Author Topic: The REDGEistry - Edge Lovers of @U2 unite!  (Read 14948 times)

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
Re: The REDGEistry - Edge Lovers of @U2 unite!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »

At long, last....my replies to the REDGEistry questionnaire :)

Edge fan since - 2001- when I first discovered U2
Favourite Edge eras (in order) - Now, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby
Favourite Edge look - Wearing the number 7 --his Elevation Tour look...and his look now :)
The Edge is old enough to be my... (son/schoolmate/wise older brother/dad/granddad) - Wise older brother. True, there's a gap between our years...but not enough for him to be my dad
Best Edge riffs - One, Discoteque, Pride, Gone, Where the Street's Have No Name, In God's Country and many, many more :)
Best Edge solos - Love is Blindness (especially on ZooTV dvd), Bullet the Blue Sky, The Fly, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Unknown Caller

Best Edge facial hair - now
Best Edge hat - his black hat with the 'drawings' worn on the Zoo TV tour (it's my favorite :)  )
Best Edge performance in a U2 Concert video - Popmart and ZooTV are pretty much an equal for me :) both have Edge performing vocal solos and have a number of other special Edge moments

One word to describe The Edge - Brilliant
Two words to describe The Edge - Simply brilliant
What do you think he'll be doing post-U2? - Music producer

Favourite Edge guitar -  the Gibson Explorer
What's the closest you've ever been to greatness? - overall-standing right next to him in a photo in an LA 'meet and greet'.-see photo link below
In concerts... 360 tour: Chicago Sept 12 -front row, inner circle, right in front of the stage..in front of Edge's foot pedals (so only that darn security pit between us-which was too wide for me ;) ); Vancouver Oct 28 -front row, inner circle, in front of Bono's mic...so still close proximity :); Vertigo Tour: Hawaii- 2nd person back on the outer rail of the ramp on The Edge's side-halfway down the ramp-Edge stopped and played right in front of us a time or two :); Portland-along the outer rail (didn't get scanned in)-nearly dead center from the stage. So when he walked along the ramp, he walked right in front of me
The one Edge-related video on YouTube you think everyone needs to see -I haven't gone in YouTube enough to  watch many videos....so I'm just choosing one of the first ones I've found today....not the best picture at times but still fun...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oh, and one can never go wrong with watching the video for "Numb"...sorry, that's 2, but this is always a classic Edge video :)

Why The Edge? - He has such a quiet kindness to him and a sweet smile; he is a caring person and a beautiful soul; he is a genius with the guitar and is truly the 'sound' of U2
Favourite Edge photos

Of course, my all time favorite is the picture of me with the Edge :)

And any picture of Edge flashing his nice smile :) :) (The computer isn't letting me copy and past today...grrr.so I'm not having luck adding others....

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2010, 05:32:47 PM »
Welcome!!! You rock mline6 :)

To post pictures you have to surround the picture address with [ IMG ]http://PICTURE ADDRESS HERE[ /img ]   (except don't put the spaces between the square brackets and the letters...)

Or, just click the little pic with the sun right under the "bold" button above and paste the pic address in there :)

I posted your pic in the Edge Is Just Too Cool thread for you! :)

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »
Welcome!!! You rock mline6 :)

To post pictures you have to surround the picture address with [ IMG ]http://PICTURE ADDRESS HERE[ /img ]   (except don't put the spaces between the square brackets and the letters...)

Or, just click the little pic with the sun right under the "bold" button above and paste the pic address in there :)

I posted your pic in the Edge Is Just Too Cool thread for you! :)

Thanks EdgeFest! I'll have to try your suggestion this week! I tried asking the rep at Kinko's yesterday when I posted the link, but I knew he wouldn't be of any help---as I've never found anyone working at my local branch who knows anything about computers :o   ....I do have some other Edge pictures I want to scan and put on a photo disc to post....so more will be coming :)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2010, 11:38:38 PM »
Bumpies!

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
Edge fan since -U2 Fan since 2006,but I fell for Edge about a year ago.
Favourite Edge eras (in order) - since he was born till now
Favourite Edge look - Zoo tv(He was just sooo beautiful)not that he isnŽt now
The Edge is old enough to be my... (son/schoolmate/wise older brother/dad/granddad) -well IŽm 31 so he can be my dad and as well wiser older brother.
Best Edge riffs - all he created
Best Edge solos - The Fly, BTBS, LIB etc.
Best Edge facial hair - goatee
Best Edge hat - any beanie
Best Edge performance in a U2 Concert video - ThereŽs so many
One word to describe The Edge - unbelievablycuteandlovelyperson
Two words to describe The Edge - just cool
What do you think he'll be doing post-U2? - I think heŽll take time off for a while and then hopefully get involved in some project
Favourite Edge guitar - Explorer,Rickenbacker,Les Paul
What's the closest you've ever been to greatness? - not yet, but hope to breathe the same air with him in Helsinki
The one Edge-related video on YouTube you think everyone needs to see -
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login The Edge? - If only there was more kind and modest people like him around.
Favourite Edge photos-open any Edge pic thread

Offline ILoveEd

• Elevated
  • Remember me?
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2010, 05:49:56 PM »
Edge fan since - About 2008
Favourite Edge eras (in order) - Now, Joshua Tree, Achtun Baby
Favourite Edge look - Now =)
The Edge is old enough to be my... (son/schoolmate/wise older brother/dad/granddad) - Hmm...let's not go there  ::)
Best Edge riffs - Mysterious Ways, Streets, One
Best Edge solos - Bullet the Blue Sky, All Because of You, Love and Peace or Else, The Fly
Best Edge facial hair - Now
Best Edge hat - Beanie! (or tuque as we say here in Canada  ;))
Best Edge performance in a U2 Concert video - Hard to choose but I love ZooTV & Sunday Bloody Sunday from Popmart in Mexico
One word to describe The Edge - Just one?! Okay. God.
Two words to describe The Edge - Absolutely fantastarifical.
What do you think he'll be doing post-U2? - Music producer
Favourite Edge guitar - Classic Gibson Explorer!
What's the closest you've ever been to greatness? - Nothing yet. But concert this summer! :D
The one Edge-related video on YouTube you think everyone needs to see -
Why The Edge? - Because no one made me appreciate music more than him. He has a truly unique sound, and is an absolute genius...and modest, too. He's intelligent, charming, funny and inspiring, and seems like a genuinely nice guy. There's no one on the Earth that I'd like to meet more than him! :)
Grrrr....my computer isn't letting me uplaod pictures  >:( But I have plenty that I LOVE! :P

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
  • All messed up, with opera in my head.
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2010, 07:38:13 AM »

Wow thanks for that video!!!!! Hadn't seen that before and man, Edge had me cracking up over here!