meditate a bit on some questions a bit more-but I'll get my answers in this weekend. I want to try and see if I can get my favorite picture included.. the picture of me with the Edge taken last year in California...that's definately the closest I've gotten to greatness. :) ....

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2010, 09:58:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fun questionnaire!  ;D I need to meditate a bit on some questions a bit more-but I'll get my answers in this weekend. I want to try and see if I can get my favorite picture included.. the picture of me with the Edge taken last year in California...that's definately the closest I've gotten to greatness. :) ....

Oh WOW!  Can't wait to see it :)

Welcome to the board!

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2010, 12:42:33 PM »

Oh WOW!  Can't wait to see it :)

Me too! How did it happen?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 01:36:12 PM »
Looking forward to the picture and story (and trying very hard to hold back jealousy.)

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2010, 12:19:55 AM »
Thanks all! :) Sadly, it appears I will have to rely on a Kinko's computer for my photodisc, so I will have to wait until Sunday morning. But I will go first thing Sunday morning, I promise, and keep all fingers crossed.

I decided to go down to LA when U2 were in town to promote No Line on the Horizon at Capitol Records-even though I hadn't won a ticket to that session. I was walking around near the start of West Hollywood when I saw a small crowd outside a building, so I decided to go over and see what was going on. After waiting awhile with them, suddenly, out walks the Edge!!  ;D

It was just a mini crowd there--around 14-20 people-- not like the crowds that wait outside the stadiums.  He came over and went down our line and signed autographs. He was very quiet-hardly said anything as he was walking down the line. Though when he got to me he did ask me 'how are you'? Naturally, I had nothing intelligent to say. I just said "I'm happy to hear you (u2) will be coming to Vancouver on the tour! (as I live in Seattle, so it was close). And then I thought to myself d'oh!  :P not so brilliant ;) he he

Then he moved on to the woman to my left and she asked him "Can I have a new picture with you" (as she had told her friend just moments before that it has been awhile since she has got a picture with him). So I told the woman to my right that I should have asked for a picture. So she suggested we go to the end of the line and try again there. So off we went to the end of the mini-line. And when he came to the end I asked him "Can I get my first picture with you"? And he obliged.  Though I felt a little bad that the woman took a LONG time to take the picture with my simple camera (as I hate to take up a lot of their time). She ended up taking a 2nd picture that also turned out, though he is looking off to the side as he was ready to go. As she was finishing up the picture, The Edge said "I've got to fly" and off he went :) So it was a very brief encounter and I was too in awe to say much, but what can you say or do with The Edge standing right in front of you?   ;D It wasn't the smoothest trip overall, as I had my bag stolen with my (RED) shirt :( and I got a bit sunburned...but getting my picture with The Edge made it all worth it!

So I promise I will go by Kinkos Sunday morning and hope their computers are kind to me. I'm not so great with these machines ;) but I did get the picture posted on my facebook page as a backup. So I'm getting better ;D But I'll include my answers to the questionnaire then as well

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 04:43:20 AM »
Cool story!  I don't know if I could put two words together if the Edge was standing right in front of me.  Hope it works out to post the picture.

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 11:12:32 AM »

hmmm...I know I was able to actually get a picture pasted in a different forum...but today I can only seem to get the link. But when I previewed and clicked on it, it did open!
So here's the linke

I'll have to try again during the week to get the actual picture in here (after I can ask the computer folks at work ;) ).

I've been watching the Olympics too much to get my questionnaire replies together yet. :) But since the Olympics are ending today, I'll get my answers in by tomorrow, as I want to include my participation :)
Have a good week!

Offline edgetastic [Vote Zaphod]

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 11:15:12 AM »
THAT. IS. TOO. COOL.

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2010, 11:18:22 AM »
 ;D ;D Thanks!! Glad to hear the link works....yay!!

Offline edgetastic [Vote Zaphod]

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:27 AM »
yay! :)

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »

hmmm...I know I was able to actually get a picture pasted in a different forum...but today I can only seem to get the link. But when I previewed and clicked on it, it did open!
So here's the linke

I'll have to try again during the week to get the actual picture in here (after I can ask the computer folks at work ;) ).

I've been watching the Olympics too much to get my questionnaire replies together yet. :) But since the Olympics are ending today, I'll get my answers in by tomorrow, as I want to include my participation :)
Have a good week!

That's awesome!!!! I don't think I've seen too many pictures with him smiling as widely as that. ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:13:21 PM by U2_fan8 [aka U28] »

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 09:11:45 PM »
Oh wow - that is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

So very cute!  I would have died right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 11:15:13 PM »
Awesome pic, mlines! Lucky you!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2010, 05:01:10 AM »
The shirt!  The jacket!  The scarf!  The smile!  THE EDGE!  What a great picture!

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2010, 04:12:33 PM »
The shirt!  The jacket!  The scarf!  The smile!  THE EDGE!  What a great picture!

Thanks! :) I liked his shirt and scarf too!! Once again, he looked quite fashionable!  :D